PDA

View Full Version : Project Valerie & VIX 2.2.106

judge
29-07-11, 00:21
Anyone else having trouble installing Project Valerie on latest VIX?
Tried installing from Menu/Plugins/Download Plugins/Extensions & get a 404 error, so tried downloading latest version posted here & installing manually.

root@vuduo:~# ipkg install /tmp/project-valerie_rev860_mipsel_oe16.ipk
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie (1.0+svnr866-r3) to root...
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/all/enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie_1.0+svnr866-r3_all.ipk.
wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/all/enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie_1.0+svnr866-r3_all.ipk, wget returned 1.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package project-valerie.

same result...

killz187
29-07-11, 11:00
Anyone else having trouble installing Project Valerie on latest VIX?
Tried installing from Menu/Plugins/Download Plugins/Extensions & get a 404 error, so tried downloading latest version posted here & installing manually.

root@vuduo:~# ipkg install /tmp/project-valerie_rev860_mipsel_oe16.ipk
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie (1.0+svnr866-r3) to root...
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/all/enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie_1.0+svnr866-r3_all.ipk.
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/all/enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie_1.0+svnr866-r3_all.ipk, wget returned 1.
* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

same result...

Also having trouble installing project -valerie last night gave up in the end will give it a week or so when they is another release and try again.Im also using the latest Vix image.

sn196
29-07-11, 13:44
Im having the same issue.

Sicilian
30-07-11, 17:20
Project-valerie plugin was being updated yesterday in the feeds, try again now ;)

DrProzac
31-07-11, 08:00
I've just tired and I'm still getting the same Error.

Never used it before, so perhaps it's something I'm doing but getting exactly the same error as above.
Was trying to install from the Plugins Download, also tried a manual install.

Sicilian
31-07-11, 08:35
I've just tired and I'm still getting the same Error.

Never used it before, so perhaps it's something I'm doing but getting exactly the same error as above.
Was trying to install from the Plugins Download, also tried a manual install.

First do a software update > Blue button > ViX > Software update.

Then try again.

arik
31-07-11, 08:45
Hi All

I confirm this is true the same Error.

Sicilian
31-07-11, 08:46
Hi All

I confirm this is true the same Error.

Have you run a software update first?

arik
31-07-11, 08:48
Hi All

Ok this is what I do.

hifial
31-07-11, 08:51
Same here I ran the update restarted and tried to install it from feed then I manually downloaded the ipk from their site but same thing happened, must be something up with their servers

arik
31-07-11, 08:55
Hi All

Oooooo ..:eek: now is good.:)

Many many thanx Sicilian.

arik
31-07-11, 09:08
Hi All

I installed a file that is easy to update the flash drive. Software for me was corrupt.
Continue with the ipk is as it was.
With me were two errors, the error is still ipk.
It's nothing for me is now well.:)

Thanx.

DrProzac
31-07-11, 11:33
OK,

I'm still having problems.

Done the Software update from ViX Via Blue Pannel.
Then what do I do?

Do I install the software via Pluggins Menu, or via manual IPK Install?

When I try from the Plugins Menu I get an Error

Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie (1.0+svnr867-r3) to root...
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/all/enigma 2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie_1.0+svnr867-r3_all.ipk.
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/all/enigma2-plugin-extensions-project-valerie_1.0+svnr867-r3_all.ipk, wget returned 1.

If I try an do a Manual install I get the same error,
If I try the opkg update I get

root@vuduo:/var/volatile/tmp# opkg update project-valerie_rev873_mipsel_oe16.ipk
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/3rd-party/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/3rd-party/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-3rd-party.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/all/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/all/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-all.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/mipsel/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/mipsel/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-mipsel.
Downloading http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/vuduo/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.com/feeds/release/vuduo/vuduo/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/openvix-vuduo.

Does that mean it's installed ot is there another step, as I can't find it?

[code

judge
31-07-11, 12:01
Just did an online update to 2.2.107 & still have the same issue.

mufc1983
02-08-11, 09:16
same for me! after ive done the software update... its the same error....

punisher
02-08-11, 09:52
What version of vix are u guys on?

DrProzac
02-08-11, 10:35
I'm using Version 2.2.107

Still getting the same Error.

mufc1983
02-08-11, 10:41
im using vix 2.2.107 and getting the same error

punisher
02-08-11, 10:57
there should be another update latest being 2.2.108 if i remember correctly

mufc1983
02-08-11, 11:02
no there is only 2.2.107

DrProzac
02-08-11, 11:21
I last tried an on-line update last night, and it said there was no updates available.

Not sure if it's been released today, but I'm at work and can't try at the moment.

punisher
02-08-11, 12:15
Ok when i get home im gonna install it on the et5000 as its working perfect on my duo for me

Sicilian
02-08-11, 13:37
Ok when i get home im gonna install it on the et5000 as its working perfect on my duo for me

Try the public image please and check the webif remote ;)

punisher
02-08-11, 15:58
Yeh ive only checked on beta and that works perfect and got the duo remote too. Gna do the et on public and will check remote too

satmanbasil
02-08-11, 16:15
Hi guys

I have updated my vusolo with the latest updates and tryed to load latest project valerie via temp folder ipk without any luck same issues with http 404 message.
Have been reading how to directly input folders to vu is this worth trying or can anyone with a WORKING version of valerie give us a clue to what version works with the latest vix image.

regards
satmanbasil

forgot to mention i also tryed via the plugings option with the same results

Sicilian
02-08-11, 16:17
Guys some updates will be released soon to fix this. Please be patient.

DrProzac
02-08-11, 16:21
Yes I noticed on the version I'm running it was showing the Dream Remote, and also accessing the webpage I get the following error

Request failed for: /web/deviceinfo

I didn't think that had anything to do with Project Valerie though?

punisher
02-08-11, 18:28
ok ive just flashed the public 2.2.100 on the et5000 and checked the web remote and it IS showing the ET5000 remote.
Ive now updated the image to latest vix 2.2.107 and the web remote still shows the ET5000 remote but at the topc of the screen in a red background i get this message and it disappears after a few seconds. didnt get this before updating to 2.2.107

"Request failed for: /web/deviceinfo

Screenshot below

Project Valerie didnt install, same errors as mentioned above

Screenshot Below

ill get andy to have a look

DrProzac
03-08-11, 00:12
At least I know I'm not going mad!
Not sure if it makes a difference but I didn't check the webremote until after updating, only checked it recnetly (on VU+) and it has a Dream Remote as mentioned above.

Thanks for your contiuned support, and after this I'll probably decide I don't like the Project Valarie add-on anyway :p

Sicilian
03-08-11, 09:18
ok ive just flashed the public 2.2.100 on the et5000 and checked the web remote and it IS showing the ET5000 remote.
Ive now updated the image to latest vix 2.2.107 and the web remote still shows the ET5000 remote but at the topc of the screen in a red background i get this message and it disappears after a few seconds. didnt get this before updating to 2.2.107

"Request failed for: /web/deviceinfo

Screenshot below

Project Valerie didnt install, same errors as mentioned above

Screenshot Below

ill get andy to have a look

Please report this in dev room for Andy.

punisher
03-08-11, 10:23
Hes aware of it and said a fix should be out for it soon :p

satmanbasil
03-08-11, 15:27
Hi guys

GOOD NEWS !!!!!!!

Have updated vusolo today with updates and installed project valerie v872 and OMG its working did version update and thats loaded fine too now 879

Big congrats to andy and his team on getting this useful plugin working for us :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Now to set about doing my vuduo

well done guys

regards
satmanbasil

satmanbasil
03-08-11, 15:46
Hi guys

Update now working on duo too did note however i didnt find file in download plugins so used version 872 i downloaded from valerie site and then updated it when installed to latest v879.

regards
satmanbasil

DrProzac
03-08-11, 16:26
Working on mine now as well (or it's installed anyway)

Now running Vix 2.2.109
And Project Valerie 879.

No Idea what it does, just asked me to configure some things, and I got Live Tv and Movies and TV Shows, but dosn't seem to do anything like the screenies I've seen.

DrProzac
03-08-11, 17:14
WHat a donut,

Just noticed the scanning options down the bottom, my screen must be on the dark side, as I could only see the selected items.

Anyway, that's all working so thanks to all involved who got it back to normal.

As a side note, I also get the VU+Duo Remote, and no longer get the Web Error either.
SO all is good in the world again! :)

andyblac
03-08-11, 23:12
i do try to please :). but it is hard sometimes with only me coding. and as well as working on 2.3 :D

satmanbasil
17-08-11, 21:19
Hi mate

Any work around notice my version is xx versions from the latest but when i install when the receiver reboots the option project V goes from the menu i have tryed rebooting but that does not fix the problem. Right now im having to uninstall and reinstall to get it back.

regards
satmanbasil

DrProzac
17-08-11, 23:07
I'm having the same issues since I think about version 909

As soon as I put the newest version on and restart enigma 2 it's has gone from the main menu.
Not sure why though?

DrProzac
19-08-11, 10:42
Anyone got the latest version running, I can't seem to get it toe work without any errors?

punisher
19-08-11, 13:04
im on r914 about 27 revisions behind and works a treat for me. i havent touched it or anything since i first installed it ages ago and it just gets updated as andy updates the feeds

DrProzac
19-08-11, 20:57
Wish I done the same now.
But I kept playing with it!!

WIll try that verion again tomorrow, as my internet is playing up again!

satmanbasil
19-08-11, 22:28
im on r914 about 27 revisions behind and works a treat for me. i havent touched it or anything since i first installed it ages ago and it just gets updated as andy updates the feeds

Hi mate

Yeah thinking i may well ignore how many versions im behind prob like too many people tinkering with latest version.

Maybe u can help me
I just added a hdd to my duo and been recording test programes how do i get them to show the movie/series data in the menu .... i note i have on the hard drive a folder /valerie which i did throw a number of recordings into but the menu's for film/series didnt seem to pick up i see theres an option in settings to sync im presume this is how it sorts out what the programes are but it seems to take so long and dont look like its doing anything i would be gratefull for any advise on this matter.

regards
satmanbasil

DrProzac
22-08-11, 12:28
Hi mate

Yeah thinking i may well ignore how many versions im behind prob like too many people tinkering with latest version.

Maybe u can help me
I just added a hdd to my duo and been recording test programes how do i get them to show the movie/series data in the menu .... i note i have on the hard drive a folder /valerie which i did throw a number of recordings into but the menu's for film/series didnt seem to pick up i see theres an option in settings to sync im presume this is how it sorts out what the programes are but it seems to take so long and dont look like its doing anything i would be gratefull for any advise on this matter.

regards
satmanbasil

That's ther issue I had with the newer version.
It says it's syncing but doesn't seem to do anything even if left for 30mins or so.

Will just have to wait until the feed is updates, as I seem to be stuck now.

Halling51
22-08-11, 14:16
Anyone got the latest version running,

Where do I find the latest ViX 2.2.109??

DrProzac
22-08-11, 18:26
Where do I find the latest ViX 2.2.109??

Latest Public ViX is 2.2.110 (I belive)

If your rinning 2.2.1xx Just run the on-line updates. From the ViX Menu.

Etk
23-08-11, 00:01
Sorry to double post but thought I'd better put this in both project-valerie threads in case some helpful soul with the answer to my problems is only subscribed to one!

Has anyone got this working? I've managed to install it but every time I try a scan of my NAS it just hangs, the error log says it can't find a blacklist file in hdd/valerie/ but I'm not sure if that's the reason its not playing. I'm stuck ono v906 as I can't get it to take anything later than that, again not sure if this is the problem. Don't seem to be able to find anything on the mac to extract the .ipk file so can't do as suggested in the other thread and manually install it.

Etk
23-08-11, 00:58
have tried it with a film copied to a local directory now and have exactly the same problem so at least I know it's not a network issue.

rasod
09-09-11, 08:59
Hi guys, I also have problems with Project Valerie in VIX image 2.2.100. At first I installed the .ipk file in /tmp and installed it with local extensions in the vix menu. The gui was restarted and I found Project Valerie when I pressed the Menu key. Started PV and it seemed to be OK but was asking to download an update. I answered OK, the download began and the new version was installed but after :confused: that I could not find PV in the Menu any longer. Copied the .ipk file in /tmp and installed PV again, gui restarted and box rebooted but still no PV in the menu !!!??? :confused:

What to do ?

/ rasod

omega99
09-09-11, 12:06
Hi guys, I also have problems with Project Valerie in VIX image 2.2.100. At first I installed the .ipk file in /tmp and installed it with local extensions in the vix menu. The gui was restarted and I found Project Valerie when I pressed the Menu key. Started PV and it seemed to be OK but was asking to download an update. I answered OK, the download began and the new version was installed but after :confused: that I could not find PV in the Menu any longer. Copied the .ipk file in /tmp and installed PV again, gui restarted and box rebooted but still no PV in the menu !!!??? :confused:

What to do ?

/ rasod

same issure here vix 2.2.110 install via web, update now vp has disappeared, tryied to uninstall via telnet(opkg remove project-valerie* ) no go

satmanbasil
09-09-11, 13:52
Hi mates

If you read previous post ur find its a known problem already experienced by others including me lol.
Your wasting your time right now to bother with any upgrade to PV not so sure its to do with the vix image thats stopping it working right or glitch with PV its self i would just love it right now to scan the 50gig of films i have on my hdd but it cant even do that doh!!!!!
Can anyone suggest any prog simular to this we can look at

regards
satmanbasil

Rob van der Does
14-09-11, 06:11
The Valerie plugin that is available in the feeds, is a special version: it is being build using the sources of the Valerie-project, and adapted a bit. If you use the updater within Valerie, things start to go wrong: either leave the updating of Valerie a part of online updating the image (every time the image has had an update Valerie is updated as well) or don't use the feeds but the plugin as is available from the Valerie-project site.
But never mix the two of them!

There also seems to be a problem de-installing Valerie: it looks like not all items are neatly cleared. So once you mixed the two versions up, it will be difficult to get things right again.

cpt. LoMax
30-09-11, 21:55
same here :confused:

Rob van der Does
01-10-11, 05:35
If you want that, you can of course decide not to use Valerie from the online-feeds, and to install the ipk from the Valerie-website. Having done that, you can use the update-function from within the plugin.

But in that case: be aware that during an online update of your receiver the plugin can be overwritten by the online version. If that should happen you have to de-install it and re-install your local version.