PDA

View Full Version : Picons working in EPG but not on info bar

stevethejack
27-07-11, 12:17
Bit of strange one - I'm very new to the Vu+ Duo have flashed Vix image on it, have a 7 day EPG, and love the IMDB download. I'm getting the Picons working in the EPG, but not on the info bar. I'm guessing there's something in the menu that I've not selected for it to appear on the info bar but can't find it.

Any idea & thanks
Steve

punisher
27-07-11, 13:10
Where have u stored ur epg? If you ftp into ur box an check that you dont have the picon folder on both hdd or usb, it should only be on 1 storage device. Also whatskin are u using

stevethejack
27-07-11, 23:29
Where have u stored ur epg?

I've stored CrossEPG in hdd - I think!! Looking at hdd there is a folder called CrossEPG, but its empty

If you ftp into ur box and check that you dont have the picon folder on both hdd or usb, it should only be on 1 storage device.

This, I thought would be the issue, after you said about it, as I think I stored the picons in two different places, however after searching the / directory via 'Server' and 'Search Remote Files', I could only find one location for the picons, which was /media/usb

Also whatskin are u using
The skin is Magic

Thanks for your help, but still confused.
Steve

punisher
27-07-11, 23:34
Try doing a rescan and then reboot and see if that brings it up. Shot in the dark i knw lol

stevethejack
28-07-11, 00:05
Got it working :thumbsup: Moved the Picon folder from the usb folder to the hdd folder and it did the trick. Thanks for all your advice, although indirectly it got me to the solution.

Thanks ever so much for your help and quick responses

Cheers
Steve

punisher
28-07-11, 00:16
Lol strange. Not sure why it didnt like it on ur usb but aslong as it works. Only problem u might have is everytime u change channel now the box will delay as hdd churns up to load the picon in the infobar. If it bugs ya then try to reformat ur usb via the mount manager and try the usb again. But see how it goes

Mr. Mister
28-07-11, 01:46
On this subject..

Can anyone tell me how to get the picon on the EPG please.. ??

I have them in the info bar.. but cant get them in EPG..

Thanks

punisher
28-07-11, 07:37
Mister have a look at the bottom half of this tutorial

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8712-How-to-setup-picons-onto-usb-stick-ViX