PDA

View Full Version : How can I make a SymLink (Shortcut) from HDD2 to show in HDD1>Movies?

Tw4T
22-07-11, 13:12
Hi Guys, been away for a while so am catching up on some reading and what not. Anyhow, At the moment I have a 2tb USB HDD as my main Drive for recording, timeshift, swap etc. This is mounted under /media/hdd with the usual directories included (movies etc.). I have just added a second HDD, again a 2tb USB Drive, to the box. This is mounted under /media/hdd2 and includes a directory named "Wrestling Collection". Now, when I want to view HDD2 I have to navigate out of the default HDD directory /hdd/movie/ and go to /mnt/hdd2/Wrestling Collection. This is a bit of a pain but I remember someone on here saying you can make a link in /hdd/movies of the directory in HDD2. Ive tried all I can but I am unable to figure it out. Can you tell me what I need to do please. I hope this makes sence (im on new medication, and still feel a bit wobbly with it). Thanks in advance.

Donnie
22-07-11, 13:13
You can add a symbolic link with dcc, just right click and add your paths

Tw4T
22-07-11, 13:42
Im not sure what DCC is, I use my Computer/Laptop to access the drives (Win7 Network). Ill check it out tho. Can you explain a bit more tho please? Sorry.

Stanman
22-07-11, 14:06
DCC is dreambox control centre and you can use it to telnet/ FTP to your box, but I would suggest using filezilla (FTP) and putty (telnet)

Tw4T
22-07-11, 18:02
OK, Ive FTP`d to the HDD/Movies Path but still cant create a link to HDD2 :(