PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Permanent timeshift setup on VIX Image v2.2.100

td75
27-07-11, 19:43
Thank you VIX team for an amazing image and all the work that has gone into it!

Have updated image online from 2.2 to 2.2.1 but read the Permanent Timeshift Plugin is integrated (Disabled by default, turn on via Timeshift settings). I have searched all the menus and plugins but cannot find where to enable this. Any help on this please?

punisher
27-07-11, 20:01
tagged and moved to right section. Please post in the right section and also use correct tags

go to menu/setup/system/Timeshift Settings, and you can set it up from there :D

td75
27-07-11, 20:12
Thanks for your prompt reply punisher! Sorry thought this was the correct section for ET9000..

I have just checked again through the system menu but there is definitely no Timeshift Settings menu or option. I have checked through every option from AV setting through to VIX but cannot find this!

Is it possible this menu is missing since doing an update? Is there any way I get this menu back or do I need to reflash image from USB?

punisher
27-07-11, 20:19
hmm its definately in the system menu. the update might not have gone through properly for you. if you dont mind doing a reflash then id say do a reflash but make sure you do a software update right after the reflash is done and the box is on so you have all the latest files. then have a look for the Timeshift Settings in menu/setup/system/Timeshift Settings

td75
27-07-11, 20:34
Okay thanks.. was guessing something may have gone wrong with the update. Strange though as everything else seems to be working fine. So guess there is no plugin I could download or is a reflash the only option?

BTW by using correct tags on post should I have added ET9000? Sorry but kind of new to this..

punisher
27-07-11, 20:38
yeh, if the post is related to ET and vix image then it needs to go in the ViX Team ET-Series Support forum and tagged with the box that your query is about i.e ET9000 or ET5000 etc etc :p there is no plugin for Permanent Timeshift. you could try doing another software update and see if there are any updates that you missed but if it isnt there then you will need to reflash with the latest image from here and hopefully that should get you up and running. just another question, do you have a HDD installed or USB?

td75
27-07-11, 20:43
okay great will check that out before reflash.. yes I have a 1.5TB HDD installed and a 1GB USB that I just use for picons

punisher
27-07-11, 20:49
yeh that should all be fine. just follow the steps above and let us know if u reflash and it works

td75
27-07-11, 22:14
tried software update again but box just hung - have now reflashed it and timeshift is back in the system menu! thanks again for your help:thumbsup:

punisher
27-07-11, 22:18
If in doubt jus do a reflash lol just use the backup manager to backup ur settings and also do animage backup when things are good so u can fallback on it. Glad u sorted though