PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using an amp with HDMI inputs?

Twigman
25-03-10, 23:10
I use a Denon AVR1910 as a source switch.
All my video and audio sources are input here and a single HDMI lead is connected to the telly.
It cuts down on the spaghetti hanging out the back of the TV.

Now I have filled all the optical inputs on the back of the Denon so I am wondering if undecoded (raw) multichannel AC3 audio would be passed by the HDMI cable from the VU to my amp.

Could someone test the following for me on an HDMI input to their HT amp please:

AC3 Default = Yes
AC3 Downmix = No

Does the undecoded AC3 get through HDMI to the amp?

btw I'm still waiting for my box - and if this doesn't work I've got some serious head scratching to do
thanks

malsat
26-03-10, 20:03
Hi

My Vu+ is connected to my yamaha amp with hdmi and sound is great,sometimes I get narrative audio and have to change by pressing audio button then AC3.

Sicilian
26-03-10, 20:07
Hi

My Vu+ is connected to my yamaha amp with hdmi and sound is great,sometimes I get narrative audio and have to change by pressing audio button then AC3.

On those channels Engima 2 should remember the audio source you last selected, provided you re-boot in the correct and just unplug the receiver.

Twigman
27-03-10, 10:50
Hi

So if a braodcast is sending out Dolby Digital 5.1 is this passed by the HDMI?

Twigman
31-03-10, 10:58
Sent: 31 March 2010 10:56
To: Twigman
Subject: RE: VU+ Duo Audio question

Dear Twigman,

I am told that AC3 and DTS pass through is possible via HDMI.

I hope this will answer your question.

HURRAH!!

Zaxxman
27-05-10, 20:54
I can confirm that AC3 passes through to my Denon via the HDMI lead with the downmix off, not managed to find a Dts feed yet.