PDA

View Full Version : hdmi output just died

hensu
18-07-11, 20:38
Hello.

Yesterday i stumbled upon a large problem, my hdmi died, i was away from my house a couple of days so i disconnected everything incase of a thunderstorm.
when i got back home yesterday i didnt get any output on hdmi. i could stream via the box without problems and later i tested scart and that worked fine.

tried 3 different cables on 2 different tv's. have pushed it in real good so it shouldnt be a connection issue.
tried factory reset, tried vix instead of open pli but nothing.
anything else i can try?

plusser
18-07-11, 21:41
Hello.

Yesterday i stumbled upon a large problem, my hdmi died, i was away from my house a couple of days so i disconnected everything incase of a thunderstorm.
when i got back home yesterday i didnt get any output on hdmi. i could stream via the box without problems and later i tested scart and that worked fine.

tried 3 different cables on 2 different tv's. have pushed it in real good so it shouldnt be a connection issue.
tried factory reset, tried vix instead of open pli but nothing.
anything else i can try?

Boot box with scart, go to settings and check you have HDMI output selected.

+er

hensu
19-07-11, 07:46
yeah, tried that, it says output is on hdmi. though i get the output on the scart aswell.

pooface
19-07-11, 11:00
This is the second story I remember reading on someone's hdmi output failing... Remember canthackit said he had a problem... Will try to find thread. How old is your box? Do you have any warranty remaining? If can't get it sorted, then worth contacting your dealer you purchased from, and seeing if they can help you...

[Edit]
Found this thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8723-Broken-HDMI-connector), but he did post another thread which had more information in. But can't find it at the moment...

[Edit2]
Just found the main thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7528-Lost-everything) he created...

hensu
19-07-11, 12:42
Thanks alot, my box is only like 5 months so it should be within warranty, but i can imagine my dealer refuses becouse i installed a HDD and used another image.

jusaju
20-07-11, 00:51
Hi hensu

And thanks You have explained the problems.

So everything was working ok earlier and You took all cables away incase of a thunderstorm.

And something happend during that time which change things ? And why? Thatīs the Q

Lets figure it out what change the situation during that time (I have read also the other thread)

-Cables ok (as you said and tried other ones also).Also HDMI pushed inside.Totally.
-TV also selected in HDMI
-And also all usb sticks and HDD removed before flashing again with new image.

And as said in other thread it does not have any influence to warranty even You have installed HDD etc.

hensu
20-07-11, 17:44
well, i have not removed my HDD yet and now im on vacation so i cant try that, going to do that before i send it back, doubt that would be the cause though.

but nothing really had change since i just removed the power cables from the wall outlet when we left and i reinserted them when i returned.

yes hdmi pushed inside as hard as i dared without physically damage the box.

my guess is that it's a bad solder on the hdmi port so when it was varm it had connection but something happend when it cooled off after i removed the power.

but im a computer tech not a electritian(spelling)

Rob van der Does
24-07-11, 08:09
Thanks alot, my box is only like 5 months so it should be within warranty, but i can imagine my dealer refuses becouse i installed a HDD and used another image.
No: the box is designed to build in a HDD, so that can never be a reason for refusing repair under warranty.
And about the image: just flash to the latest Original Image before handing in the box.......

Larry-G
24-07-11, 10:25
as pointed out, these boxes are designed to be taken apart and a HDD installed. so i cant see a reason any dealer would deny a warranty request for that, unless you of course caused damage while inside the box.

Stanman
24-07-11, 15:06
If any do just take a copy of the advert showing it as a PVR and poilitely point out trading standards