PDA

View Full Version : Two boxes running in one house

bouncy
25-07-11, 17:35
Hi all if running 2 boxes from the same house when you go into cccam.info will the hostname ip addresses be similar or can they be totally different?

For example will they be similar

Box 1: 84.13.xxx.xxx
Box 2: 84.13.xxx.xxy

or can they have totally different ip addresses like below?

Box 1: 84.13.xxx.xxx
Box 2: 95.145.xxx.xxx

This example to me would make me think they are running on two different broadband providers, am i right?

Larry-G
25-07-11, 18:04
i have 4 boxes in my house and there all like the first example.

maybe some of the guys who work in I.T and have a better understanding of networking can give a more detailed answer.

bouncy
25-07-11, 18:08
i have 4 boxes in my house and there all like the first example.

maybe some of the guys who work in it and have a better understanding of networking can give a more detailed answer.

That's what I thought to be honest.

Thanks

pooface
25-07-11, 20:26
There are possibilities...

The user might have 2 broadband lines coming in to the house, e.g. 1 a work line 1 home, 1 virgin, 1 bt etc... Other possibility is that the user has a block of static ip addresses. However, this usually differs, because the address would be in the format of 84.13.12.199, 84.13.12.200, 84.13.12.201, 84.13.12.202, etc etc...

I would say tho, that you need to be careful where this is leading, as it sounds as though it could be something that we would be unable to discuss on this forum...

judge
25-07-11, 21:16
in the second example they are 2 different networks.
Better off putting them on the same network on private addresses so they can 'talk' to each other easily.

sivhead
31-07-11, 17:56
The way I would set boxes up would be as follows
1st find the MAC address of your network cards of your satellite boxes.
2nd on your router configure DHCP reservations for the mac address.
then last of once this has been done. configure your satellite boxes to be configured as DHCP.
Now they will always get the same ip address as they are reserved in DHCP on the router. Everytime you flash your box with a new image you can leave the ip address as DHCP everytime.