PDA

View Full Version : How to Setup Inadyn ViX

punisher
30-06-11, 20:48
In this tutorial I will show you how to use a DynDNS account to setup Inadyn so you can use your own dns host for the receiver. This is a new feature in ViX 2.2.1

For this you will need a dyndns account, something a long the lines of xxxxxxx.dyndns.org (for the purpose of this example). If you don't have one then you can register a free one for your IP Address at

https://www.dyndns.com/account/services/hosts/add.html

Once you have your dyndns account setup, you need to enter into the Inadyn Setup which can be found by pressing Menu/Setup/System/Network

Go into Inadyn Setup and you will see the default screen with the setup below

You will need the details here that you registered when you setup your dyndns account

Your DynDNS Account Username
Your DynDNS Account Password
Your DynDNS Host Name

If you Press the Red Button "Setup" you will see the below screen where you will need to add your own account details as mentioned above

Once you have entered them Press Red "Save" and you will be shown your settings as below

Now this is important, You NEED to press Yellow "Stop" and then Yellow "Start" In order to start up Inadyn properly.

If you have set everything up correctly, press Green "Show Log" and you should see a screen similar to below with your Internet IP address as successful

And that is it, you have no successful setup your DynDNS account. I use this so I can access the box when I am not at home for FTP use or Streaming use or accessing the Web Interface. Aslong you have the relevant Ports Forwarded in your router then you can access your receiver anywhere :p

Hope you find this useful

thedoc11
07-08-11, 00:52
:Hi Wanted to know which port to forward as I want to use this on my iphone 4 so I can login like the skyplayer all your help is appreciated

punisher
07-08-11, 02:21
The default port is 80. If you go to menu/plugins/webinterface you will see what your default http port is. Use that one to forward into ur router

thedoc11
07-08-11, 09:17
Thanks you punisher for your reply do i forward this in the virtual server section in my router as you can see i am a novice i want to be able to stream the channel to my iphone 4 :)

thedoc11
07-08-11, 09:18
Sorry forgot to ask punisher, i want to be able to do this when i am away from home such as set recorings and stream video i have 10meg broardband is this possible :D

punisher
07-08-11, 10:20
Yes u need to forward it in the virtual server section of your router. You will really struggle and probably not be able to stream externally due to the fact you need a high upstream speed of about 5mb+. I have a 5meg upload and works fine but on occasions stutters so im guessin 6meg upstream shud do it. The only other thing you can do is google slingbox and have a read about that if you want to stream externally

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 09:55
This is really valuable information. Would you mind if I post this content to other forums so that other ET forum users can also be informed about the external home network streaming?

punisher
19-10-11, 10:34
Yeh i havent got an issue aslong as u can leave thanks to me hehe :p

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 14:26
Yeh i havent got an issue aslong as u can leave thanks to me hehe :p

I am currently in the process of trying it out for myself. However I am already having trouble installing the ViX image 2.2.1 on my bootloader ET9x00 (the newest one)
I inserted the USB stick onto ET9k(with the Vix image files on the root folder ET9X00) Turned off my system turned it back on. VFD recognized the image
and then I pressed ok. after flashing, it would only show the Xtrend starting page (the gateway for smart linux TV) and then it would reboot itself several times.
From here on I can't do anything but to install my Open PLI image back on to my ET. Could the new bootloader(9-29-11) be a problem? I asked around, and some ppl have told me that the
ViX image can only be supported by the previous bootloader version. Some people say that downgrading is not possible and that I need to wait for the new ViX image to be released since that
will support the newest bootloader et9x00. Link to newest bootloader et9x00. http://www.et-view.com/main.php?board=ET9000

Larry-G
19-10-11, 14:37
yes the problem is the newest bootloader you have loaded to the receiver as VIX 2.2.100 is not compatible with this bootloader. VIX 2.3 is fully compatible and will hopefully be released as soon as we can.

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 15:11
Thank you for clarifying this issue! There were some people who told me that it would be possible to install ViX image on the et9x00 bootloader, and some people said that it's not. So I was mad confused, however in terms of downgrading your bootloader on et, is that possible? If I downgrade my bootloader, then would I be able to install ViX 2.2.1? At the moment I am using the HD freaks image which has a modern and clean design and also works with et9x00 bootloader. I like it:) And one more final question: is ViX image the only image that has the Inadyn menu? once again thank you!!!

Sicilian
19-10-11, 15:15
If you do somehow manage to downgrade your bootloader, then yes, you could install ViX 2.2.1. If you do find a way please share it with us.

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 15:20
If you do somehow manage to downgrade your bootloader, then yes, you could install ViX 2.2.1. If you do find a way please share it with us.

I tried this many times today, however it won't let me install the previous version of the bootloader. Would you have any idea on how to downgrade (maybe format)? Or do we have to wait until the Vix image 2.3 gets released? :(

Sicilian
19-10-11, 15:24
I tried this many times today, however it won't let me install the previous version of the bootloader. Would you have any idea on how to downgrade (maybe format)? Or do we have to wait until the Vix image 2.3 gets released? :(

Last time, you CANT downgrade the very latest bootloader dated 29/09/11.

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 15:31
Last time, you CANT downgrade the very latest bootloader dated 29/09/11.

Hold on! I just received an e-mail. there is a way!! So let's not confirm that downgrading is impossible. It might get a little complicated and the process might be complex, however I will find out very soon and will share how this process goes.

silverfox0786
19-10-11, 15:48
give me that email mate i will try i got 2 et9ks and am happy to try as i am with sicilian on this you cant downgrade bootloader

premiumtaste
19-10-11, 16:15
give me that email mate i will try i got 2 et9ks and am happy to try as i am with sicilian on this you cant downgrade bootloader

I'd rather try it out for myself :) If I succeed I'll share, however having 2 et9ks probably won't help you with downgrading bootloader mate.

silverfox0786
19-10-11, 16:17
when i refer to having 2 that was to state in trying if i screw one up then no bother

but i am rearing to try what knolledge you have if at all it is true

Sicilian
19-10-11, 16:21
@ Premiumtaste, if you do manage this, please PM the proceedure to either myself or another member of staff for testing. I'd rather we check the proceess than risk someone bricking their receiver. Once tested and if it work we will post.

Thanks.

Larry-G
19-10-11, 16:57
I'd rather try it out for myself :) If I succeed I'll share, however having 2 et9ks probably won't help you with downgrading bootloader mate.

the point was that we have many beta testers with this receiver who are more than willing to risk damaging their receivers testing this process rather than you, your self risking yours. but as long as you understand the risks involved the ultimate decision is yours. were always willing to help as and when we can.

premiumtaste
20-10-11, 09:15
the point was that we have many beta testers with this receiver who are more than willing to risk damaging their receivers testing this process rather than you, your self risking yours. but as long as you understand the risks involved the ultimate decision is yours. were always willing to help as and when we can.

thank you for your comments and thank you for the concern that I might damage my own receiver. I understand the risks involved in it by trying this process. It might take longer than expected, however I too have more one et 9k, so if I succeed, I'll let you pheonix and sicilian know about the processes. Once again, thank you for your comments

banie01
20-10-11, 12:06
I'm having trouble getting this running correctly for me :(
Inadyn is set up correctly and the log shows a successful connection, yet when i go to in xxxxxx.dyndns.tv in my browser i get to my router log in page.
I have changed my Vu+ default port back to 80(same as router) all with no joy....
Any ideas?

punisher
20-10-11, 17:01
Are you accessing this at home?

banie01
20-10-11, 19:07
Are you accessing this at home?

I am at home, but not using my home network. Accessing it via a tablet on 3g

punisher
20-10-11, 20:34
F u followed the steps exactly then it should work as i do it countless times lol but start from the beginnin, uve created a dyndns account and set it up in Inadyn and its successfully connected.
What router do you have? Have u forwarded your http port in your router to the right IP Address of the box? If your trying it via 3g you need to put the port number at the end too, so http://xxxx.dyndns.tv:80

banie01
20-10-11, 23:51
F u followed the steps exactly then it should work as i do it countless times lol but start from the beginnin, uve created a dyndns account and set it up in Inadyn and its successfully connected.
What router do you have? Have u forwarded your http port in your router to the right IP Address of the box? If your trying it via 3g you need to put the port number at the end too, so http://xxxx.dyndns.tv:80

I'm using a POS Netopia 2247 router, I have the port forwarded correctly(I even reverted to port 80 on the Vu to match the default Http port on the router)
This modem doesn't have a virtual server menu, but I can pass through the IP so i have it set for the Vu to share the public IP and still no joy....
I just get to my router, rather than the Vu......
I think its a router issue rather than a set up problem tho....

punisher
21-10-11, 04:32
well the dydnds is obiously routing to your ip as it gets to your routers ip. go to menu/plugins/web interface and change the HTTP Port from 00080 to 00123 and then do the same in your rouuter too, forward port 123 to your box ip 192.168.x.x and then try again to access it via 3g by going to http://xxxx.dyndns.tv:123

thedoc11
28-10-11, 17:47
Hi punisher I still haven't got this running done all steps as you explained but to no avail I have got a dyndns should it be set to my network ip address or my local 192.168.0.x?? And how do I know it's setup correctly

Need help please sir

punisher
28-10-11, 18:05
you will know its setup when you see the last screenshot in the tutorial saying IP Address update successful. if you login to your dyndns account on their website, and look at your host, it should point to your WAN IP address and not the 192.168 one .... make sure once you have set it up, you stop it and then start it otherwise it wont use your new settings

thedoc11
31-10-11, 11:32
Done all the above and get a forebideen error in the web browser... What it mean??

punisher
31-10-11, 12:16
im not sure. something isnt setup right. if you go into Inadyn Setup and press blue to "Show Log" what does it say in there?

kitsuneyo
27-11-11, 23:25
Thanks for this. Do you know if it work with FreeDNS.afraid.org domains?

squig007
08-12-11, 23:24
hi punisher ive followed your instrcutions as to setting up the Inadyn ViX all good , ive logged into teh dyndns website and is hows my host and ip address , not how do i get into my virual router section, im using bthomehub and cant find it anywhere , also once ive done this exactly hoe can i stream my vu+duo to my android phone or laptop when im away on business - sorry to sound thick thanks in advance

squig007

squig007
08-12-11, 23:37
i have chnaged the port number in webinterface in the vu+duo and i think i have found in the bthomehub where to add the roter details etc but im not sure it says this :

A game or application is made up of one or more TCP/UDP port ranges. Each incoming port range can be translated into a different internal (home network) port range. Port ranges can be statically assigned to devices or dynamically assigned using an outgoing trigger

protocol - tcp or udp
port range ?
translate to ?
trigger protocol tcp or udp
trigger port ?
have i found the correct part of my router ?

squig007

punisher
08-12-11, 23:50
Im not sure the bt homehub allows access to ur network externally. I tried on my bros bthomehub and it wouldnt let me. I read a few posts on forums saying the same thing. Im not sure whether its me doin suma unless someone knows something i dont lol

squig007
09-12-11, 11:06
got these instructiosn from the internet that work but im not sure what i do to access my vu duo :

Ok this is not simple but it works. I am using the Iphone, Windows 7 and the latest BT Home Hub 2 (the black one with the telephone attached) but I assume that it applies to all handsets/computers. Here's what to do.

1. You will need to put a VNC (RealVNC; Tight VNC etc) programme on your computer. I use RealVNC but this costs money and I think Tight VNC is just the same. Hope so!

2. Now Google DynDNS and get a free DNS Host. I am using Hobby-Site.org but I'm sure they're all similar. The site will guide you through the setup.

3. Once you have these programmes on your computer you can now start on the Home Hub.

4. I have an ordinary account so no special contract is needed.

5. Open the web browser and on the top search bar type in http://192.168.1.254/ This will access the Hub.

6. Go to Settings. It will prompt for a password. Enter yours and then go to Advanced Settings. Click on the Application Sharing option.

7. Select the "Select Game or Applicaton" option and find VNC and click on it.

8. Now, in the "Device" option select the computer you wish to access. Do not select any other device that may be connected to the network such as "My I Phone" etc. This is a common error.

9. Apply the changes.

10. On the Iphone get VNC lite free from the App Store. Can't help for users of other devices.

11. On the Iphone launch VNC and go to the Menu Option to set up the connection. In the VNC Server IP address put your remote DNS host name; it will be something like jobloggs.hobby-site.org

12. VNC Server Port will be 5900

13. VNC Password speaks for itself.

14. Now try to connect.

If you have set it up properly you should now have your computer screen on the IPhone and connected externally through the Internet not locally.

The internal network local connection should not be a problem. You need only VNC on the computer and Iphone and, just on the Iphone side, need to type in the local IP address of the computer you wish to access (eg 192.156.2.60) and password to connect.

Hope this helps.

StevieP

punisher
09-12-11, 12:03
Ye i read suma similar too but i dnt understand why u have to install vnc. The bthomehub is pants lol

Markymark
28-12-11, 19:29
Stupid question I'm sure. Is there the option of free accounts on the dyndns site? Just looking and I can't see anything for a free account.

Also can I set up a static ip on the box and just access it remotely via that? Do you have to use that dreambox app or do free alternatives exist?

machare
29-12-11, 01:15
My account on
www.dyndns.com has always been free. My router supports dynamic dns, and also does port forwarding and translation.

Ducky
29-12-11, 22:16
hi

how to update with no-ip??

regards

padberwi
30-12-11, 15:05
hi

how to update with no-ip??

regards

Hi

i am also interested to know how ? tried to put : dyndns_system default@no-ip.org but doesnt work . i thought that inadyn was intented to no-ip service and dyndns client for DynDns.

Ex-TM6900
30-12-11, 23:51
that site is no longer free now *-(

punisher
31-12-11, 09:19
Dyndns is still free and always has been :o

Markymark
03-01-12, 23:30
Has anyone solved this as I'm having the same issue and was pointed in this forums direction on another post I had made.

Markymark
03-01-12, 23:33
It's the system part which seemed to be the problem when using no-ip

punisher
04-01-12, 02:53
Try these

Username: 'Your No-IP username/email'
Password: 'Your No-IP password'
Set System: Yes
System: dynupdate.no-ip.com
Alias: 'Your No-IP hostname'

BadBoy
04-01-12, 08:27
If you have an android phone I created an app to help me keep an eye on my dynamic DNS due to setup issues.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.meesa.dyndnsupdater

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Markymark
04-01-12, 18:22
Call me stupid but my system options don't have that no-ip option. I can only select from 3 of the per defined ones which none ave no-ip options.

padberwi
04-01-12, 20:54
you have to change these settings in inadyn.conf located in /etc

Markymark
05-01-12, 23:08
I made the changes in that file - however nothing seems to have changed when looking in menu - seems to have remembered the settings I entered on screen.

Markymark
08-01-12, 23:47
I really am stuck with this one. Even if you make the changes in the file to put the following line in:

dyndns_system dynupdate@no-ip.com

The on screen menu still displays the 3 options @dyndns and wont let you select this system option ive coded into the file. As a result it wont connect. Really am lost now as I dont even have those options that are displayed on screen in my file.

Markymark
09-01-12, 12:22
Anyone with any ideas on this one?

BadBoy
09-01-12, 14:04
Why not use a dyn DNS account?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

pr1s0m
09-01-12, 14:59
Been playing around with this this morning for you use:
dyndns_system default@no-ip.com

this works 100% for me

username "no-ip username"
password "no-ip password"
alias "no-ip host name"

Markymark
09-01-12, 18:11
Thanks seems to work a treat. That is a real fiddle and I think would benefit as a reference point as many are asking the same questions on the net.

punisher
09-01-12, 19:30
ill speak to the devs see what they think

EDIT:

spoke to dev and it will be added into the image :D

Markymark
09-01-12, 20:35
It's changes like this that you have to love about OS software - how it really is developed to meet the needs of the end user. :)

punisher
09-01-12, 20:38
We do everything we can to try and cater for peoples needs :D

Markymark
09-01-12, 23:23
Problem is slightly different now. Seems that the details have gone in (as we have now established). It also says that it is active on the menu, however when you press to look in the log file you get the following message:

w:INADYN: Error validating DYNDNS svr answer. Check usr,pass,hostname!

Now I know that all of the details that I have entered are correct, however it deffo isnt working when you try and connect to it via the dns name that no-ip gives you, just times out. I have checked that the firewall is port forwarding and this is in place.

Now im totally at a loss to what is causing this one.

punisher
09-01-12, 23:34
Been playing around with this this morning for you use:

this works 100% for me

username "no-ip username"
password "no-ip password"
alias "no-ip host name"

pr1s0m used those settings above and got them to work, maybe he can shed some light for the time being. But as mentioned earlier it will be added in the next update so you can try then too. Unless someone else who uses no-ip that can try those above settings to see if they can get it to work

Markymark
09-01-12, 23:38
Yeah I know - thats why I have been looking at all the elements of the setup (router, etc) Im not sure what that error message is all about really. It would be interesting to know what his log file is reading.

Like I said, it seems to activate in the menu, so that is what I thought was a little strange.

Markymark
15-01-12, 16:49
Must point out its working now - same error as before, however seems to be connected.

sivhead
18-05-12, 15:45
For info DYDNS is no longer free. You have to take out a trial of DYNDNS pro and after the trial you get to keep 1 DYDNS host. So technically it is free but you have to hand over your credit card details for the trial. However another solution is at hand
https://www.dlinkddns.com/login it uses the same back end as Dydns so no compatibility issues and its free. thought I would pass on the info.

If you do have an accout with DYDNS you will need to delete that account before creating an account with dlinkdns as it thinks the username is already taken.

sivhead
18-05-12, 16:08
For info DYDNS is no longer free. You have to take out a trial of DYNDNS pro and after the trial you get to keep 1 DYDNS host. So technically it is free but you have to hand over your credit card details for the trial. However another solution is at hand
www.www.dlinkddns.com it uses the same back end as Dydns so no compatibility issues and its free. thought I would pass on the info.

If you do have an accout with DYDNS you will need to delete that account before creating an account with dlinkdns as it thinks the username is already taken.

kunmun23
17-12-12, 22:07
I have a freedns.afraid.org account.
Have edited the /etc/inadyn.conf as follows :

# Check for a new IP every 54000 seconds (24 hours)
update_period_sec 54000

# Enter your DynDNS.com username and password here
username my-userid
password my-password

# What kind of host is being updated? Choices are dyndns@dyndns.org, statdns@dyndns.org, custom@dyndns.org
dyndns_system default@freedns.afraid.org

# The hosts you want to update (uncomment the lines below)
alias my-alias.mooo.com,my-hash-code
#alias another-dynamic-host.homeip.net

The UI seems to parse the file correctly and shows all the fields populated correctly. However, I don't see anything in the logs. I tried stopping and restarting the service but still nothing. Is there a way to test if the IP address is updated correctly (besides of course, trying to reboot the modem in an attempt to get a fresh IP)

kunmun23
17-12-12, 23:12
Ok..just observed that it does not recognize default@freedns.afraid.org as "System". I mean it shows it from the file but when I go to Menu, the System value cannot be edited. It can only be picked up from select set of values dyndns, no-ip etc but no freedns

Any ideas?

artre
24-12-12, 16:42
dear friend,
i'm following your discussion about watching dreambox tv channels in iphone4 outside home.

i'm trying to set my router (tp-link) but i cant find default gateway page (it is not that i have a very good knowledge of the field). Maybe it is under another name?
i would really appreciate any of your suggestion.

thanks.

punisher
25-12-12, 18:22
The Default Gateway for TP-Link should be 192.168.1.1

notimetochill
13-01-13, 13:04
www.www.dlinkddns.com it uses the same back end as Dydns so no compatibility issues and its free. thought I would pass on the info.

I was going to say the same thing but you already picked up on it. DynDns was free for years and I can remember using it back in day on the like of emule etc for a remote login.

Im going to try this dlink dns now and see how I get on it.

Surely everyone on here is not really paying $30 a year for a dyndns account when their are free alternatives?

punisher
13-01-13, 13:35
No i have a free accounts and even one of them i get 2 free dyndns and on the others just the 1 free dyndns

notimetochill
13-01-13, 16:03
No i have a free accounts and even one of them i get 2 free dyndns and on the others just the 1 free dyndns

When was this though? According to there website now they dont do anymore free accounts?

punisher
13-01-13, 18:24
Ive had these accounts for a couple years now, not a recent thing.

mercboy
09-03-13, 15:28
My Dyndns account is the pro version.

Those accounts are nsXXXX.dns.dyn.com 123.456.789.123

Can you help me to setup inadyn please?

I put in:
user name
user password

alias as shown above .com though not .org - Do I need to change it?

Does this matter.

My log is blank. Never shows anything. even after restarting inadyn plugin.

Could you update the screen dumps to reflect the current VIX images Inadyn plugin please?

xcase
11-03-13, 15:29
I followed the instructions but i get; checking feeds.... then just hangs with the VIX logo stuck

using solo with the VIX latest build with dlinkddns

xcase
12-03-13, 17:46
its now asking to install inadyn-mt

in which i did but i cant enter the data... it comes up blank

is there a way for me to FTP the config file?

shyless
02-04-13, 22:04
its now asking to install inadyn-mt

in which i did but i cant enter the data... it comes up blank

is there a way for me to FTP the config file?

I have the same problem did you figure this out?

mercboy
25-04-13, 18:40
Can someone help me with this please?

i have followed the instructions.

My account and account name - fine that fits in the setup on OPenvix ( latest 629)
alias - yes works
but I have an account at dns.dyn.com of the form xy1234.dns.dyn.com

I tried to enter that and it does not work.

Are you telling me I can ony use an account at dns.dyn.com?

Its a little confusing - can you help please?

RichX
27-05-13, 23:37
For over 24 hours I have been trying so hard to get InaDYN working, fail fail fail.

Please assist me. I have followed the steps above.

I am on the latest build, received box 2 days ago. I think build 668.

Please can you just shed some light - :thumbsup:

I have dyndns account , i put the details in like in first post of this thread but nothing, nothing comes up on logs, I have followed instruction step by steps, have repeated steps in excess of 30 times. Nackered!

Please assist.

finko1672
13-08-13, 07:57
Hi I,m trying to set up my box to stream externally and i set up my Inadyn Vix as in this Tutorial which was all going well,but when i go to my "show logs" theres nothing showing here.Everything esle seems to be set up.Im using my airport extreme router and not sure if I've set that up correctly.Could this be my issue?Im still very new to all this any help would be grateful?:)

escu29
16-09-13, 17:19
Hi I have the same problem that RichX have the uiltima version of openVix the 739, configure Inadyn ok but nothing I do not work if someone throws me a hand

Martincape
03-02-14, 01:42
Sounds like this feature doesn't work properly anymore. Im struggling to get this working at all.

timofee
03-02-14, 14:58
I had it working a month ago.

More details are needed from you about why it does not work for you. What box? What image? How do you know that it is not working?

Martincape
03-02-14, 16:03
Wohoo, finally got it sorted :)

Use this site to register DNS, then select np-ip.com as the system https://www.noip.com/sign-up

Ignore the fact there is nothing in the log.

Martincape
03-02-14, 16:09
Got it working now ;)

kunmun23
11-02-14, 00:12
Can you pls share how? I could never get it working

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Martincape
11-02-14, 00:21
I'll creat a how too guide of how I got it working pal

nipperlocko
01-03-15, 11:30
got this up and running within my home in no time with dreambox live, but the inadyn side is causing me problems so any help would be appreciated please, I got a free account from no-ip and then went to the inadyn set up and entered the details and I think this is where my problem lies so far, looking at the logs it says fatal error and ip needs updating, the other possible problem that I have is whether or not Iv`e done the port forwarding ok within my BT hub 5 any help please