PDA

View Full Version : TM-5402 HD - EPG Population

mcquaim
21-07-11, 12:23
Hi folks,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I was wondering how I can get the EPG to populate for more data than now/next that updates when you are on a channel?

I have come across this detail:
1-7 days EPG(28e UK)
a- turn on stb
b- move to 11778 on Astra2
c- wait for a minute
d- move to other channels

What exactly is 11778, a frequency? How can I get the 5402 to go to a specific frequency? What does point d mean? Repeat for each channel I want EPG for?

If I get this to work will it populate the EPG with 7 days EPG data for every channel scanned?

Thanks for the help,
mcquaim

mcquaim
26-07-11, 21:52
Any ideas anyone??

basilyoung
26-07-11, 22:13
I do not know this unit,..but suspect you are looking for the "hip hop" channel, which is a radio channel, if left on this channel for an hour or so...it will pick up the epg data for 28 east

mcquaim
26-07-11, 22:18
Cheers man, so I need to find this radio channel then.. I will give it a bash and report back!

GaseousClay
27-07-11, 16:24
Your best bet is, while locked onto 28 east press the radio/tv button, to get the radio channels, and then press the ok button. Now press the yellow button for TP and then scroll down to 11778 or the nearest frequency listed, to the side will be the channels available at this frequency. Scroll across to the one called 'IEPG data1' and press ok twice. Now press the epg button on the remote and wait about 1 minute, after exit from all previous and get back to the TV output, press epg button and all data should be available.

jsansom
27-07-11, 16:27
Hi, the easiest way (took me ages to find the solution as well) is to go on the 7 day epg download channel normally this is found on the last channel under the different categories i.e. hd channels sports etc. choose this channel and then press the audio button (the button directly under the red button on the remote)
The epg will then load up give it 10 minutes and that’s it.
Hope this helps
Regards
J

mcquaim
27-07-11, 16:28
Cheers man, thats a great help, I'll try it later!

mcquaim
13-08-11, 14:42
Hi lads,

Thanks for the help on this, it works a treat..

One question though, the EPG only exists while the box is powered on. If I power off and back on again then I have to repeat the process..

Anyone know of a way to keep the EPG even after the box is powered off?