PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of trying Vix

manicscrewdriver
29-07-11, 06:06
I have to admit i have been an avid user of Blackhole since i had my Vu+ about six months ago. Once again Steph thanks for delivering it by hand :D

I have had a few issues with BH which i tried to resolve without to much luck so i have now decided to give VIX another go. Before i try it i would like to ask a few questions which hopefully will make the transition easier.

I'm currently running BH 1.6.2, can i upgrade to Vix 2.2.1 by just installing from USB or do i need to back everything up first with Dreambox edit and then manually re-install everything. I know this was an issue when moving from earlier versions of VIX to version 2 and upwards

Does the Vix image correctly report ECM times under CCC** 2.1.3 and under or does it just produce NAN like BH does. This is my biggest bug bear with BH :mad:

Is it easy enough to switch back to BH if i need to?

Thanks for looking

Nano

pooface
29-07-11, 06:12
When installing any image, u will need to backup any settings, channels, configs etc if u wanna restore em.

As for cccam 2.1.3. No new image displays ecm times... only oe 1.5 gives ecm times with any cccam below 2.2.0. All vu+ images are oe 1.6, so do not display ecm times. Therefore, u will need cccam 2.2.0 or later if ecm times is a must!

Sent with Tapatalk

Sicilian
29-07-11, 06:14
I'll to answer this as best I can :)

You can install buy USB. Image here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9741-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-Image-v2.2.100-21-07-2011&p=71896#post71896 Emu here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

ECM Times with 2.1.3 will report as NAN, you will need to use newer CCcam.

You could backup your BH image as I believe they have a script to create the backup image, cant remember exactly how this works now though. Its in their plugins feed under scripts. This way you can easily flash back if required.

Backup all your channel settings and configs using Dreamboxedit then transfer to ViX image.

manicscrewdriver
29-07-11, 06:30
Just what i thought.

The reason i have to use 2.1.3 is my card won't decode properly under CCC** i have to use OSC** to read the card and 2.1.3 for obvious reason for which i'm not going into.

The newer versions of CCC** simply aren't any good for me since they removed 256 from them.

Oh well its something i'm going to have to put up with by the looks of it, at least until the end of next month.

Its a Pity as my Tivusat card works fine under CCCam 2.2.1 but my other card is a big no no under 2.2.1

Well thanks for your help. I will hopefully be switching sometime over the weekend :D

Its nice to see i can ask questions here without the fear of being banned for just metioning ECM times unlike another other forum which i'm not going to mention.

Nano

Sicilian
29-07-11, 06:40
Not 100% sure of your setup, but oscam will show ecm times too.

manicscrewdriver
29-07-11, 06:43
I only use OSC** as a card reader to CCC** for Uncle Ruperts card. I'm too stuck in my ways to try anything else :D

I'm ditching the card anyway at the end of the month so its not a major issue as my other card works fine in CCC** 2.2.1.

Nano

manicscrewdriver
31-07-11, 10:09
I have found a fix for the issue i was having with the ECM times under 2.1.3 :D

Works fine and reports back the same times as it does with 2.2.1 :thumbsup:

Just download the file below, unzip and ftp to the lib folder. Upon reboot ecm times will be displayed correctly.

http://www.4shared.com/file/qxbVgFuP/libgcc_sso.html

Works fine under Blackhole, not yet tested under Vix, That will be this afternoon :smiley_yup:

Thanks to Ten Below from Linuxsat for uploading the file :D

Nano

andyblac
01-08-11, 08:17
I have found a fix for the issue i was having with the ECM times under 2.1.3 :D

Works fine and reports back the same times as it does with 2.2.1 :thumbsup:

Just download the file below, unzip and ftp to the lib folder. Upon reboot ecm times will be displayed correctly.

http://www.4shared.com/file/qxbVgFuP/libgcc_sso.html

Works fine under Blackhole, not yet tested under Vix, That will be this afternoon :smiley_yup:

Thanks to Ten Below from Linuxsat for uploading the file :D

Nano

that will slowdown and lose you functions in ViX, as it replace the hardware FPU with a software emulation version.

DO NOT USE IN ViX!!!!.

Andy.