PDA

View Full Version : Wlan Plugin Not Showing In Plugins

hippo1001
16-07-11, 12:03
Hi ive just bought a d-link dwa-140 h/w ver b2 and f/w ver 1.31(e) Ive connected the wifi stick to the bottom slot, when ive gone into the network option it does not show as being there, ive checked the options and it shows as being installed ok but again it does not give me the option to set the settings via the network, I also tried another image VTI v3 to see if the dongle was some how faulty, but I was able to get it working without any problems, can anyone tell me if im doing anything wrong or is there a special way to install the dongle??

ATB Hippo

Righthammer
16-07-11, 21:26
Have you downloaded and installed the wireless driver from the plugins section?

punisher
16-07-11, 21:31
If u installed the wifi drivers from the plugin download section, then all u need to do is, plug the usb stick in an reboot, then go to menu/setup/system/network/adapter settings and setup your wifi from there

hippo1001
17-07-11, 11:39
Have you downloaded and installed the wireless driver from the plugins section?

If u installed the wifi drivers from the plugin download section, then all u need to do is, plug the usb stick in an reboot, then go to menu/setup/system/network/adapter settings and setup your wifi from there

Hi, I installed the drivers from the plugins menu, however there is no option to setup via wlan on the adpater settings Ive also installed each driver indivdualy tried via rebbot then uninstalled the reinstalled the next on the list but again no joy.

Appreciate the help guys

ATB Hippo

Braggster
17-07-11, 14:04
Hi m8 i had this problem a cpl of months ago that stick your using is not compatable with the DUO as i found out here with a lot of help from the guys on here... if you look at post 36 and 37
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8422-Help-needed-please/page4

i CAN CONFIRM that a Belkin F5D7050ed works a treat only cost me £6.99 off fleabay compared to the £30 i paid for the D-Link DWA 140

Forgot to mention i was running VIX 2.1 at the time i had these problems with wifi stick...

hippo1001
17-07-11, 14:36
Hi m8 i had this problem a cpl of months ago that stick your using is not compatable with the DUO as i found out here with a lot of help from the guys on here... if you look at post 36 and 37
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8422-Help-needed-please/page4

i CAN CONFIRM that a Belkin F5D7050ed works a treat only cost me £6.99 off fleabay compared to the £30 i paid for the D-Link DWA 140

Forgot to mention i was running VIX 2.1 at the time i had these problems with wifi stick...

Thought as much, ill keep a eye out for the Belkin and get one of those as I do likethe ViX images as they do seem to be the better one for my needs (IMO)

thanks again for all the help

ATVB Hippo

Righthammer
26-07-11, 01:11
i CAN CONFIRM that a Belkin F5D7050ed works a treat only cost me £6.99 off fleabay

What firmware version is on your Belkin Stick ? I might pick up one of them as i have 3 sticks that currently dont work :(

hippo1001
27-07-11, 19:14
Just bought two different sticks that work fine with ViX images which are a Belkin f5d7050b and a tp-link tl-wn321g (white). I got the d-link dwa-140 f/w ver 1.31(e) working with another image ok however I also tried a cisco wusb600n v2 and a belkin f5d7050 ver 4003uk which didnt work at all

Braggster
28-07-11, 20:17
What firmware version is on your Belkin Stick ? I might pick up one of them as i have 3 sticks that currently dont work :(

Sorry pal only just seen this thread mine is Ver3127ed

Righthammer
05-08-11, 00:04
Sorry pal only just seen this thread mine is Ver3127ed

Thanks Braggster:)