PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Uno tunner problems

lampiao
14-07-11, 17:39
Hello,
does anyone else have problems scanning DVB S2, I don't seem to find anyone complaining. I am trying to scan dvb S2, 8psk no lock on transponder. If I go to satfind the signal is not perfect, but signal gets locked. but when trying to scan for channels scan fail. if I use setting loadded with dreamset like I do in vu+duo and zap to the channel, just stay black and after a minute or two say "no data from transponder"
I am trying to scan Hispasat values are on pictures bellow.
It sound like the first images for solo. drivers had to be installed manually after image.
any help would be much apreciated.
I tried all they yesterday with all diferent images. with original images as well. because I have two of this unos, I also tried with factory image untouched. I am really disapointed with this box, after the problems with solo one would think they knew their machines.
thank you for any possible help.

I tried with 3 images, oficial untouched, new oficial, =New Official Image v5.10 Uno. VTI latest, and blackhole latest.
I also have other receivers at home, vu+duo and vu solo. they both are working perfect. no signal problems wahtsoever.
I am disconecting cable from vu+duo and using in UNO, so I am sure there is no LNB, dish or cable issues. I also tried motor dish, witch is bigger and diferent lnb.
I have tried also checking sat.xml and all is fine compared to solo and duo.
I honestly think they done something wrong with drivers for tunner, as they did with solo.
just hope there is a solution fast.. is not nice to pay so much for something that is not working for something so basic like scanning channels... with all the respect for all hardworking people, this responsability and my comment goes to manufacteur.
again thank you all for your efforts.
regards
RS

lampiao
15-07-11, 00:40
omg 37 views not on single reply.. is it me or nobody seems to have any problem with this machine... well than again if you people who got machines before release for one reason or the other, maybe you could help who paid quite a bit of money for theyrs... disapointing...:confused:

punisher
15-07-11, 00:42
Hae u updated ur satellites.xml file?

Larry-G
15-07-11, 00:45
well considering the box is very new i'd surmise that not many people have one.

i my self have been using a Vu+Uno for 3 months with no problems what so ever, but i have a faulty motor and have not had the time to fit the replacement so my dish is currently stuck on 28.2 east. we do have a few other beta testers who also have this box, they may be able to test the unit on those transponders.

lampiao
15-07-11, 00:46
hello, thank you for your reply.
yes I did that. i compared uno xml against duo and it is similar. even if it wasn't by choosing manual scan if a new TP is selected it will go to xml. having said that I have also replaced with the working xml from vu+ duo.
never the less a reply is a reply and I apreciate your effort.

lampiao
15-07-11, 00:52
well considering the box is very new i'd surmise that not many people have one.

i my self have been using a Vu+Uno for 3 months with no problems what so ever, but i have a faulty motor and have not had the time to fit the replacement so my dish is currently stuck on 28.2 east. we do have a few other beta testers who also have this box, they may be able to test the unit on those transponders.
thank you for your reply.. patience?!? they should be patiente before releasing something not in fully order. I aquired 3 of does boxes, is quite a bit of money... my main goal is to use this boxes internally for this provider...tell me now to be pacient...they are going back tomorrow... I could for half price get some of does clones...and let me tell you I have one and I had no problems like this... why making the same mistake twice? solo and uno with tunner issues. let's see what happens.
don't take me wrong not against or upset with people who are in this for hobby, but in the end the manufateur send a product out and them people who have no benefit make the corrections.. not correct.

Larry-G
15-07-11, 00:59
this is a forum where people will help as and when they can, you made a post at 17:39 asking for help then another 7 hours later moaning because the thread had no answeres. so again i would say have patience and give people a reasonable chance to reply if they can. people will help when and where they can. and not just because you demand it.

give us a day or so, we then may be able to test the problem your having to see if it is present on the units were using.

lampiao
15-07-11, 01:06
that is all one needs to hear sometimes, to know someone is listening.
than again, expressing my "pain" is not in any way offensive if people try to understand my problem.
let's put yourself in my shoes... you know some people had boxes for testing purposes, and they are around.. probably viewing this request... don't you think they should at least say a word or two?
I was never afraid to ask, because I am not afraid to give... and belive me I have givem quite a lot... get me the sources I will fix the problem in no time.

Sicilian
15-07-11, 05:25
Instead of doing a single transponder scan why dont you just do a single satellite scan?? Then you can check that the channels you are scanning for a being picked up.

List the channels that you are scanning for and also list the frequencies. This way we can check if its user or driver error.

If you feel theres is somekind of driver issues why dont you email VU+ direct? We cant fix drivers here.

pooface
15-07-11, 05:42
A lot of people will open a thread to read what's posted. Not many people have this box, so a lot are inquisitive. People usually ten to reply only when they can help...

Sent with Tapatalk

lampiao
15-07-11, 07:10
Instead of doing a single transponder scan why dont you just do a single satellite scan?? Then you can check that the channels you are scanning for a being picked up.

List the channels that you are scanning for and also list the frequencies. This way we can check if its user or driver error.

If you feel theres is somekind of driver issues why dont you email VU+ direct? We cant fix drivers here.

hello thank you for your reply.
package can be found here: "hxxp://www.lyngsat.com/packages/meo.html"
here is the frequencies taken out of the sat xml:
<transponder frequency="11731000" symbol_rate="28126000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="1" system="0"/>
<transponder frequency="12012000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" inversion="2" modulation="2" system="1" pilot="2" rolloff="0"/>
<transponder frequency="12052000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" inversion="2" modulation="2" system="1" pilot="2" rolloff="0"/>
<transponder frequency="12092000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" inversion="2" modulation="2" system="1" pilot="2" rolloff="0"/>

I have sent an email to this address: "support_at_vuplus.com",(replacing _at_with proper simbol) not sure if is the correct adress for VU+ direct, if not can someone direct me please.

lampiao
15-07-11, 07:15
A lot of people will open a thread to read what's posted. Not many people have this box, so a lot are inquisitive. People usually ten to reply only when they can help...

Sent with Tapatalk
thank you for replying, I do understand that, but you agree with me there is also some people who just can't be bothered... sometimes a word that all it takes to go in the write direction to solve problems... some times this words come from people who have no clue off what they are saying..
I think you would agree also that only after I complaint i got some answers... I did not make a complaint in a personal way... please don't take it personal... I just wanted to get a litle "boiling water".... again thank you all.

Sicilian
15-07-11, 09:15
I'll test this in the next couple of days, but try saving your settings/bouquets from your Duo and transfer them to your Uno making sure all the settings in dreamset/dreambox edit are correct.

Sicilian
15-07-11, 09:17
hello thank you for your reply.
package can be found here: "hxxp://www.lyngsat.com/packages/meo.html"
here is the frequencies taken out of the sat xml:
<transponder frequency="11731000" symbol_rate="28126000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="1" system="0"/>
<transponder frequency="12012000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" inversion="2" modulation="2" system="1" pilot="2" rolloff="0"/>
<transponder frequency="12052000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" inversion="2" modulation="2" system="1" pilot="2" rolloff="0"/>
<transponder frequency="12092000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" inversion="2" modulation="2" system="1" pilot="2" rolloff="0"/>

I have sent an email to this address: "support_at_vuplus.com",(replacing _at_with proper simbol) not sure if is the correct adress for VU+ direct, if not can someone direct me please.

Which specific channels are saying 'no transponder found' in the meo package?

I've not had any issues scanning or tuning.

lampiao
15-07-11, 09:33
Which specific channels are saying 'no transponder found' in the meo package?

I've not had any issues scanning or tuning.
that is a bit of good news for me...
all channels on does 3 TP have the same problem. if i try to scan I get lock when checking satfind, but no channels are found.
If I load channels list manually from my duo to the uno when zapping to channel, I can see signal, sid, vpid,apid, but no picture and after 1 or 2 minutes I get message with no data from transponder.
I am 100% sure I have all variables setup ok. it's either the image or drives.
if you are saying you have no problems scanning I believe you, than maybe you could let me know your setup. image name and version and any relevant information to try with my boxes.
thank you again.

lampiao
15-07-11, 09:35
the channels can be found on the lyngsat link I left above, it's maybe easier to look there tahn me tell you a channels you may not know.. but you can look at benfica tv, this channels is not in tv cabo package so there is no mistake... also sport tv liga inglesa.

Sicilian
15-07-11, 09:37
that is a bit of good news for me...
all channels on does 3 TP have the same problem. if i try to scan I get lock when checking satfind, but no channels are found.
If I load channels list manually from my duo to the uno when zapping to channel, I can see signal, sid, vpid,apid, but no picture and after 1 or 2 minutes I get message with no data from transponder.
I am 100% sure I have all variables setup ok. it's either the image or drives.
if you are saying you have no problems scanning I believe you, than maybe you could let me know your setup. image name and version and any relevant information to try with my boxes.
thank you again.

I've not had any issues scanning or tuning, but not tried hispasat yet, will do later today/tomorrow.

Do as I suggested, save your settings / bouquets from your Duo using dreamboxedit then transfer them to your Uno.

Again I'm asking please list the specific channels in the Meo package that are saying 'no data from transponder'.

Also are these encrypted channels? If so, is your subscription card and softcam setup correctly? This could also give you the message 'no data from transponder'.

Larry-G
15-07-11, 09:48
ok so going by your screen shots your saying it's the 8psk transponders your having trouble with ? such as this one

12012, H, 30000, 34, S2, 8PSK

lampiao
15-07-11, 09:49
with all the respect and I don't mean in any way to be ungreatfull to your efforts in helping me, I have rulled out all you are saying, I am not new on this things, I am a coder myself. done a lot of work on emus, so I know a litle more about all this than the regular user. you may have not seen the second message about two channels i mentioned for you to check when you can, but again all the channels on Meo package are the same problem.
I apreciate if you feed back after you had a chance to test. in the mean time if you could advise in what image to use I would carry on testing.
I will also look for same kind of packages on other satelites witch use same type off tp details. as you know the most dificult to get write since begining of HD streamming are the DVB-S2 8PSK in high band.specially horizontal. I also have HTPC and work with that just as a hobbie, and I still remmember it was quite a problem to get the DVB-S2 pcsat board to work properly.

lampiao
15-07-11, 09:50
ok so going by your screen shots your saying it's the 8psk transponders your having trouble with ? such as this one
thank you for your reply.
yes is one of 4 TPs, this provider only uses 3 TPs.

Larry-G
15-07-11, 09:55
ok thanks.

so it seems all the transponders your having trouble with are the 8psk ones with a symbol rate of 30,000.

lampiao
15-07-11, 09:56
thank you for your reply.
yes is one of 4 TPs, this provider only uses 3 TPs.
having said that, it's not exacly problem with 8PSK, it is another TP on hispasat 11891 H 29000 3/4 8PSK witch is ok, it's really the MEO package.
Now that I am talking about it, they have changed a litle recently, they are change audio on some channels, to AAC.
not that should change the fact they should still be ok to scan, it just a litle more information. in case people are paying attention to changes in general.

Sicilian
15-07-11, 09:58
The Uno does NOT have any issues with SR30,000 channels, I know that 100% becuase I reguarly tune to HD channels on 1deg West. I'm going to test what the OP is talking about this evening / tomorrow.

Out of interest where did you purchase your Uno's?

lampiao
15-07-11, 10:01
The Uno does NOT have any issues with SR30,000 channels, I know that 100% becuase I reguarly tune to HD channels on 1deg West. I'm going to test what the OP is talking about this evening / tomorrow.

Out of interest where did you purchase your Uno's?

thank you, but I aks again if you could suggest an image and version for me to carry on testing I would appreciate it.

Sicilian
15-07-11, 10:04
thank you, but I aks again if you could suggest an image and version for me to carry on testing I would appreciate it.

You never anwsered my question, out of interest where did you purchase? Did you purchase from our sponsor?

As regards to images try the latest images available, ViX has not been released yet.

pooface
15-07-11, 10:14
One other thing to try, can you try using one of the inputs that you use on the duo on the uno (switching duo off before disconnecting obviously ;)).

It could be a faulty lnb or something :confused:

lampiao
15-07-11, 10:22
You never anwsered my question, out of interest where did you purchase? Did you purchase from our sponsor?

As regards to images try the latest images available, ViX has not been released yet.
Is it really important?
I am not sure how to answer this without entering some personal information... in one hand if I say just No, you'll think maybe you should stemp more time with this if I got it from your sponsor... if I say yes I wouyld be lying. so the thruth is due to have done a lot of work on the background for many people I have acces to probably the same people as you sponsor... unfortunatly this people I am refering to are out of the country.. they have sent a text message to koreans, until they comeback to the country there isn't much they can do.
if you are happy with this response and satify your curiosity, maybe it is information not needed for the rest of the users and you can erase the post and the question. But I am ok either way.

lampiao
15-07-11, 10:24
One other thing to try, can you try using one of the inputs that you use on the duo on the uno (switching duo off before disconnecting obviously ;)).

It could be a faulty lnb or something :confused:
are you saying for me to take the DUO tunner out and test on UNO? it would be odd to have 3 faulty tunners, but I am willing to try... I will comment on that later... assuming they are compatible.

Sicilian
15-07-11, 10:25
Is it really important?
I am not sure how to answer this without entering some personal information... in one hand if I say just No, you'll think maybe you should stemp more time with this if I got it from your sponsor... if I say yes I wouyld be lying. so the thruth is due to have done a lot of work on the background for many people I have acces to probably the same people as you sponsor... unfortunatly this people I am refering to are out of the country.. they have sent a text message to koreans, until they comeback to the country there isn't much they can do.
if you are happy with this response and satify your curiosity, maybe it is information not needed for the rest of the users and you can erase the post and the question. But I am ok either way.

We help all members here, irrelevant where they purchased ;) You could send me a PM.

Like I said I'll test this tonight/tomorrow, but would be appreciated if you could give me a list of FTA channels that you are having issues with to save time and effort.

pooface
15-07-11, 10:29
are you saying for me to take the DUO tunner out and test on UNO? it would be odd to have 3 faulty tunners, but I am willing to try... I will comment on that later... assuming they are compatible.

No, I am saying to take the feed that goes in to the duo (i.e. the cable), and put it in to the uno. It might be that the cable or the lnb itself is faulty... Never said anything about the tuners? The tuners on the duo are not interchangeable like those on the uno, so you wouldn't be able to do that anyway...

lampiao
15-07-11, 10:37
No, I am saying to take the feed that goes in to the duo (i.e. the cable), and put it in to the uno. It might be that the cable or the lnb itself is faulty... Never said anything about the tuners? The tuners on the duo are not interchangeable like those on the uno, so you wouldn't be able to do that anyway...
haaa. ok, I have tried that allready. no luck...

Sicilian
15-07-11, 14:16
No problems here, just checked the two channels that the OP mention in the thread earlier, benfica tv and sport tv liga inglesa. See screenshots attached :D

Sicilian
15-07-11, 14:17
Here's the infobar's too :D

lampiao
15-07-11, 14:39
well, first thing that pops up to my eye is the image in use... all I have tried fail so far.
Can you please point me in the wright direction to get that image and advise on the drivers used.
or maybe if I just change the modules.
also what is your setup. lbn in particular, not that should matter as al diferent HD boxes in the house are working perfect.. even when it rains a lot no signal loss.

Larry-G
15-07-11, 14:41
the image used is the VIX image which at present has not been released for the Uno ( coming very shortly ).

lampiao
15-07-11, 14:43
the image used is the VIX image which at present has not been released for the Uno ( coming very shortly ).
I know that.. I could see that.. I have no personal interest on any image in particular, but just for my use is it possible to have the same image for testing porpuses?
Well i just want this bloody boxes working...

pooface
15-07-11, 14:44
I know that.. I could see that.. I have no personal interest on any image in particular, but just for my use is it possible to have the same image for testing porpuses?
Well i just want this bloody boxes working...

The image will be released soon ... you are welcome to test whether it fixes your problem when it is released...

I can't imagine tho, that the image would be the cause of your problem... Are you sure you have updated the satellites.xml file? As this is quite often the cause of problems for users with similar issues to yours...

lampiao
15-07-11, 14:45
or at least some imformation about what original version is the image based on, what OE

pooface
15-07-11, 14:46
or at least some imformation about what original version is the image based on, what OE

It's based on the same image as all others... If you'd read the release notes of other ViX images, then you'd know ;)

Also, read the amendments I made to my post in the mean time after I posted and after you'd posted...

Sicilian
15-07-11, 14:51
Using a Technomate 80cm dish with a Technomate 0.1db Gold LNB.

Using same drivers as in the current ViX image.

Personally if I where you I'd save your settings/bouquets from your Duo and transfer them to the Uno.

Also check you tuner setup compared to the Duo.

lampiao
15-07-11, 14:59
"Using same drivers as in the current ViX image." what current image? is there any vix image for uno? or you mean current image for other VU ?

Sicilian
15-07-11, 15:03
"Using same drivers as in the current ViX image." what current image? is there any vix image for uno? or you mean current image for other VU ?

The current public image's for the VU+.

Larry-G
15-07-11, 15:05
the newest drivers for the Uno released today

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9627-Vu-New-Drivers-15-07-2011-%28Uno%29&p=71150#post71150

lampiao
15-07-11, 16:56
well, no luck here...
new drives did not make any diference.
I just checked my lnbs again and they are 0.2, I supose the next step is to try new lnb.
having said that why it works perfect in all boxes, vu duo, solo, spiderbox, dm8000, dm800 and this UNO... I am starting to think this is "ultimo" and not number "uno"...(ultimo in portuguese=last):D

lampiao
17-07-11, 00:36
here I am again.
I have not been able to resolve this problem.
I just installed two new images, one in UNO, one in DUO, and made two logs with both of them from boot to channel scan...all conditions where exactly the same, same sat.xml also, same antena, etc.
for the ones who may have some interest on this and if you want to find where problems start faster, just use search document and look for this header:
prepare_sat System 1 Freq 12052000 Pol 0 SR 30000000 INV

regards

Sicilian
17-07-11, 08:20
Please post the settings / bouquets that you are using.

Sicilian
17-07-11, 09:26
I really can't see why you are having an issue. I'm getting same results with Uno and Duo.

Are you selecting the correct channels? You will find two benfica TV and two Sport TV Liga Inglesa listed.

This Sport TV Liga Inglesa works ok: -
Frequency 11731 SR30000 Horizontal 3/4 8PSK

This Sport TV Liga Inglesa does NOT tune on any of my receivers: -
Frequency 12130 SR26970 Horizontal 5/6 8PSK

This Benfica TV Liga Inglesa works ok: -
Frequency 12092 SR30000 Horizontal 3/4 8PSK

This Benfica TV Liga Inglesa does NOT tune on any of my receivers: -
Frequency 12246 SR26970 Horizontal 5/6 8PSK

This issue is not with the Uno, theres something wrong in your setup, need to figure out what.

lampiao
17-07-11, 10:37
Please post the settings / bouquets that you are using.
I did not use any setting or bouquets, for this logs, it's two freshly installed images and sat scan. it works with DUO and it does not with UNO. If there isn't a problem with UNO, maybe uno needs a litle help for this transponders like it is necessary for some others, as you can find on a file called "enconding config" found at /share/enigma2, see below... I may be making some mistake... maybe you can send me a backup for me to test.
I will knock my head down if it proves i am making some strange mistake... having said that, a lot of people will do this mistake, I hope it really proves at least by using some settings in particular it makes the box work properly. never the less I would like to get to the bottom of this.
just another note from your other post, if you getting two of the same channels it means your list still have old frequencies, I am sure if you do a scan with clean image you will not get two channels. it really don't bother me to have 10 channels of the same as long as one works.

"#Fallback encoding when in dvb-text no encoding table is given
#Countycode ISO8859-X or ISO6397
ara ISO8859-6
tur ISO8859-9
gre ISO8859-7
pol ISO8859-2
rus ISO8859-5
bul ISO8859-5
tha ISO8859-11
cze ISO6397
ces ISO6397
slo ISO6397
slk ISO6397
#Sorry for that.. in DVB Spec this is the default behavior
#when no other encoding is given in dvb-texts..
#but this breaks too much providers yet..
#so our default is ISO8859-1 without two char byte encoding
#So all transponders which needs this must be listed here
#TSID ONID
0x447 0x1 # Astra 19.2°E 12.304 H - UPC Direct
0x427 0x1 # Astra 19.2°E 10.920 H - UPC Direct
0x44b 0x1 # Astra 19.2°E 12.382 H - UPC Direct
0x4ff 0x1 # Astra 19.2°E 11.992 H - UPC Direct
0x407 0x1 # Astra 19.2°E 11.671 H - UPC Direct
0x436 0x1 # Astra 19.2°E 11.973 V - MTV Networks Europe
0x42a 0x1 # Astra 19.2°E 11.739 V - MTV Networks Europe
0xc23 0x3 # Astra 23.5°E 10.803 H - CS Link / SkyLink
0xc85 0x3 # Astra 23.5°E 11.797 H - CS Link / SkyLink
0xc89 0x3 # Astra 23.5°E 11.876 H - CS Link / SkyLink
0xc8f 0x3 # Astra 23.5°E 11.992 H - CS Link / SkyLink
0xc93 0x3 # Astra 23.5°E 12.070 H - CS Link / SkyLink
0xc95 0x3 # Astra 23.5°E 12.109 H - SkyLink
0xbc6 0x3 # Astra 23.5°E 12.525 V - CS Link / SkyLink
0xbc7 0x3 # Astra 23.5°E 12.565 H - SkyLink
200 318 #Hotbird Eutelsat (Eurosport)
300 318 #Hotbird Eutelsat (Eurosport, Animal Pl.HD)
400 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfra+
1000 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Grupa ITI
1500 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfra+
1600 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfra+
2800 318 #Hotbird 13.0 MTV Networks (Comedy Central)
7400 113 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfrowy Polsat
7800 113 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfrowy Polsat
7900 113 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfrowy Polsat
8100 113 #Hotbird 13.0 Universal (Cyfra+)
8100 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Eutelsat (Universal)
11000 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfra+
11400 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfra+
11600 318 #Hotbird 13.0 BBC HD, ITI
11700 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Eurosport2
11900 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfra+
12200 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Disney Channel Polska and other
12800 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Viacom ... MTV / VH1 Polska
13000 318 #Hotbird 13.0 BBC Polska and other
13100 318 #Hotbird 13.0 Crime and Investigation
13200 113 #Hotbird 13.0 Cyfrowy Polsat
#Fallback encoding table for single transponders
#ISO6397 also enables two byte char encoding
#TSID ONID ISO8859-X
#12800 318 ISO6397 #Viacom ... MTV / VH1 Polska
21100 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 10.928 H 30.000 2/3 8PSK
41200 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.451 V 25.066 2/3
50100 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.471 H 30.000 3/4
50200 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.492 V 30.000 3/4
50300 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.639 H 30.000 3/4
50400 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.534 V 30.000 3/4
50500 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.262 H 27.500 3/4
50600 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.575 V and 42°E 11.729 V 15.555 5/6
50700 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.596 H 30.000 3/4
50800 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.678 H 30.000 3/4
50900 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.513 H 27.500 3/4
51000 126 ISO8859-9 # Digital Platform 7°E 11.617 V 30.000 3/4"

regards and thank you all for your efforts.

Sicilian
17-07-11, 13:27
Just flashed latest Official 5.10, scanned 30W no probs and found one Benfica TV and one Sport TV Liga Inglesa. Then flashed latest Blackhole, again no issues.

Tried to take a backup of BH image, but cant seem to find an image backup plugin for it.

pooface
17-07-11, 13:58
Looking aat Sic's post, it appears there's something wrong then with either ur receiver or setup...

Can u go to your supplier with them, and adsk them to test it out (if they have any motors to test with)? Would find it quite surprising if it was the box tho, as there would be quite a few people who have used/bought them now, and no-one else seems to have this problem?!

Sent with Tapatalk

Sicilian
17-07-11, 14:01
Just flashed VTi 3.0, again working perfect. Here's a backup from my receiver.

lampiao
17-07-11, 20:12
thank you for all your efforts, really appreciated. I will try the backup and report back.

lampiao
18-07-11, 17:19
can't get it to work. this box is driving me mad...
I went and got a better LNB,SMART Titanium 0.1 (see picture, I have no intent to do any publicity, if necessary please erase this.), I get signal like I never had here before, 99% is almost like having the satellite on the next floor.

I get ok with zon fullHD channels but no way with meo
it's a mystery...
you can also see a picture from dm8000 with a weaker antena and liga inglesa with same antena working perfect either ways.

lampiao
18-07-11, 17:26
here is the lnb

Sicilian
18-07-11, 17:28
All the VTi infobars show signal, but if you look bottom right it says no detected softcam. I think you've got a softcam issue, not signal.

lampiao
18-07-11, 17:30
All the VTi infobars show signal, but if you look bottom right it says no detected softcam. I think you've got a softcam issue, not signal.
hello, that's because there is no softcam installed.. only worried about signal.. and it also say no sofcam but epg info is ok on zon HD channels.

Sicilian
18-07-11, 17:32
Dont understand what your saying now, the infobars you've posted show the signal OK, so dont really understand the issue.

lampiao
18-07-11, 17:35
Dont understand what your saying now, the infobars you've posted show the signal OK, so dont really understand the issue.
signal ok always have been, but if you look closely there is noinformation about program and when tunning to channel information comes up saying no information from TP. on second another picture in a minute.
on the other hand zapping to ZON HD channels, program information and remainning time shows...

lampiao
18-07-11, 17:40
signal ok, but after a minute or so this info turn up...

pooface
18-07-11, 18:30
signal ok, but after a minute or so this info turn up...

After a quick google for that message, it looks like it could well be ur tuner... Dm800 clones are susceptible to that msg by looks of it, and a few kathrein boxes...

As I said before, can u take it back to supplier and ask them to test it out?!

Sent with Tapatalk

punisher
18-07-11, 18:34
no i think he meant it works perfect on dm8000 but not on the uno using the same dish etc

pooface
18-07-11, 18:41
no i think he meant it works perfect on dm8000 but not on the uno using the same dish etc

I know it's a prob with his uno. But dm800 clones with dodgy tuners have that message a lot from what I read ... So, either he has a dodgy box/tuner, or his tuners are not correctly fitted?!

Sent with Tapatalk

punisher
18-07-11, 18:43
its a strange issue as sic gave his vti backup which worked for him on his uno but it doesnt work on lampiao's unos yet his dm8000 works ... gotta be something on his uno ... i know the unos have plug and play tuners ... have you tried taking the tuner out and putting it back in, maybe not seated properly or something like that ... i have no idea i dont have an uno but im just taking a guess lol

pooface
18-07-11, 18:48
Exactly wot was trying to say (much easier to express on pc keyboard than phone... :p)

Sent with Tapatalk

punisher
18-07-11, 18:49
lmao u did say it and i just missed it .. god i think i need to go to specsavers lol

lampiao
18-07-11, 21:55
hello again, thank you all for "keeping it alive", I really think is software, I just looped out of uno into another box(different make) and signal goes thru just fine. all channels work on second box. what I really don't understand is how sicilian box is working. I could have a bad patch of receivers, but it would be very strange to all other TPs, work, and this SR in particular is giving problems... I am getting a little old for this, but I was thinking I was too old... just another bit of extra information out of curiosity, when I do blind scan, this same tranponders appear with slight differences, not sure exacly how, but something like the 12012H30000 3/4 is capured in blind scan as 12013H29999 3/4, like I said it may not be this exact values, but similar small changes like this.
not wanting to get into your business, but if I could have a look at the files in question before compiling the image, I could probably easily spot the problem.. in case someone could forward the text files for the tuner text information both for uno and duo, I would be happy to help... well as it also solves my problem...
regards

Sicilian
22-07-11, 09:02
This issue has now been solved by VU+. Basically the FPGA chip needs a software upgrade that can be done via FPGA Upgrade plugin.

The reason I had no issues is becuase of a different version of software on my sample Uno.

Upon VU+ finding out about this issue they immediatly arranged for an Engineer to fly over to UK from Korea for testing at my home. Thank you VU+ for the superb support :)

I'm in possesion of a beta version of the FPGA Upgrade file, if anyone urgently require's this prior to the VU+ Offical release please send me a pm with your email address.

pooface
22-07-11, 09:40
This issues has now been solved by VU+. Basically the FPGA chip needs a software upgrade that can be done via FPGA Upgrade plugin.

The reason I had no issues is becuase of a different version of software on my sample Uno.

Upon VU+ finding out about this issue they immediatly arranged for an Engineer to fly over to UK for testing at my home. Thank you VU+ for the superb support :)

I'm in possesion of a beta version of the FPGA Upgrade file, if anyone urgently require's this prior to the VU+ Offical release please send me a pm with your email address.

Excellent work by Vu+... Shows the dedication and support they are putting in to their boxes :thumbsup:

Donnie
22-07-11, 10:05
@ Sic Could you clear your in box ? ;)

Sicilian
22-07-11, 10:09
@ Sic Could you clear your in box ? ;)

Done ;) Just created more room lol!

yavoy
22-07-11, 16:58
is not good to my channels on 30000, how I can fix or upgrade
greetings

Sicilian
22-07-11, 17:11
is not good to my channels on 30000, how I can fix or upgrade
greetings

Read the thread and send me a PM with your email address.

someuser08
22-07-11, 22:12
Is this a problem on all currently available units?

Larry-G
22-07-11, 22:24

as far as we know all production units in the uk were shipped with this fault, the update sicilian has received from the Vu tech guys solves this problem and no doubt a public release will be made as soon as possible.

Sicilian
23-07-11, 05:59

It's NOT a problem as its been solved. If you require the FPGA Upgrade file send me a pm.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
23-07-11, 06:01
Any VU+ Uno receiver purchased from us will now have the FPGA Chip already re-programmed so the user will NOT need to be concerned regarding this.

Order from here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu/VU-Uno-Single-Tuner-HD-DVB-S2-Linux-Enigma-2-Satellite-Receiver

Donnie
23-07-11, 09:23
The problem can now be fixed via a download to your box, here is the info.

http://www2.vuplus.com/14-vuplus-articles/91-vu-uno-upgrade

kabise
23-07-11, 10:58
i can confirmed that problem on 30000SR especially on 8psk is solved

cheers

Luar
23-07-11, 17:25
Important notice for users Vu + UNO!

As promised, Vu + UNO is now on sale from June 2011.

VU + is very grateful for your interest in our new product and will continue trying to update our products.

There have been several reports about the scanning (scan) problem in specific TP (with SR 30,000) new firmware is released to fix the problem.
It is highly recommended to update your Inbox if you encounter a problem when scanning channels with your box.

There are two ways to update your box.
One is using the USB memory stick and the other is update directly from the internet.

Option A) using USB memory stick.

1. binary Firmware download at the link below.
http://archive.vuplus.com/download/fpga/vuuno/TS_PRO.dat
2-save the file to download data on USB memory card.
3. Attach the USB memory stick to your box and reboot. (or restart the GUI)
4. plug-in Menu Goto FPGA.
5. Select the data file in the USB memory card and start ' update '.
6. reboot your box.

Option B) update directly from the internet

1. plug-in Menu Goto FPG.
2. download the data file, by pressing the button ' blue '.
3. Select the data file downloaded and start ' update '.
4. reboot your box.

Download the attached guide for the detailed explanation of update.

Note: this update should only be done with the official image mounted ...

punisher
23-07-11, 17:29
thanks for the post Luar but there is already a sticky created for this :p

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9781-Notice-from-Vu-Vu-Uno-firmware-upgrade

Luar
23-07-11, 17:44
thanks for the post Luar but there is already a sticky created for this :p

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9781-Notice-from-Vu-Vu-Uno-firmware-upgrade

yavoy
23-07-11, 18:29
Well, I've updated and scans tp 30000, now the problem is that decodes the AAC-HE, and the deco is that if you decode AAC-HE

Anyone know how to fix

greetings

Donnie
23-07-11, 18:59

Works just fine with Black Hole Image

Luar
23-07-11, 22:29
Well, I've updated and scans tp 30000, now the problem is that decodes the AAC-HE, and the deco is that if you decode AAC-HE

Anyone know how to fix

greetings

If CCcam 2.2.1...

lampiao
24-07-11, 09:30
Hello,
upgrade can be done in any image, just reboot after upgrade is finished.
Sound has nothing to do with machine or image, look at Emus and that is plenty of information about it around. but basically it's nothing to do with image. I am sure if you take it into consideration it will save you time trying to test different images...
regards

Larry-G
24-07-11, 09:43
in all honesty it really makes no difference as the box can be re-flashed again in under 5 mins, and the backup feature in images such as VIX means you can make a exact backup of your system which can be re-flashed and running again in minutes with no further setup needed.