PDA

View Full Version : Sponsered Swimathon

pooface
12-07-11, 21:38
Hey guys.

A few of you probably know that myself and my son go swimming on Saturdays, and this Saturday (yes, I've left it late :p), we've got a sponsored swimathon, hoping to raise money for Tommy's:

http://www.tommys.org/

If your would like to sponsor him (no matter how small, don't mind if people don't want to sponsor, just thought would put the offer out for people ;), the address to use is:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/lovelldr

The theme for the sponsor will be Pirates, so was thinking of dressing him up with some face paint if we can find some to make him look a little like a pirate.

Cheers.

David

pooface
12-07-11, 22:13
Many thanks to stanman for contributing! Very generous of you matey :thumbsup:

Larry-G
12-07-11, 22:54
i would love to put something into the pot mate but i'm skint at present. sorry.

pooface
12-07-11, 23:08
i would love to put something into the pot mate but i'm skint at present. sorry.

That's fine matey, don't worry :thumbsup:

As I said, don't want to force people to think that they have to sponsor, if people would like to, then that's fine, if not, then that's also fine :) No need to justify yourselves

Sicilian
13-07-11, 06:11
I'll sponsor him m8ty. Will do later today.

Why dont you post this on public section?

Larry-G
13-07-11, 07:16
yes agreed, make a post on the general forum i am certain there will be many members who will gladly put a few quid in, and it's all for a good cause too.

pooface
13-07-11, 08:44
Thanks, but just didn't feel comfortable opening up to whole forum :p It's only a small thing we're gonna be doing, and feel uncomfortable asking for donations anyway :p

Stanman
13-07-11, 20:53
Put it in the public forum mate, its for a good cause.:thumbsup:

pooface
16-07-11, 15:42
We did the swim this morning. Little one loved it, and had a great swim. Enjoyed doing the swim to find the treasure. Had to walk off the plank (actually, he ran off, lol), swim over to "surfers cove" where he went "surfing" on a float, then dived in the water to collect the treasure from the bottom of the pool...

So far, the running total across the country on Thursday, just counting the online sponserships, was at £133,000... So, the more money that can be raised the better!

Thanks guys :thumbsup:

Sicilian
18-07-11, 06:02
Well done to the young man, dontated ;)

silverfox0786
18-07-11, 06:50
internet is scarce here but i would love to donate let me know how and i will try send it over if not i will give it when i return if its not too late

pooface
18-07-11, 09:52
Well done to the young man, dontated ;)

Thanks a lot matey. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

pooface
18-07-11, 09:53
internet is scarce here but i would love to donate let me know how and i will try send it over if not i will give it when i return if its not too late

I think that donations are still applicable up to a month after the event... So you should be able to follow the link in the first post when you get back if you want to donate matey. Thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

silverfox0786
19-07-11, 12:43
I think that donations are still applicable up to a month after the event... So you should be able to follow the link in the first post when you get back if you want to donate matey. Thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

donation made well done junior :D

pooface
19-07-11, 13:40
donation made well done junior :D

That's very generous matey... Thanks once again :) :thumbsup: