PDA

View Full Version : Record light is always lit on display

bub
20-07-11, 21:52
Ive just had my Vu+Duo for a couple of days and am really happy with the box and the Vix image.
Just a couple of niggles with the image, firstly I can never git rid of the black borders when movies are on. I have tried all the resolution settings, pan scan, just scale but all movies play with borders on my widescreen tv. When I Just scaled on my DM800 the borders were removed.
On the Vu display (on the box itself) the record light is always lit even though I am not recording, is this a bug?

thanks
bub

basilyoung
20-07-11, 22:42
what image are you using, and is it fully updated?

the record light, could it be that you have permanant time shift runnig ( real time tv ) or you are streaming to a pc, via the web interface

Mr. Mister
20-07-11, 23:31
could it be that you have permanant time shift runnig

Thats exactly what it is Basil.. I also had this problem.. and as soon as i disabled the permanent timeshift.. Problem solved..

Sicilian
21-07-11, 05:49
To turn off PTS Menu > Setup > Timeshift Settings.

bub
21-07-11, 08:02
Thanks for replies, it was Timeshift that was causing the issue so thats sorted now. Is there a way of removing the black borders in movies? I have tried all the stretch settings in the AV menu?

Thanks

Bub

punisher
21-07-11, 09:57
Have u tried adjusting the tvs display menu and seeing if that works?

bub
21-07-11, 10:55
yes that does work but it seems the VU adjusts its borders automatically for all channels but not the movie channels

thanks for reply

bub

rob76
21-07-11, 14:05
At the risk of being silly...what's the difference between Timeshift and Permanent Timeshift?

Stanman
21-07-11, 18:34
Timeshift = you activate via the pause button and will stop if you change channels
PTS - on all the time and will record even if you change channels.