PDA

View Full Version : More questions about the ET9000

machare
19-07-11, 20:38
I am thinking of getting an ET9000, running the VIX image, and would be gratefull for answers to the following questions:

AIUI you can fit 3.5" Sata disk drive to the ET9000. Is there a limit on the size? Will the ET9000 accept a 2TB disk?

Suppose on Monday I create a timer to record a programme on Friday. What happens if there is a power cut on Wednesday? Does the ET9000 know the time after a power cut? (It has a battery ! :-) Or can the unit be set to automatically power on after a power cut?

Can I configure the ET9000 so that timers are automatically created for say a programme called 'The Sky at Night' without any further intervention?

Can I ensure that timers are created and programmes recorded if the ET9000 is left in standby for a period of say 3 weeks and may suffer the occasional power cut?

When the Playlist button is pressed, what list is displayed? Could this be the favourites list, or a particular favouties list if there are more than one?

How are channel numbers assigned?

When the Guide (epg) button is pressed, what channels are shown? Can the display be restricted to the favourites list?

When P+ and P- are pressed is the next channel chosen from the favouties list , or from all scanned channels as stated in the manual?

Can the sequence of the channels in the favourites list be changed by moving channels up and down?

What backups can and should be made prior to a firmware upgrade?

Does a firmware (image) upgrade destroy existing settings?

Thanks in advance:attention:

Stanman
19-07-11, 20:52
I am thinking of getting an ET9000, running the VIX image, and would be gratefull for answers to the following questions:

AIUI you can fit 3.5" Sata disk drive to the ET9000. Is there a limit on the size? Will the ET9000 accept a 2TB disk?Yes, have a look at the HDD thread

Suppose on Monday I create a timer to record a programme on Friday. What happens if there is a power cut on Wednesday? Does the ET9000 know the time after a power cut? (It has a battery ! :-) Or can the unit be set to automatically power on after a power cut?Yes, as soon as it powers back up, the system will reset the time correctly

Can I configure the ET9000 so that timers are automatically created for say a programme called 'The Sky at Night' without any further intervention?With VIX yes, autotimer plugin is preinstalled, other images you will need to integrate the plugin

Can I ensure that timers are created and programmes recorded if the ET9000 is left in standby for a period of say 3 weeks and may suffer the occasional power cut?Yes, as long as the EPG gets updated, the box will create the AT

When the Playlist button is pressed, what list is displayed? Could this be the favourites list, or a particular favouties list if there are more than one?Playlist with VIX brings up the recorded programmes

How are channel numbers assigned?It depends on the boquets used ie if you add C4 as the first channel it will be 1 otherwise you can use one of the bouqets created by many of the people offering their time for free. For SKY UK I recommend Silverfoxes settings

When the Guide (epg) button is pressed, what channels are shown? Can the display be restricted to the favourites list?Normally the ones you are watching and the 3/4 around it. You may be able to customise it in the menu buttom - need to be in guide and than press menu

When P+ and P- are pressed is the next channel chosen from the favouties list , or from all scanned channels as stated in the manual?No idea

Can the sequence of the channels in the favourites list be changed by moving channels up and down?Yes

What backups can and should be made prior to a firmware upgrade? Your settings - backup utility in VIX

Does a firmware (image) upgrade destroy existing settings?Yes

Thanks in advance:attention:

I have replied in bold to your query

machare
20-07-11, 11:29
Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I find your answers generally encouraging.

Your description of what the 'Playlist' button does is very much what I would have expected the 'Filelist' button to do!

pooface
20-07-11, 12:49
Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I find your answers generally encouraging.

Your description of what the 'Playlist' button does is very much what I would have expected the 'Filelist' button to do!

iirc, the playlist button shows the media player plugin. That is rubbish imo, and I just always press the filelist button to get the recorded items...

machare
20-07-11, 13:34
What I was looking for was a button that displays a channel list when a TV programme is being displayed. It is something that the OK button might do.

punisher
20-07-11, 13:35
the up arrow on the dpad brings the channel list up, or the holding of the up/down arrow brings up the simple channel list, also if you press TV then chose ur category that will also bring ur channel list up

world-of-satellite.co.uk
20-07-11, 13:52
What I was looking for was a button that displays a channel list when a TV programme is being displayed. It is something that the OK button might do.

The up/down buttons will bring up your bouquet with your channel list. Then whilst in the list you can browse other bouquets by pressing blue button.

This thread will give you an otherview of the ViX image in terms of epg and other features http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9036-ViX-Team-ET9000-Image-v2.2-11-06-2011-Discussion

We have them in stock here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Xtrend-ET-9000-ET9000-Enigma-2-Linux-Twin-Tuner-HD-Satellite-Receiver and we also offer a FREE firmware flashing service ;)

machare
20-07-11, 15:28
Thanks - You have answered my next question already!

What is a bouquet? I have seen this word used to refer to all the channels on a transponder, or can I create my own bouquet with my preferred channels perhaps spread across several satellites?

Does World-of-Satellite operate a shop with a showroom?

punisher
20-07-11, 15:37
bouquet is basically your own favorites (satellite channels categoriesed) you can create your own or have a look at ready made ones in the settings section on the forum by users. and you can create em for whichever satellites you want

you can get in touch with world of satellite by either PM'ing or go to the website and you can ring and speak :D

world-of-satellite.co.uk
20-07-11, 15:42
Look's like the bouquet question has been answered, but to add to the answer you can use PC software like Dreamboxedit or Dreamset to create your bouquets.

Regards us we are mainly mail order, but collections can be arranged by appointment.

andyblac
20-07-11, 16:10
When the Playlist button is pressed, what list is displayed? Could this be the favourites list, or a particular favouties list if there are more than one?Playlist with VIX brings up the recorded programmes

incorrect the FILLIST does that, PLAYLIST should open mediaplayer