PDA

View Full Version : ET5000 - how to do factory restore?

geekystar
12-07-11, 00:57
Hi

My ET5000 box now got into serious problem. Brifely after boot up, showing the red ET5000 icon and the white channel info box, it goes completely dead.

By dead, I mean:

No LED light up on the front panel
No TV output
Not possible to telnet
Not possible to connect via Samba

If I switch off the box and on again, it goes through the same.

It persist AFTER reflash the Vix 2.2 firmware.

What shall I do? Please help! Thanks very much!

basilyoung
12-07-11, 01:00
are you getting the VIX slash screen showing, on start up,...the green screen...and the repeating??

Sicilian
12-07-11, 05:17
Have you tried re-flashing again?

Are you actually getting the ViX infobar after bootup? Or just a dark screen after the Xtrend bootlogo?

geekystar
12-07-11, 09:51
are you getting the VIX slash screen showing, on start up,...the green screen...and the repeating??

Yes. The red ET5000 screen -> VIX silver splash screen saying waiting.. -> occasionally info bar at the bottom -> power off, not restarting

Have you tried re-flashing again?

Yes I've tried reflashing with latest VIX a few times and still the same.

How can I solve this please? Thanks!

Sicilian
12-07-11, 09:54
Follow this flashing guide word for word http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8141-How-to-flash-Upgrade-ET5000-via-USB-memory-stick

geekystar
12-07-11, 11:31
Follow this flashing guide word for word http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8141-How-to-flash-Upgrade-ET5000-via-USB-memory-stick

Ah I know why now. I saw the yellow light and thought it was updating. Forgot this. Stupid me!

To load the ET5000 firmware you'll need to press the up button on the frontpanel.

Will try again tonight!

Thanks all.

Sicilian
12-07-11, 11:42
So to re-cap, put the flash files on the USB stick. Wait for the first LED, then press the UP arrow. Then leave to re-flash. Once its complete the ET5000 will re-boot by itself. Do not remove the USB stick whilst flashing.

basilyoung
12-07-11, 23:06
he he, looks like your unit is,nt dead then,....My next step was as per Sicillian post, had a simular problem myself recently