PDA

View Full Version : Sky Sports, ESPN to become available on Top Up TV CAM

bassethound
27-07-11, 10:47
Top Up TV users will be able to access Sky Sports channels and ESPN when it launches its Top Up TV CAM service in time for the start of the new Premier League season on August 13.

The video on-demand company today announced the next phase of its Top Up TV CAM service, which saw Sky Sports 1 and 2 offered on its hybrid-Freeview platform last year. The CAM (Conditional Access Module) service allows subscribers to access the premium sports channels without the need for a set top box.

Customers with a compatible Freeview TV will be able to order a Top Up TV CAM next month. The credit card-sized device, which does not require engineer installation, will be available free of charge from Top Up TV.

"Customer research tells us that Freeview customers love the idea of being able to receive Sky Sports and ESPN without the need to sign a lengthy contract," Nick Markham, CEO of Top Up TV, said. "But they do not always want the clutter of additional hardware.

"We are very pleased to be able to offer this brand new solution that makes things simple for our customers."

Sky and Ofcom reached an interim agreement to see Sky Sports made available on digital terrestrial television last year.

Sicilian
27-07-11, 11:13
Could this be the start of Sly releasing Cams to allow us to use our own choice of receiver? Lets hope so :)

Donnie
27-07-11, 11:20
Could this be the start of Sly releasing Cams to allow us to use our own choice of receiver? Lets hope so :)

That would be a great solution for many UK sat enthusiasts, maybe now it could be a possibility that the Murdoch's have to abide by the same rules as every other industry.

From what I can see they have always been immune to competition laws.

Larry-G
27-07-11, 13:31

i would be delighted if it were, however murdock has already been ordered do so by court order which he has flouted blatantly.
personally i'd like to see the real digital tv platform finally get off the ground as a rival satellite tv option for uk residents, ( if it ever does that is ).