PDA

View Full Version : IMDB plugin does not work, while IMDB embeded in Subtitle Player by DD does

mauri
18-07-11, 21:13
Since months now I have issues with IMDB plugin. Apparently, for some users of Vu+Duo it is a hit and miss game, while for some others it does work ok.

For me, 70% of the time it gives me 'no IMDB match', the other 30% that gives 1 or more alternative titles, when I select the title and press it, it gives the message 'failed to download'.
Searching the forum re this issue, I found a thread on Sub Player by DD, which suggested that IMDB plugin embeded in the subplayer would work.

And yes, it does! :)

Although it does not have all the full features of the stand alone IMDB, like for instance. no extra description. The up and down arrows do not function (so you could read to the bottom of the description box). Anyways, it is not perfect, but it is definitely better than nothing! :)

For the record, I had the identical symptoms even with PLi2 image (I am guessing this does not necessarily mean that it is a bug within the IMDB plugin itself, cuz it might as well be a bug within VIX platform which shares the PLi code...).

food for thought for the awesome programmers, who are bringing us (maybe) the best platform to date for our Vu+Duo boxes.
Keep it up guys. And THANK YOU!!!

Larry-G
18-07-11, 21:18
i have never once had any issues with IMDB my self, it works flawlessly every time, although i am running the beta image and not the public one.

mauri
18-07-11, 21:23
It seems that this bug affects quite a good number of boxes/image versions. This is one the threads of this forum re this topic. fyi
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?2891-IMDb-plugin-problem/page3

Larry-G
18-07-11, 21:26
well that post is from last year and i have only been using this box for 3 months but again iv'e never had a problem with IMDB in those 3 months.

punisher
18-07-11, 23:05
no there is a problem with the public release which andy has fixed for this new release, hence why it is working for us beta testers and not u guys. the image will be out soon so hopefully should be fixed and all working

deckymckeown
22-07-11, 13:02
Since months now I have issues with IMDB plugin. Apparently, for some users of Vu+Duo it is a hit and miss game, while for some others it does work ok.

For me, 70% of the time it gives me 'no IMDB match', the other 30% that gives 1 or more alternative titles, when I select the title and press it, it gives the message 'failed to download'.
Searching the forum re this issue, I found a thread on Sub Player by DD, which suggested that IMDB plugin embeded in the subplayer would work.

And yes, it does! :)

Although it does not have all the full features of the stand alone IMDB, like for instance. no extra description. The up and down arrows do not function (so you could read to the bottom of the description box). Anyways, it is not perfect, but it is definitely better than nothing! :)

For the record, I had the identical symptoms even with PLi2 image (I am guessing this does not necessarily mean that it is a bug within the IMDB plugin itself, cuz it might as well be a bug within VIX platform which shares the PLi code...).

food for thought for the awesome programmers, who are bringing us (maybe) the best platform to date for our Vu+Duo boxes.
Keep it up guys. And THANK YOU!!!

I am having the same problem with IMDB as you Mauri, but im now also having problems with Subtile Player. I can search the title of the film, but when i then select the film for additional info, i am now always getting the green screen?

Can you confirm if you are having a problem with this too?

Larry-G
22-07-11, 13:05
Update VIX to 2.2.100 IMDB should be fixed in this version.

Sent from my HTC

mauri
22-07-11, 18:43
Hi Phoenix, thanks a bunch for the info!
I am updating my Vix 2.2.01 to the latest online update. It is downloading quite a large number of packages.
Or should I reflash it with a complete 2.2.100?

Update VIX to 2.2.100 IMDB should be fixed in this version.

Sent from my HTC

Larry-G
22-07-11, 18:48
you can use either method to upgrade. i personally tend to use a USB stick.

mauri
22-07-11, 18:54
Ahem, I updated it via software manager menu, rebooted it, just to have my box in the Green Screen Circle of Death... :(
I guess I am left with another reflash.
I will post back my 'findings' once I test all the bugs I had with my Vix 2.2.01
thnx again!

you can use either method to upgrade. i personally tend to use a USB stick.

punisher
22-07-11, 18:56
can u post the crash log here please and also send it via the log manager when u reflash so we can see what happened

mauri
22-07-11, 20:30
Here are the last crashlogs I had today, AFTER the reflash...

For the record: IMDB plugin works OK. uPnP/ushare plugin does not install, same as with previous image.

cheers

can u post the crash log here please and also send it via the log manager when u reflash so we can see what happened

punisher
22-07-11, 20:43
could you ftp into the box and delete this file and reboot and try again

/etc/enigma2/automount.xml

if that doesnt work then try a new flash and dont restore anything just do a clean install and see if that works ok

mauri
22-07-11, 21:06
Don't know if I should delete the file, now THAT I HAVE REFLASHED the box already. :/
As I stated in my previous post, I decided to make a clean install because the box was rebooting itself in circles because of the green screen of death...

punisher
22-07-11, 21:12
ah aslong as its working for u after a clean flash then u dont need to delete that file. it was only if you were still having that particular problem