PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Flash Uno

Balls I Shot
28-07-11, 18:20
Just bought the Vu+ Uno

have it facing astra 19.2 and found the channels no problem

but when i try to flash the box it just doesn't seem to work... the usb is new i have tried blackhole and vix.... i follow the guide step by step but it just doesn't load up instead doing a normal reboot and loading up last channel... i have reset the box to factory settings and this has had no impact.

the usb works as i tested out the media player with it and that was fine.

could the box be faulty ? or am i just not doing something simple ?

Larry-G
28-07-11, 18:31
you have to remember to press the channel - button on the front of the receiver when prompted otherwise it will not boot from the usb, but load the image already on the box.

Balls I Shot
28-07-11, 18:35
that's the problem there is no prompt...ive tried pushing the button, holding..... just does not make a difference.

Larry-G
28-07-11, 18:40
which usb slot have you tried ? as some times i find the best one for me is the lowest rear usb slot.
also make sure you place the files directly onto the root of the usb stick and that the stick is formatted to fat32.

the files should look like so on the stick.

USB STICK > vuplus > uno > then the four files as follows, boot_cfe_auto.jffs2, kernel_cfe_auto, root_cfe_auto.jffs2, splash_cfe_auto.

Balls I Shot
28-07-11, 19:01
Ive tried all the USB Slots.

The USB is formatted exactly like that :confused:

Larry-G
28-07-11, 19:03
try another usb stick, your receiver may not like the one your currently trying.

Sicilian
28-07-11, 19:17
Make sure your stick is formatted FAT32.

Balls I Shot
29-07-11, 00:03
gave it another try before bed

and it worked :eek:

didn't do anything different

random.

Thanks for the help though.

Sicilian
29-07-11, 06:15
Could be the USB stick used, sometimes they don't get recognised straight away.

theinvoice
06-08-11, 12:58
Hi

Most of the time when you download the uno folder ,you only get the uno folder, so you need to create a folder called
vuplus and put the uno folder into the vuplus folder that you have created. Then put onto usb stick and put into VU+Uno box.
Remember to make sure that your usb stick is formatted in FAT32. Hope this helps.