PDA

View Full Version : Play Divx .Avi files with subtitles in .txt or .sub format - possible?

wacek
28-07-11, 16:51
Dear All,

I am trying to play DivX .AVI movies along with subtitles in .TXT and .SUB format.

How to do this?

Kind regards,
wacek

wacek
31-07-11, 14:37
Kindly Bump -So playing Divx with subtitles isnt an easy thing on our super duuper VuDuo? :confused:

silverfox0786
09-08-11, 01:39
As far as I'm aware it can't be done the only way but nit tested is a ts file with subs embedded like the DVD videos

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

mauri
09-08-11, 11:34
I can confirm that most of the avi files that I through to my VuDuo, do play their subs. I've tested .srt subs, which you can download from the web. Not sure about .sub format though... :S
You just put the moviename.srt file in the same folder of moviename.avi and enable the subtitles via the audio/sub menu.

Kindly Bump -So playing Divx with subtitles isnt an easy thing on our super duuper VuDuo? :confused:

wacek
09-08-11, 16:37
Ah, Ok. Ill try .srt files then.
Thank You!

silverfox0786
13-08-11, 05:38
I can confirm that most of the avi files that I through to my VuDuo, do play their subs. I've tested .srt subs, which you can download from the web. Not sure about .sub format though... :S
You just put the moviename.srt file in the same folder of moviename.avi and enable the subtitles via the audio/sub menu.

i have never been able to play srt files on mine and i know the format as i use them on my PC in gomplayer

im gonna test this again and see what i find

mauri
18-08-11, 22:56
I find srt format as the less glitchy format. How about you, how did it go with srt files?