PDA

View Full Version : which satellite meter is good out of these two

boxer29
17-07-11, 00:51
just trying to find out which satellite meter is good ,
got pic of two
can someone also tell me is there any advantage in getting a meter which has got 22khz and a H/V lights on the meter as shown in the pic
whats the use of those lights for 22khz and h/v
posting pics as well thanks 93039304

basilyoung
17-07-11, 00:56
either is ok...they wont tell you what sat you are on,

the led lights ... to be honest, not sure

boxer29
17-07-11, 18:25
you are saying to keep the led light one
is that right
how do you check the sensitivity of the 2 meters
have got a sky fixed dish should i check both meters on that dish and see which one gives the higher reading
any comments

boxer29
17-07-11, 18:40
when i connect the one which has got led
as soon as i connect the lead from the box which will give power to the meter the 22khz led lights up
when i connect the lead from the lnb in the meter
there is audible tone and it shows reading of 4 when i keep the dial to 2
if i increase the dial to 5 it shows full readin on the meter

the other meter shows the same result a reading 5 when the dial is at 2 and full when the dial is at 5
any comments now

Larry-G
17-07-11, 18:43
you are as usual vastly over complicating things that need not be so. both meters will do the job as will the one i have which cost me £3.00 ten years ago.

boxer29
17-07-11, 19:08
put a cardboard in between the lnb and the dish both meter knobs were at the same number on the dial which is 2 .to check sensitivity
the one with led shows reading at 2
the other one shows the reading of 1
does that mean the one with led which is showing reading 2 is more sensitive then the other
and so is the better out of the two

boxer29
17-07-11, 19:35
you are as usual vastly over complicating things that need not be so. both meters will do the job as will the one i have which cost me £3.00 ten years ago.
not complicating things
i had the option to chose from the two meter which i had .
wanted to keep the best one
you would have or anybody would like to keep the best thing
that's what im trying to do
no offense though
thanks

Alec
17-07-11, 20:46
In that case, the best one for you, is the one you like to use.

basilyoung
18-07-11, 01:46
as I posted before

either sat "meter" will do,

in the end, all the "meter" does, is tell you that you are on a sat, the readings on the meter,s is fairly irrelivent, and not nessisarily accurate, the same goes for the sat readings on any reciever

a proper sat meter, would cost a fair bit of dosh, telling you what sat you are on, with a full spectrum

both those sat meters do a simple job, ie, you are getting a signal

machare
20-07-11, 20:58
Mine is more like the unit on the right. The one I have produces an audible tone which changes with the signal strengh, I find that very useful as it is not always easy to watch the meter as you move the dish.

Avena
28-09-11, 02:53
Hey,

Very informative and Nice discussion you all have...
Satellite imagery is sometimes supplemented with aerial photography, which has higher resolution, but is more expensive per square meter.