PDA

View Full Version : Any installers available in the Leicester area?

supathug
26-03-10, 09:22
Hi Guys,

Just got my TM motor and 80cm dish yesterday. Am looking for an installer to take down my existing minidish and put the new dish/motor up and align it. Anyone in the Leicester area available over the weekend? Please PM with prices if you are. All existing cabling is in place so all that needs doing is putting the dish/motor/lnb up and aligning it.

Thanks

grtmoby
27-03-10, 11:20
Bobonthejob says he does.
have a look http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/vu-duo-discussion/basic-newbie-questions/

bobonthejob
27-03-10, 11:55
@grtmoby - Have got him the details mate...I think he is getting it fitted on tuesday.

Thanks.

supathug
28-03-10, 06:27
Cheers guys. im all sorted now. roll on Tuesday. Just hope im not chaining myself to it stopping the mrs from taking it down come tuesday night!

Sicilian
28-03-10, 07:08
Hope your keeping you fixed mini dish too. That way you'll have a dish per tuner ;)

supathug
28-03-10, 10:39
Dont think ill be able to swing that one unfortunatly sic but im happy with just the motorised TBH. Seemed a shame to have the receiver with the capability to drive the motor and then only have a fixed dish so I'm happy.

supathug
30-03-10, 21:00
Got everything set up today and even got to keep the minidish up as we put the 80cm round the back of the house on a pole. The mrs doesnt mind it there as its out of the way so I am well chuffed. Anyway, If anyone else is looking for a decent installer please PM me. I can highly recommend Chris, the guy who did mine for me for the Leicestershire area. Did a neat and tidy job properly and didnt leave until he was sure it was working for a very reasonable fee. Anyone want his details please PM.

Sicilian
30-03-10, 21:39
I'm glad u managed to keep the minidish, you'll benefit loads from that ;)

supathug
19-05-12, 10:35
Hi All,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just moved house and needed to have my TM motor/dish installed again for my DUO. Chris came out again and I must say again did a excellent job and was very reasonably priced. He even managed to hide the dish from sight from the front of the house which got the Mrs off my back!! (I'll post some pics up later).

Had a slight problem (my fault as the receiver wasnt connected at the time) and he came back and sorted it FOC so top man in my book. Chris has also done work for mod bobonthejob on here who can also highly recommend his work/vouch for him.

If anyone in the Leicester/midlands area requires an install then Chris can be contacted on xxxxxxxxxx.

Hope this helps someone out.

I have removed the phone number, as its not a good idea to post personal details of anyone

supathug
30-05-12, 22:27
Hi All,

Didn't realise Chris' number had been removed. Mods, he has given permission for it to be on here so if anyone needs it he is on .

Larry-G
30-05-12, 22:32
Hi All,

Didn't realise Chris' number had been removed. Mods, he has given permission for it to be on here so if anyone needs it he is on .

I have once again removed the telephone number from your post, please do not re-post it. I understand that he may have given you permission to post the number but i will not allow any telephone numbers to be posted on the open forum for privacy and safety reasons, if you wish to pass it to any interested party via a PM then thats fine but not on the open forum.

Sicilian
30-05-12, 22:34
Hi All,

He may have given his permission, but he hasn't got ours. This forum isn't to be used for installers free advertising.

basilyoung
30-05-12, 22:40
to some extent, this situ is my fault, in that I edited the OP, for the same reasons pheonix mention,d, I had a pm, in reply to mine about my reasons, and said that if the guy does,nt mind his number being published on the forum, although I had reservations, I did indicate that it would be ok, on reflection, I should have stuck to my orig thoughts,