PDA

View Full Version : Sound stuttering problems on latest image?

irfy
21-07-11, 23:57
So I have the latest 16-07-11 image on the TM800hd box, all is fine except the sound stuttering on HD channels. This problem just happens randomly and only way to stop it is switch to another channel and back again. Has anyone else got this same problem, I did not get this problem on the image released on 18-5-11 which i was using before.

basilyoung
22-07-11, 02:07
cant offer much help,...but its likely to be an image problem

pooface
22-07-11, 10:35
So I have the latest 16-07-11 image on the TM800hd box, all is fine except the sound stuttering on HD channels. This problem just happens randomly and only way to stop it is switch to another channel and back again. Has anyone else got this same problem, I did not get this problem on the image released on 18-5-11 which i was using before.

Did you try all hd channels? Or just one particular?

Last night, I noticed that the AC3 output for BBC1 HD was stuttering, but switched over to ITV HD, and it was all fine :confused: I think it could've been an issue last night from the transmission?!

Larry-G
22-07-11, 11:28
Did you try all hd channels? Or just one particular?

Last night, I noticed that the AC3 output for BBC1 HD was stuttering, but switched over to ITV HD, and it was all fine :confused: I think it could've been an issue last night from the transmission?!

yeah i had the same thing happen to me on the adverts after watching Torchwood, changed channel and all was fine.

irfy
22-07-11, 13:22
Most HD channels I am on, like Sky News HD, Sky Sports HD 1/2/3/4, Discovery channels, the sound sttutter happens at random and even some times goes away by itself I've just noticed. I do think its something in the image, before the IQ image was released this problem never occurred.

tomjones82004
26-07-11, 10:57
I have noticed the same problem since upgrading to 16-07-11 image. Sound stuttering randomly and having to restart enigma sometimes to correct it if channel change don't fix it.

irfy
26-07-11, 13:09
I reverted back to the to previous image, the DW modified of 18-05-11 image, that works perfectly.

Sicilian
31-07-11, 16:49
I've been testing latest IQ and this modified image last couple of days http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9954-World-of-Satellite-IQ-CoolTV-EPG-Edition-31-07-11-lean-and-fast!&p=73315#post73315 Not had any stuttering at all. Make sure your using an up to date settings pack and up to date satellites.xml or re-scan the satellite where your getting stuttering.

Rat
31-07-11, 17:13
the stuttering is there and can get very bad at times, did you listen to the file I uploaded to Dw Sicilian ?
any channel list that had a scan from the later part of July should be fine
my last bouquet was 9th July and that was no good so done a fresh scan and is now fine :)

but lipsync is still an issue though
kids are watching Bolt on sky familyHD and they have had to flick up and down the channel twice to cure lipsync

some are lucky not to have these problems :) some are not :(

Ive started to make a log audio and video files to prove to the disbelivers that we are not making it up :)

Sicilian
31-07-11, 17:30
the stuttering is there and can get very bad at times, did you listen to the file I uploaded to Dw Sicilian ?
any channel list that had a scan from the later part of July should be fine
my last bouquet was 9th July and that was no good so done a fresh scan and is now fine :)

but lipsync is still an issue though
kids are watching Bolt on sky familyHD and they have had to flick up and down the channel twice to cure lipsync

some are lucky not to have these problems :) some are not :(

Ive started to make a log audio and video files to prove to the disbelivers that we are not making it up :)

I'm not a disbeliever m8ty, just wish I could replicate it. Had mine on HD channels all day, even left on Sky NEWS HD for hours without touching the remote or switching any channels or changing any volume and not had any issues.

Rat
31-07-11, 17:41
I didnt mean you mate :)
if you dont see the problem then it must be hard for you and others to understand :(

I have no reason what so ever to make this up and have shown an audio file fith the problem (that is now fixed) :)

I can also show a video if neded with lipsync, but Im sure you belive me lol

its frustrating mate when some have it and some dont ;)

bassethound
31-07-11, 20:56
I remember when i had my tm800 hd there were loads of people complaining about lipsync problems on the box but i never had one problem after 6 months of using the box. :p

dunk1964
16-08-11, 10:22
I have had the same problem for 2 months and its since i upgraded to 50mb on virgin, the stuttering started with the new virgin modem, virgin knows that this is due to software and are working on it. so i was wondering if anyone else is on virgin media as this is the cause for me.

pazza07
16-08-11, 10:33
I have IQ image 26/7/11 installed and there is no issue with stuttering (up to now)

Rat
17-08-11, 12:06
I dont think it all image based tbh it would be also good to know how old the receiver is :)

contact TM they will talk you through a few things to try :)

mkraush
08-12-11, 21:51
I have recently installed IQ 28.11.11 image and have the same problem with sound stuttering on most channels. Did you ever resolve the problem as it is driving me nuts?:confused: