PDA

View Full Version : Mkv 1080p dts no sound problem

jjp2701
12-07-11, 23:45
I have put a Mkv 1080p dts movie on a USB stick now it plays it perfect but has no sound at all I am running the latest vix image. Is there anything to get this working. In my settings I have it on dts downmix and still no joy. I was gonna do a Clarke tech software update but not sure if it would wipe my Cccam config and if it would just look for updates of the vix image. Anyone any ideas please

Sicilian
13-07-11, 06:08
dts downmix is not working on any Enigma 2 receiver apart from the VU's with latest drivers. VU+ have just implemented this feature. DTS downmix dont even work on a Dreambox. Hopefully Xtrend will implement soon.

mmcmedia
13-07-11, 08:19
What i do is demux the streams so u have a x264 files & a .dts files then convert .dts to ac3 remux em back together and end up with a .ts file which will play perfect

2 programs - 10 mins work job done

tsmuxer to demux streams & eac3to change from dts - ac3 if u can be bothered works for me

pooface
13-07-11, 08:34
What i do is demux the streams so u have a x264 files & a .dts files then convert .dts to ac3 remux em back together and end up with a .ts file which will play perfect

2 programs - 10 mins work job done

tsmuxer to demux streams & eac3to change from dts - ac3 if u can be bothered works for me

Yup do the same, except I do it on my mac, and have some app that you just drag the mkv file to, it splits em up and converts for you. Then, I just use mkvmerge...

Sicilian
13-07-11, 08:50
Another option is to invest in an amp that will decode DTS and connect to amp via optical lead.

pooface
13-07-11, 08:50
Another option is to invest in an amp that will decode DTS and connect to amp via optical lead.

That's the easy option. Some of us have missus' who moan about wires and speakers all over the place :p ;)

jjp2701
13-07-11, 10:53
lol, i have my vu+duo downstairs attached to my amp, and my et5000 in my bedroom, so i cant attach a amp to it, gutted there is nothing else i can do

gab2001uk
15-08-11, 08:00
I also had this problem with recent .mkv files. Turns out the audio was dts-hd, which my 10yr old amp could not decode, and the VU could not down-mix either.
A new amp solved the problem, but as an intermediate measure converting the audio works for XTrend and VU

Jacka969
21-11-11, 05:15
Hi, working the mkv + dts sound with the last image ? Thanks