PDA

View Full Version : Problems flashing vu+ duo via serial

kevdoc
26-07-11, 20:31
Hi Im having some problems flashing my duo via serial cable using vu+ utility. Its a brand new box never been flashed, I just received it this morning. I have static ip setup using com1. When I load the VIX Team v2.2.100 NFI that's when I start to run into problems. I followed the tutorial I found correctly and don't know what could be causing it to fail. The error it's throwing at my after trying to flash is TFTP ERROR cannot connect and on the boxit says load failed. On the vu utility it says everything ok up until it fails the flash. It connects to the com1 ok and then it sets ip ok, ie set my local ip as it is set in my network settings and it then adjusts remote ip accordingly when i click set ip it says set ip success. Any help please.

Donnie
26-07-11, 20:32
Have you tried flashing with a USB ? far easier and the most common way to flash this type of box.

kevdoc
26-07-11, 20:35
I havnt no, simply because I havnt got a USB stick. I have all the equipment for a serial flash lying about from my surfboard modem days lol. So I thought it would have been straight forward enough. Any ideas why it could be failing?

Edit 1:

do u know if in my network settings I should have a default gateway setup? I've just left it blank and set up ip and subnet mask.

Donnie
26-07-11, 20:41
Are you using a proper com port or via a usb adapter ?
Also when you flash remove all other cables and USB devices.

Larry-G
26-07-11, 20:44
the VIX team do not produce a .NFI file we only release to my knowledge a USB file.

kevdoc
26-07-11, 20:45
Yes mate I'm using an rs232 serial cable and their are no other devices attached to the computer except for the rj45 which is needed.

kevdoc
26-07-11, 20:50
the VIX team do not produce a .NFI file we only release to my knowledge a USB file.

Well I have an NFI file for 2.2.100. Lol even if it's not a valid NFI it's doing the same thing when I try a blackhole image onto it. I want the vix image on it but ATM would be happy to just get any image on it so I can play about with it

Edit 1: here is what I'm getting returned to me from the vu+ util packaged with the LSK team v1.4 toolbox

1. Extract image
2. Enter into the CFE mode
3. Ip is set in the machine
4. Upgrade the kernel image on the machine
5. Fail to upgrade your machine [step : 4, err-code: -21]

kevdoc
26-07-11, 22:24
Anybody got any input? I've been at this for ages trying different images and tools.

Sicilian
27-07-11, 05:16
Try the old version here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18-VU-Utility-and-guide-for-usage-of-the-VuUtility That just uses serial.

kevdoc
27-07-11, 22:26
Thanks sic, I resorted to borrowing a USB flash drive instead lol what I spend 5hours trying via serial took as little amount of mins via USB. Thanks for all the input guys.

zephyr4
28-07-11, 13:42
Do you not need a null cable for flashing a nfi image.

Stanman
28-07-11, 20:12
VIX dont do a NFI image and so far I have not come across one from other teams. The only time I have flashed a NFI was a dm7020 and that was done via browser as well.

kevdoc
29-07-11, 15:53
It was Def an nfi file of 2.2.100. Maybe somebody other than vix created it from a usb image. Either way it didn't work lol. Yes I was using a null cable to flash via serial port. I'm well aware of the procedure, honestly think it was the image was the ptoblem. Il post the image here when o.get home so you guys can take a look at it if you like.

Larry-G
29-07-11, 16:05
as already stated we ( VIX ) do not produce .NFI images, if you have a .NFI image of the latest VIX release it was not created by us and we can not offer support for it.

kevdoc
29-07-11, 17:36
Yes I understand. That's why I offered you to take a look at it, if peeps are modifying your work and putting it out as a vix release. That's all I ment. The image o finally got onto it was the usb version I got from this forum. And a fine image at that I most say. Lol. Very use friendly. Great Gui. So easy to navagate.

josefsat
25-11-12, 13:54
have the same problem CANNOT CONNECT TFTP ERROR

Alec
25-11-12, 15:58

I don't use this method, but have you tried to ping the box, from computer.
In run just write ping and your network address. ie ping 196.170.1.111 it will tell you if you if are connecting.

Stanman
25-11-12, 16:23

Did you do a settings backuo from an older image?