PDA

View Full Version : auto standby feature?

redout
14-07-11, 16:49
Is there a menu for autostandby so I can set the receiver to enter standby at a certain time or enter standby if no buttons are pressed for say 1hr?

I know there is a sleep timer which allows you to go into standby but that must be activated manually and is only a countdown timer.

Using Vix 2.2

punisher
14-07-11, 16:57
yeh if you go into blue button/VIX/Power Manager and you can set the auto standy by for whatever time you want

redout
14-07-11, 18:13
Sound - have that setup now.

One more Q:

On the Duo I have Tuner A on USALS for motor (although this aint driving motor as I have twin lnb on another box in the house actually drives the motor) and Tuner B on single for fixed Sky dish on 28e. Problem is that I think if I move the motor dish to 28e then both tuners are on 28e but if I try to record off 28e I think it is using Tuner A instead of B when it detects that Tuner A is stationed at 28e. I setup to record off ITV1 HD yesterday in this scenario but moved the motor during the start of the record and noticed later that evening the programme did not record even though Tuner B is fixed at 28e!

I have noticed that in setup/customise/expert there is an option which states preferred tuner - mine is selected to auto - if I switch this to Tuner B will this resolve the problem?

Any suggestions?

punisher
14-07-11, 18:15
try putting tuner A as static and tuner B as your USALS

redout
14-07-11, 18:18
try putting tuner A as static and tuner B as your USALS

Aye, I know that is an option but my only worry is that I have about 20 odd recordings setup off 28e at the moment. If I switch around the tuners will they still record?

irishchris
15-07-11, 08:19
It should detect even if you switch them around once you setup correctly which is which in tuners config menu. Also you should setup your preferred tuner for recording ( ie. static tuner ) in customize menu and it will use that one.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Rampy
24-07-11, 15:26
about standby, why is 'elektro power save' no longer working in vix 2.2.100 ??
i installed it via ipk but the image won't recognize the plugin, it's better then the build in power manager :confused:

andyblac
24-07-11, 18:20
about standby, why is 'elektro power save' no longer working in vix 2.2.100 ??
i installed it via ipk but the image won't recognize the plugin, it's better then the build in power manager :confused:
how so ?, lots has change in ViX 2.2.100 for stabillty

Rampy
25-07-11, 08:13
That's fine, but i always used 'elektro power save' because it's daily adjustable to go in stand-by/wake up, so wake up in WE is at morning, during the week it 's at 16:00 h
now i can install the ipk, but it 's no longer recognized, so not usable, any idea

andyblac
25-07-11, 11:26
hmm, can you post the IPK and i will take a look.

Rampy
25-07-11, 11:41
Ok i'll include the 2 latest versions, perhabs the dir are changed ?
thanks for looking at it

takelick
09-09-12, 17:06
Well, I've switched from Vix 2.4 on 3.0 but it seems that Elektro Power Save doesn't work with 3.0 version. What a pity. I like this plugin very much.

Stanman
09-09-12, 17:17
If your in VIX power manager is integrated into the image

Blue button>VIX>Power management

Rob van der Does
09-09-12, 18:01
And traditionally you can install 'AutoShutdown' from the feeds.

takelick
09-09-12, 19:41
Guys, this is not the same. Elektro Power Save has a much bigger functionality. For me it is a big disadvantage of this new image :(

judge
09-09-12, 20:21
What does the plugin do? sorry, never used it.

Larry-G
09-09-12, 20:21
Guys, this is not the same. Elektro Power Save has a much bigger functionality. For me it is a big disadvantage of this new image :(

Then without being rude, go ask the author to fix it to work with the image. we cant be held accountable for every third party plugin on the planet nor should we be either.

takelick
09-09-12, 21:09
Then without being rude, go ask the author to fix it to work with the image. we cant be held accountable for every third party plugin on the planet nor should we be either.

The plugin is quite old and I'm not sure whether still supported (but it still works or worked). You should take into consideration compatibility third party plugins. This is not the only plugin that doesn't work on the image. Maybe to much changes in the new 3.0 image? No offence, image without plugins is a poor image.

Stanman
09-09-12, 21:15
Thats the ame wth all images and if it tested every plugun for compatiability we would never have moved from vux 1.0.

End of the day plugin athor needs to update their software and user neededs to consider wther to update. The good thing is you have easy back up options i VIX;)

Larry-G
09-09-12, 21:16
The plugin is quite old and I'm not sure whether still supported (but it still works or worked). You should take into consideration compatibility third party plugins. This is not the only plugin that doesn't work on the image. Maybe to much changes in the new 3.0 image? No offence, image without plugins is a poor image.

As i said it is not our responsibility to maintain third-party plugins nor should we be expected to build our image around these no longer updated or supported plugins. it is regrettable that some plugins may not be compatible with the latest image, but we can hardly be held responsible for that.

judge
09-09-12, 21:20
This is not the only plugin that doesn't work on the image.
We've been trying to track down plugins in the feeds that are no longer compatible with VIX updates.
If you know of more, please post them so we can test.

Rob van der Does
09-09-12, 21:30
And again: what's it you miss in the ViX-powermanager (apart from what AutoShutdown adds)?

Rampy
10-09-12, 07:55
And again: what's it you miss in the ViX-powermanager (apart from what AutoShutdown adds)?

electro power save: set daily power on/off, at different times each day !!
very interesting if you have a fixed-free day in the week :D

Rampy
10-09-12, 08:14

ps: VTi-Team Image Release v.4.1 is working fine with electro power save, today going to upg VTi 4.2.2, I expect no problems, if so I let you know.

Rob van der Does
10-09-12, 08:16
Yes, but VTi is based on VU-OI, so a lot of innovations are missing there.

Trial
10-09-12, 11:10
Hi,
I use normal zap timer to shutdown/wakeup my box on several different times each day. I am even more flexible then powermanager and electro.

ciao

Rob van der Does
10-09-12, 11:58
I use normal zap timer to shutdown/wakeup my box on several different times each day. I am even more flexible then powermanager and electro.
Indeed an easy to use and fool-proof option.

takelick
10-09-12, 19:43
Well, a few comments from my side:
1. Elektro Power Save works - I had too old version but found update :)
2. Autoshutdown is a very nice plugin.

So, thanks to this mess I have two plugins that can even work together :D

andyking35
16-09-12, 18:55
Well, a few comments from my side:
1. Elektro Power Save works - I had too old version but found update :)
2. Autoshutdown is a very nice plugin.

So, thanks to this mess I have two plugins that can even work together :D

Hi

Could you tell me where you got the latest version of Elektro to work with Vix 3.0 please?

I have the problems with AutoShutdown shutting the box down during recordings. For example, if i press record on a program and put the box into standby, autoshutdown will put the box into deep sleep even a recording is in progress.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?10495-AutoShutdown-automatic-deep-standby-after-a-set-time states that:
"Should start during the standby time comes during recording, it will be executed and turned off the box after shooting (as long as the timer event is set to automatic)"

Does anyone know what he means by this? I can only assume he means auto timers which are not always convenient if i'm watching a program and just want to record it without going to the hassle of creating an auto timer.

Rob van der Does
16-09-12, 19:00
Maybe give the attached plugins a try?
I just found them, I didn't try them myself (yet).

andyking35
17-09-12, 19:47

Neither of those extensions work with Vix 3.0. On the plugins page an error displays saying it couldnt be loaded because of some StbHardware problem.

andyking35
18-09-12, 19:34

Neither of those extensions work with Vix 3.0. On the plugins page an error displays saying it couldnt be loaded because of some StbHardware problem.

Rob van der Does
18-09-12, 20:39
OK, it was worth a try.

andyking35
29-09-12, 17:56
Hi,

ciao

Could you please tell me where u got this plugin from for vix 3.0? It can't be found via extensions.

andyking35
29-09-12, 17:58
Could you please tell me where u got this plugin from for vix 3.0? It can't be found via extensions.

Scrap that. I just realised that you mean using a timer :D.

andyking35
30-09-12, 01:11
Scrap that. I just realised that you mean using a timer :D.

I have just looked at the zap timers and the "after event" option is removed when you change from record to zap. Therefore i dont see how you can shutdown the box with a zap timer. I can see how you can wake it up but not shutdown.

Rob van der Does
30-09-12, 06:03
I have just looked at the zap timers and the "after event" option is removed when you change from record to zap. Therefore i dont see how you can shutdown the box with a zap timer. I can see how you can wake it up but not shutdown.
The trick is: set up as a record-timer, including the shutdown-action. Than save, re-open and change to zap-timer.

Anyway: we're working on adding functionality to the powermanager, but no idea when that will be ready.

Trial
30-09-12, 07:06
Hi,
as Rob said create it as record timer and save it, edit timer and switch to zap timer. Another method is using the web interface but I did not test if this works as supposed at least you can set an after event action there.

ciao

andyking35
30-09-12, 11:16
Excellent thanks.

Just to let you know I found the latest versions of Elektro here: http://www.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=101016. Version 3.4 definitely works with Vix 3.-0.