PDA

View Full Version : How to Install CCcam/MGCamd/Others on ViX image GiGablue, Technomate, Venton, VU+

punisher
28-05-11, 12:15
How to Install CCcam/MGCamd/Others on Duo/Solo/Uno/ET9000/ET5000

In this example im going to show how to Install CCcam 2.2.1 on the ViX Image
You need access to FTP and CCcam 2.2.1 (or whichever version you prefer) ipk file and your CCcam.cfg file (your details go in here)

I use FlashFXP (Filezilla is a great free one too) and below is how I have configured mine, you will need to do the same for yours

You need your boxs IP Address/Host Name, Username and Pass in order to connect to your box

As you can see my IP Address/Host Name is xxxxx.dyndns.org or i could have entered 192.168.x.12
my username is root (that is default)
my password is xxxxxxxxx (default password is blank or password or dreambox)

once you have saved and connected to the box you should get access to the root of your box and should look like the right hand window of the below screenshot

Download your Cam from

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

or

http://www.4shared.com/dir/wnyHV50A/VIX_CAMS.html

Im after CCcam 2.2.1 which is enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel
Once downloaded you need to transfer the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file into the /tmp folder on the box like below

Then transfer your CCcam.cfg file into the /etc/ folder

now go to your box and press Menu/Setup/System/VIX/Install Local Extension and you should have enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file in there

Press "Green" button to install and once completed it will ask for a "Gui Restart". Press OK and wait for box to come back on
Once the box is on press Menu/Setup/Softcam / CI/Softcam Manager and in there if you have done everything correctly you should see CCcam 2.2.1

Press "Green" to start CCcam 2.2.1 and it should now be active like below

Finally Press "Blue" to enable Auto Start and you are now ready and setup with CCcam 2.2.1

Hope you guys find this tutorial helpful any questions dont hesitate to ask in here

bassethound
28-05-11, 14:12
Great tutorial punisher im going to make this a sticky :thumbsup:

johno
28-05-11, 15:01
thankyou topman ;)

johno

punisher
29-05-11, 16:44
no probz guys thought it might come handy for people

notanotherone
29-05-11, 19:04
no probz guys thought it might come handy for people

why did you look at me when you wrote this :roflmao:

nice post mate much appreciated i can assure you

punisher
29-05-11, 19:06
lmao no lookin in any directions :p just pointin ^^^^^^^^

gothicpsyko
30-05-11, 07:15
Hi folks!
Im noob and had a dvb 500 before where i used mgcamd 1.35a
For my needs i have to get this cam work. now i use the newest ccam 2.2.1 and yes it works! but not god enough for my needs!
i have installed mgcamd 1.35a downloaded from4shared!
First i had it installed and almost every location i put my newcamd.list, newcamd.cfg, mgcam.list, mgcam.cfg"i tryed many names" it will not start and say i had to put my config in var/keys
At least i found some other files the mgcam needs, havent found it here in the forum. files like the mg_cfg.fil and some others! now im so long that the mgcam will start! but now a new error is showing up!
Cannot parse the emu.
i use the newst vix image.
i there anyone who use a mgcamd 1.35a and can give me an step by step tutorial what to install, where to place which files, what the files should be named and so on! i have tryed for days and cannot get it to work!
im a noob, on my dvb 500 i had to install the mgcamd and then just too place my newcamd list file ! why is this so complicated on my vu+ duo

Thx for help allready jet!

Alias1
30-05-11, 08:02
Binary /usr/softcams
/etc/keys/ mg_cfg and newcamd.list

gothicpsyko
30-05-11, 09:05
ok i will try that
what are the binary files ?
mg_cfg i have nad newcamd.list i have

Larry-G
30-05-11, 09:08
binary files are the .bin files.
if you installed the cam from the 4shared ipk files you should not need to worry about that as it should already be in the correct place.

punisher
30-05-11, 21:08
Sorry i forgot to mention about mgcamd .... the cam is installed the same way as above but the config files mg_cfg and newcamd.list go into /var/keys/

TK4|2|1
31-05-11, 08:27
complete noob question, where do i get cccam.cfg file from?

punisher
31-05-11, 09:13
Create 1 using notepad and save it as CCcam.cfg not CCcam.cfg.txt make sure the extension is .cfg

TK4|2|1
31-05-11, 18:27
Thanks, I am completely new to Linux and was setting up an et9000 for a customer, all went fine and straight forward.
Suppose I should say hi as well. Lol.

punisher
31-05-11, 18:53
Glad u sorted mate and welcome to the forum :p

joerogangolf
31-05-11, 22:25
hi there again, been getting better at this, had a few problems over the past few weeks, but am getting there thanks to you guys. great post easy explained instructions. but keep getting this message (no config files found please setup cccam first in/etc/cccam.cfg) for a breif period it shows it is running but just stops showing in the softcam seetup active banner. am doing every thing you say to the letter. when it is active no channels open though. entered my cline in notepad as it should be on one line,as it should be and saved as save as, and changed drop down box to all files.

punisher
31-05-11, 23:45
Do you have to keep activating it via the softcam manager? Also do you have to keep placing a copy of CCcam.cfg in /etc/ everytime it turns off?

Alias1
01-06-11, 00:22
hi there again, been getting better at this, had a few problems over the past few weeks, but am getting there thanks to you guys. great post easy explained instructions. but keep getting this message (no config files found please setup cccam first in/etc/cccam.cfg) for a breif period it shows it is running but just stops showing in the softcam seetup active banner. am doing every thing you say to the letter. when it is active no channels open though. entered my cline in notepad as it should be on one line,as it should be and saved as save as, and changed drop down box to all files.
A c Line in the CCcam.cfg suggests card sharing and that is a no no here
FYI use crimson editor for making the files as its unix compatible

ESM
11-06-11, 20:58
what a shame that in 2.2 this doesn´t seem to work.. I have tried it several times and end up with no cams to select :(

punisher
11-06-11, 21:09
what a shame that in 2.2 this doesn´t seem to work.. I have tried it several times and end up with no cams to select :(

This tutorial was done in vix 2.2. did you get the cam file show up in the IPK installer?

ESM
11-06-11, 21:30
yes, from there the install, ok when asked and nothing in the end. Mgcamd did it in one time. And the cccam came also from the website stated here.

EDIT: After the mgcamd file the install of cccam also worked. Beats me.

punisher
11-06-11, 21:31
Which version of cccam did u try?

ESM
11-06-11, 21:42
2.2.1, the latest

punisher
11-06-11, 22:33
Strange that. Try downloadin one of the other versions see if that shows up or not after install

Larry-G
11-06-11, 22:53
CCcam 2.2.1 works perfectly with VIX 2.2 i am using it now.

superduperstriker
11-06-11, 23:24
Silly question but

whats the difference between enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel and enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1.1_0-r0_mipsel?

punisher
12-06-11, 10:22
Im not too sure but i use enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel

Stanman
12-06-11, 14:00
It doesnt make any difference, and don't know why there are two. I have used both and it worked fine.

easy
12-06-11, 21:08
Hi,
Can you tell what version of mgcamd to installed with the VIX image please...regards.

bassethound
12-06-11, 22:24
Use this one enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk from the link in post below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

ESM
13-06-11, 15:17
I today did another Vu of a neighbour and there the same problem with the cccam 2.2.1 file that is on the server: it installs but does not turn up in the softcam section. First I had to install again another cam but then still no 2.2.1, he now has 2.1.4 because that one did turn up. I find it all kind of strange.

punisher
13-06-11, 15:23
im so suprised this is happening as loads of use cccam 2.2.1 file from the link in this post over and over again, I must have used it about 20 times lol and has never failed me once. I use Firefox 5 as my browser and flashfxp as my ftp and has never failed me once

ESM
13-06-11, 17:52
I don't understand it either, but it does.

For the fun of it (sick :)) I will install VIX all over again om ny Vu, with the cccam as first to install afterwards.

punisher
13-06-11, 17:55
try another browser, maybe the ipk is gettin corrupt during download ... i know its a long shot but i guess there not much else you can try but give it a go, use a different browser, download the file and transfer and install again see if that makes any difference

trapex
14-06-11, 13:04
Does anyone else have the same problem as me with Mgcamd not restarting after standby? I also after restart it if I watch a FTA channel for a long period of time and then switch to a paid channel. It's doing my head in CCCam works fine but this Mgcamd doesn't.

I'm using Mgcamd 1.35a and is working fine apart from the restart issue...can anyone help?

Thanks

ESM
14-06-11, 17:48
The solution is here: http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7858-mgcamd-autostart-does-not-work.

easy
14-06-11, 23:32
Thanks......

Use this one enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk from the link in post below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?5921-Cams-for-ViX-Team-images

Myrrdin
17-06-11, 18:05
I am totally new to all this, but have been forced to reinstall VIX on my ET9000.
The setup use MGcamd and I have updated the image to 2.2 and successfully innstalled enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk
I am also using my old newcamd.list in the right folder.

The problem is that I don't have a MG_cfg file to use!

Please advise how to get one, either where to download it or make one.
If I need to make one, I would be glad for an easy step-by-step guide:)

thfccambs
14-07-11, 20:15
Ok just loaded latest VIX image and now trying to load CCcam.

Problem being when i open DCC i don't seem to have a /tmp folder?

How do i get around this please?

Donnie
14-07-11, 20:24
With DCC right click and add a new folder and name it tmp, its that easy

thfccambs
14-07-11, 20:41
With DCC right click and add a new folder and name it tmp, its that easy

Donnie just as i thought, but it just doesn't appear there. even tried making a folder tmp on desktop
and FTP it.

Get cant create dictonary tmp.

This is now doing me head in.

Thanks for reply mate

Donnie
14-07-11, 20:48
Try using a different ftp prog, I use winscp which you can find for free.
It will show any hidden directories.

thfccambs
14-07-11, 21:12
Think im getting somewhere lol
Got there in end, had a folder in there that wouldn't let me add tmp
folder, deleted it and then it was fine.

All up and running now thanks

pooface
15-07-11, 05:48
The tmp folder is a symlink to /var/volatile/tmp ;)

Sent with Tapatalk

Alanp
15-07-11, 07:19
Sorry entered in error

thfccambs
16-07-11, 16:15
That was the one mate.

The tmp folder is a symlink to /var/volatile/tmp ;)

Sent with Tapatalk

blinkerd
10-08-11, 12:16
:cool: cheers

LFN
10-08-11, 19:57
Create 1 using notepad and save it as CCcam.cfg not CCcam.cfg.txt make sure the extension is .cfg

Stupid question, but is it an empty notepad document I should save? Or should it be any text in it?

punisher
10-08-11, 20:00
well if you want to view premium channels etc etc it should have your details in for viewing...thats as much as i can say as per the rules of the forum :p

LFN
10-08-11, 20:44
well if you want to view premium channels etc etc it should have your details in for viewing...thats as much as i can say as per the rules of the forum :p

I want picture on the channels I´m paying for (legally). Swedish operator "Canal Digital".
Right now there is only black screen without this .cfg file.

mark10
29-08-11, 00:40
Sorry, but I fail to start, continue reading pen and do nothing:(

copex
29-08-11, 07:22
I want picture on the channels I´m paying for (legally). Swedish operator "Canal Digital".
Right now there is only black screen without this .cfg file.

mine is just a blank text file, renamed to CCcam.cfg and it read my card, start cccam hit the blue button and check ccam info you should see the status of the card reader.
if it dose not work try oscam you nead a config file but with the correct card info http://goo.gl/wDbnJ

halus61
04-09-11, 21:21
thankyou merci

drspiros
13-09-11, 21:21
mgcamd keys go to var/keys folder or etc/keys one? thx

parkher
14-09-11, 13:22
Donnie just as i thought, but it just doesn't appear there. even tried making a folder tmp on desktop
and FTP it.

Get cant create dictonary tmp.

I use FAR and its ftp plugin, works fine.
You can create tmp in other ways too:
- map Vu+/ET as a network drive on your pc
- connect via telnet and create the folder.

But tmp folder is not really needed. You can place ipk files somewhere else.
The thing is - you have to correctly enter the path to it when installing.
Better still - change directory to the folder where ipk file is located and then install.

I mean, if you are connected via telnet:

ipkg install /tmp_or_some_other_folder/something_you_want_to_install.ipk

or go to that folder first, and when it becomes the current folder, then simply:

ipkg install something_you_want_to_install.ipk

To people who have problems with installing with the colour buttons: install manually and see if there are any error messages during installation.

goldenhawk
05-10-11, 00:46
hey guys, could anyone please tell me why i can't see the Menu/Setup/System/VIX/enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk???

What did i do wrong???

Thanks in return

Larry-G
05-10-11, 00:50
if your trying to manually install the .IPK file just do it this way.

Blue button > ViX > install local extension

you should see the .ipk file there and be able to install it. remember though you will need to either FTP over a CCcam.cfg file to ETC/ on your receiver or make one and put it there.

but we cant go into too much details on how to set up the configuration files due to the site rules.

also once the cam has been installed go to Blue button > softcam manager and start the cam and enable the autostart option.

mudder
06-10-11, 18:34
Once downloaded you need to transfer the enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.2.1_1.0-r0_mipsel.ipk file into the /tmp folder on the box like below

Then transfer your CCcam.cfg file into the /etc/ folder

I don't really get this? Why do you firt put the file in the temp földer and then move it to the etc folder?
Is'n it the same thing if I put the file in the etc folder right away?

I Got my Canal digital Conax card working, but sometimes i get an anoying bugreport on the screen. Maybee I did something wrong?:confused:

Larry-G
06-10-11, 18:45
I don't really get this? Why do you firt put the file in the temp földer and then move it to the etc folder?
Is'n it the same thing if I put the file in the etc folder right away?

I Got my Canal digital Conax card working, but sometimes i get an anoying bugreport on the screen. Maybee I did something wrong?:confused:

The .ipk file is the installer file for CCcam this goes into the TMP folder so that you can physically install it to the receiver in the same way you would use a .exe file to install a program on a windows system. The CCcam.cfg file is a configuration file the cam needs so that it knows what to do, this is the file you copy to the /etc folder.

davexb
31-03-12, 12:14
I cannot thank you enough - I am a complete newbie and this is all new - you have relieved me of considerable frustration CHeers

punisher
31-03-12, 12:17
No problems mate. Thats what these tutorials are there for. More tutorials if you look in my signature

phil43
28-05-12, 12:03
I am only starting out myself so all this info is very much apprciated.

dbmx
10-10-12, 00:58
hi i followed the tutorial to the letter when it getts to the part when you go to softcam manager there is no cam.where am i going wrong.

s1m0nw
10-10-12, 07:17
Dis restart gui? I just put my cam on mines last bite n worked a treat

dbmx
10-10-12, 09:43
yes:confused:

ptoni
15-10-12, 19:12
I have just purchased new Duo and flashed with latest Vix image (openvix-3.0.339). I have also downloaded TS panel v6.5 and am now trying to install MgCamd v1.38 but it does not seem to install or download from Ts Panel. There is nothing the in the Softcam Manager. What am I doing wrong?

Really appreciate some advice.

Mr. Mister
15-10-12, 19:45
TSpanel is nothing to do with Vix..

Install the MGcamd 1.35a ipk file from the 4shared site.. ( Do a search on this site ) for ( 4shared softcams )..

FTP MGcamd 1.35a ipk file to tmp..
go to : Blue Button > Vix > Install local extention
Follow onscreen instruction..
Restart GUI when asked..
Wait for GUI restart to finish..
Go to Blue Button > Softcam Manager > and start the softcam..

ptoni
15-10-12, 21:12
Thanks for this advice.

Have been trying to access the 4shared site for 2 days but this site seems to be down. Is there another site where I can access the MGcamd 1.35a ipk file?

ptoni
16-10-12, 19:45
Thanks for this advice.

Have been trying to access the 4shared site for 2 days but this site seems to be down. Is there another site where I can access the MGcamd 1.35a ipk file?

OK, finally got access to the 4shared site.

Is the file called "mgcamd 1.35a 1.0 r3 mipsel ipk" or is it bettter to use "mgcamd 1.38 + files.rar" which contains three files (enigma2-plugin-cams-Mgcamd_1.38-ViX.ipk, mg.-cfg and newcamd.list). Please advice which of these mgcamd files works best.

Many Thanks

Mr. Mister
16-10-12, 19:50
Do NOT use the 1.38..

It does not work properly..

You will get glitch and freeze after it has been running for a few hours..

Like i said in my post.. Use 1.35a..

copex
16-10-12, 20:20
Do NOT use the 1.38..

It does not work properly..

You will get glitch and freeze after it has been running for a few hours..

Like i said in my post.. Use 1.35a..

i run 1.38 and never get glitch's or freezing!! it work 100% 100% of the time.........

1.38 is a patched version of 1.35a, most people dont even know what the patch dose, so if you dont know what the patch dose then use 1.35a you are not missing out.

robelind
14-02-13, 16:49
Hi guys.

Having trouble getting MgCamd to work in my Gigablue Quad, using the VIX image.
I've installed it as per the instructions and put mg_cfg and newcamd.list in /var/keys (These are the exact same files I used in my DM800 and it worked fine), but I get no picture (I get picture for FTA channels).
Starting MgCamd from telnet shows that it's getting ECM's from the card just fine, but still no picture?!?!
What to do?

copex
15-02-13, 10:24
check B: is 06 in the mg_cfg

robelind
15-02-13, 10:55
That did it! Thanks so much, man!

Darrellr
23-05-13, 16:32
I've just received my Gigablue Quad and flashed OpenVix latest on 3.0 / 668. I've downloaded the appropriate OSCAM ipk and installed and tweaked for my settings.

All seems fine, the status page shows my card responding to key requests within 100ms as it has on my previous receiver but .... no picture is appearing! Any idea what's wrong? Unencrypted channels appear fine.

copex
25-05-13, 09:42
I've just received my Gigablue Quad and flashed OpenVix latest on 3.0 / 668. I've downloaded the appropriate OSCAM ipk and installed and tweaked for my settings.

All seems fine, the status page shows my card responding to key requests within 100ms as it has on my previous receiver but .... no picture is appearing! Any idea what's wrong? Unencrypted channels appear fine.

have you installed mgcam? or enabled dvbapi in oscam? if uyou are using mgcam check the box type. or post the cfg files (keeping in mind card sharing even on local lan is not allowed.)

joysleep1
15-06-13, 17:59
I must read the forum rules

duoduo
15-06-13, 18:12
Yes mate, this is not a card Sharing friendly forum so please bear that in mind.

popss
17-07-13, 18:09
Am running vix 3.0 build 698 kernal 3.3.8 on a solo2 I am having cam problems in that when I move from one channel to another at times I have to restart the cam once or sometimes twice been having this now for a couple weeks, same thing on other images.
This only started a couple weks ago then never had a problem.
Mgcamd 1.35a and have tried 1.38 just the same.e

abu baniaz
17-07-13, 19:42
Am running vix 3.0 build 698 kernal 3.3.8 on a solo2 I am having cam problems in that when I move from one channel to another at times I have to restart the cam once or sometimes twice been having this now for a couple weeks, same thing on other images.
This only started a couple weks ago then never had a problem.
Mgcamd 1.35a and have tried 1.38 just the same.e
Use this config file
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24555-original-vu-duo&p=182712&viewfull=1#post182712

ILM16
27-09-13, 10:23
I added the IPK in to the temp folder, but it doesn't show up in 'install local extension'

Using a GiGaBlue SE

Edit: had to rename the IPK file.

Robinson
27-09-13, 12:31
Can anyone please help with a link to one of the latest versions of oscam_ymod (preferably 46 or 48) ipk for OpenVIX?
Thank you.

cactikid
06-10-13, 18:23
here ya go.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ViX-Softcams/

shazmart
06-10-13, 23:32
im not getting anywhere, i don't see the folders listed
Binary /usr/softcams
/etc/keys/ mg_cfg and newcamd.list
there is no user in the bin foder and no softcam folder do i need to create these
should newcam begin with D: or CWS=
thanks for your help

judge
07-10-13, 00:16
We're not going to help you set up CWS lines here...
But, if you aren't seeing a /usr/softcams/ folder via FTP, either you have a corrupt install or you're not using ViX.
All compatible ViX cams are linked in the post above yours, please try one of those.

cactikid
07-10-13, 00:57
did you follow post 1 as that is by pc and the program i use is filezilla,one of those folders is collapsed and opens further to reveal different sections;)

TheOne38
29-11-13, 22:06
Hi All

total newbie here and a bit stuck

so I have followed the guide and installed the ipk in tmp folder.

stuck at the point where it states "Then transfer your CCcam.cfg file into the /etc/ folder"

where do I find the CCcam.cfg file?

Reading through the thread someone mentions saving something on notepad as cfg file?

Does this mean I literally just open the ipk file as a notepad program and save file as enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.CCcam.cfg ??

Sorry probably being stupid but confused.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

judge
29-11-13, 22:08
No, you create your own text file called CCcam.cfg & copy that to /etc/

duoduo
29-11-13, 22:09
It's notepad ++ you create this file in

TheOne38
29-11-13, 22:27
Thanks Judge...so to be clear, literally all I do is create a new blank notepad document on the pc save it as CCcam.cfg and transfer to etc folder?!

judge
29-11-13, 22:36
for the most basic set-up, yes.
there are a few extra steps if you need to decode premium content such as movies & sports.

TheOne38
29-11-13, 22:37
Ok. Thank you very much for your help.

simon 123
20-01-14, 17:06
i have just bought a technomate tn-nano-2t, and have no idea how to add a MGCamd to it? can help me

Martincape
20-01-14, 17:44
I'm having trouble with the cccam.cfg file.

I've followed the instructions to te letter. Install cccam 2.3.0, and copied cccam.cfg to the etc folder. When I try to start cccam it says there is no cfg file. What's wrong?

seame
20-01-14, 17:48
Make sure its named CCcam.cfg and not cccam.cfg

Martincape
20-01-14, 20:23
I got it sorted. I has to save the file as CCcam, then right click on the file and rename to CCcam.cfg.

For some reason, saving directly from Notepad++ as CCcam.cfg, the box didn't recognise the file.

scottd83
23-01-14, 11:03
I'm a newbie and really struggling to add the cccam can someone please help! getting really fed up trying with no luck

garyblas
23-01-14, 11:10
Make sure named correct as above and FTP to etc folder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottd83
23-01-14, 11:21
Make sure named correct as above and FTP to etc folder

I've downloaded filezilla just can't understand the process need step by step :( I'd even pay for someone to help

garyblas
23-01-14, 13:29
No need to pay. In FileZilla type in your box IP address. Host name is root. Leave password blank. And port 21 if I remember correctly. Then press connect

scottd83
23-01-14, 15:19
No need to pay. In FileZilla type in your box IP address. Host name is root. Leave password blank. And port 21 if I remember correctly. Then press connect

Yes I've added the CCcam pluggin now just need to no how to get my cccam provider working :( ??

seame
23-01-14, 15:27
Ask your provider

scottd83
23-01-14, 16:10
Ask your provider

He sent me the guide lol it's showing his server on cccam info but not working :( someone help please

seame
23-01-14, 16:13
He sent me the guide lol it's showing his server on cccam info but not working :( someone help please

Read the forum rules

scottd83
23-01-14, 16:40
Apologies if I've broken rules....just been at this all day and still no luck :(

scottd83
23-01-14, 17:56
Can someone help with a channel list? Sorted the other problem :) thanks for the guide.

garyblas
23-01-14, 18:38
Run abm

blib
31-01-14, 15:09
Sorry a noob question.Do I just create the two files called mg_cfg and newcamd.list and put them in /var/keys.Does there have to be anything in them when I create them.

abu baniaz
31-01-14, 19:02
Sorry a noob question.Do I just create the two files called mg_cfg and newcamd.list and put them in /var/keys.Does there have to be anything in them when I create them.
See this post.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24555-original-vu-duo&p=182712#post182712

meklec
31-01-14, 19:34
if you need help message me and i take you tho it

blib
05-02-14, 22:08
Just worked out that I should have opened the folder and put the files contained in the folder to var/keys.I was putting the whole directory in.Hope that helps anybody else.

snootyfox
10-03-14, 12:29
Many thanks for the guide punisher. As a newbie, could you please tell me which Cam I need to download from the list for my new Solo2 with vix image. Do I set the channel list up before I install the NCcam?:confused:

Larry-G
10-03-14, 12:52
The cam you choose depends on your setup and the card you want to use with it, for sky uk you can use a variety of cams such as Oscam, CCcam or Mgcamd just to name a few.

personally i always setup my channel list's first before setting up the cam