PDA

View Full Version : ET9000 with Diseqc switch and motor?

machare
21-07-11, 13:59
If I connect at ET9000:
LNB Port 1: Diseqc 1.0 switch with satellites A, B, C, and D
LNB Port 2: Diseqc 1.2 motor with satellites A, B, C, D, E, F.....

If I just watch or record a programme on satellite A, will it use Port 1?

If I just watch or record a programme on satellite F, will it automatically use Port 2?

If port 1 is in use will port 2 be used as needed?

If port 2 is in use, will port 1 be used if satellites A,B,C or D are requested, and a warning appear if satllite F is requested?

Is such an arrangement practical are there any benefits to be had from having the same arrangements for Ports 1 and 2? e.g by having two DiSEqC 1.1 switches?

Sicilian
21-07-11, 14:10

Using ViX image or Openpli you set a tuner priority in Setup > System > Customize.

If I just watch or record a programme on satellite F, will it automatically use Port 2?

Yes.

Yes.

If port 2 is in use, will port 1 be used if satellites A,B,C or D are requested, and a warning appear if satllite F is requested?

Yes it should.

Is such an arrangement practical are there any benefits to be had from having the same arrangements for Ports 1 and 2? e.g by having two DiSEqC 1.1 switches?

Tuner A should work well and get fast satellite switching.

I'd recommend settings Tuner A as Diseqc ABCD and use a Diseqc motor set to USALS on Tuner B for ease of use.

slasher71
27-07-11, 12:49
If I connect at ET9000:
LNB Port 1: Diseqc 1.0 switch with satellites A, B, C, and D
LNB Port 2: Diseqc 1.2 motor with satellites A, B, C, D, E, F.....

I've been thinking of doing this myself :) Can I ask what is the postion arrangement of the LNBs (eg are you centered at 19.2e & are able to watch 13e & 28.2)

machare
27-07-11, 13:21
I have a Wave Frontier T90 (bought 3 years ago in Switzerland for about £100) with LNBs for 28.2e; 19.2e; 13e and 5w. At that time I was getting about 2 Swiss francs to the pound. I bought the dish home on my car's roof rack.

The dish is centred on 12e! I also have a motorised Triax T88

I have two cables from the T90 going to a bedroom where I have a Humax HDR. This works but I dislike the HDR because of the need to switch modes between Freesat and Non Freesat.

I have one cable from the T90 and one cable from the T88 going the my sitting room. The T88 cable is connected to a Technomate TM5500DAPCI.

I have recently bought a new TV which does HD. My plan is to replace the Technomate, as this does not support HD and the analogue channels which it can receive, will be discontinued in the near future. I am thinking of getting at ET9000.

The proposed arrangement should allow me to receive TF1 SD from 9e where it is FTA (at the moment) but broadcast using DVB-S2,

slasher71
27-07-11, 14:03
I have a Wave Frontier T90 (bought 3 years ago in Switzerland for about £100) with LNBs for 28.2e; 19.2e; 13e and 5w. At that time I was getting about 2 Swiss francs to the pound. I bought the dish home on my car's roof rack.

The dish is centred on 12e! I also have a motorised Triax T88

I have two cables from the T90 going to a bedroom where I have a Humax HDR. This works but I dislike the HDR because of the need to switch modes between Freesat and Non Freesat.

I have one cable from the T90 and one cable from the T88 going the my sitting room. The T88 cable is connected to a Technomate TM5500DAPCI.

I have recently bought a new TV which does HD. My plan is to replace the Technomate, as this does not support HD and the analogue channels which it can receive, will be discontinued in the near future. I am thinking of getting at ET9000.

The proposed arrangement should allow me to receive TF1 SD from 9e where it is FTA (at the moment) but broadcast using DVB-S2,

Thanks for the info (will you be/are you) using 2 switches ?

machare
27-07-11, 18:25
There are 3 Diseqc 1.0 switches associated with the T90 dish. Two switches are connected to the Humax HDR. The third is not used at the moment, but will be connected to the ET9000.

I did consider using EMP-Centauri Diseqc 1.1 / 1.2 switches. This would have allowed me to have more LNBs on the T90.