PDA

View Full Version : How to setup picons onto usb stick ViX

punisher
28-05-11, 21:03
In this tutorial I am going to show you how to put picons onto usb stick. This is 1 of a few ways of doing this and for me this is easier than unplugging usb plugging back in etc lol

For this you need a usb stick formatted as fat32 or ext3 and the usb to be mounted correctly in device manager as media/usb
You can check if this is the case by going to Menu/Setup/ViX/Devices Manager and should look like this below;

If your usb isnt mounted correctly then press "Green" to setup mounts then highligh usb and use you left and right arrows on your remote to get to media/usb and then press "Green" to save the settings

Download your desired picon set from the link below and extract the file

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Picons

Once usb setup correctly you will need to connect via FTP into the box
For those that don't know how to setup FTP to the box then follow the first few steps of this guide to get your ftp setup

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8704-How-to-Install-CCcam-MGCamd-Others-on-Duo-Solo-Uno-ET9000-ET5000-ViX&p=64577#post64577

Once connected to your box you should see the screen below (or similar)

Go to media/usb/ and create a folder in there called picon. so it should look like the screen below

Then transfer all the images from the picon set that you downloaded into the picon folder and once complete it should look like so

Reboot the box if needed and the picons will be displayed in the info bar

If you also want the picons to be displayed in the epg then press the epg button on your remote and then menu

If using PIG (Picture in Graphics) then you will need your settings to match below;

If not using PIG (Picture in Graphics) then you will need your settings to match below;

And thats it you now have picons setup on your ViX Image :D

rob76
04-07-11, 17:29
Hi,

got all picons setup and running properly on VIX 2.1 but for some reason since VIX 2.0 I have been unable to get them displayed in the EPG. I've got all my settings as yours there but still no joy. Picons show up fine on the channel info. Any ideas?

thanks

Stanman
04-07-11, 17:54
Have you a restart after making the changes?
Also def mounted as USB and not SDA1

rob76
04-07-11, 17:56
Yes mate I've restarted a number of times since I've had this issue for a while. Also the USB drive is mounted as USB.

punisher
04-07-11, 18:11
what version of vix did u say you wer on?

rob76
04-07-11, 18:58
I'm on 2.1 now but also had this problem on 2.0

punisher
04-07-11, 19:02
Have u tried updating to 2.2 as the tutorial above was really for 2.2 but should still work with 2.1

rob76
04-07-11, 19:11
Oh I thought that was an older post. I'll leave it be for the moment then as I've got everything else running sweetly and don't wanna stir things up by upgrading.

punisher
04-07-11, 19:13
have you tried just restarting the box and seeing if that brings the picons back in the epg?

rob76
04-07-11, 19:55
Yeah mate restart didn't work. Here's a screenshot of the channel info that shows picons work there (I've changed my skin since the screenshot I posted earlier).

punisher
04-07-11, 19:58
I cant see what is wrong with the settings you posted above they seem to match what i have and the fact that ur picons show in channel infobar suggest that picons are set ok otherwise they wouldnt even show up in there. where are you picons stored anyway? also have you had a look in menu/setup/vix/devices manager and what is the devices in there mounted as?

rob76
05-07-11, 21:14
Picons are stored in /media/usb/picon and I'm attaching a screenshot of my devices...

punisher
05-07-11, 21:19
everything looks perfect mate same as mine. i really dont know what could be the problem. if in doubt u could always try a reflash of the latest image and see if that sorts it if u want. but im not too sure unless someone can see something i am missing lol

rob76
05-07-11, 21:42
ah no worries mate thanks anyway it's not too important. Must be some gremlin in the box. If I find myself a couple hours I might stick 2.2 on there.

cheers

punisher
05-07-11, 21:49
kool well let us know how it goes and ill keep seein if i can figure out whats wrong with it lol

charliesen
05-07-11, 23:12
Have you tried displaying fewer channels in the epg ? I have mine set at 5

Stanman
06-07-11, 20:43
Have you tried displaying fewer channels in the epg ? I have mine set at 5

He has, in one of the screen shots on the first page showing the vix epg menu.

Def strange behaviour.

GrinRoth
04-08-11, 09:08
I think I know what the problem may be.
I have the same problem, picons show up correct in infobar but doesn't work in guide. On my box the reason was that the picons I downloaded via menu were picons + symlinks.
Symlinks with channel nr to png files.

These don't work in epg, only in infobar.
So I think you should download a new set of picons with the channelfreqs as name.
I downloaded a picon with channelfreq as name instead of symlink and that's the only one showing up in epg. So, on the hunt for a nice piconset now :)

punisher
04-08-11, 09:14
Theres the new vix alice picon set which are nice, also sgt flipflop picon set too and licher picons all work great for me, just download to pc and transfer to usb