PDA

View Full Version : Manual install of EPG

judge
11-07-11, 17:55
Hi all,
I'll my VU+ Duo will be offline for a few weeks so am wondering how to manually install EPG for the 7 days.
It's the Sly UK channels I'll want, any tips?

Donnie
11-07-11, 20:10
Which image ?

Foxylady
11-07-11, 21:02
On vix 2.2 Menu, Setup, System, EPG, XMLTV importer, press BLUE, i select satmate sky UK, Rytec UK XMLTV, Press GREEN i.e ok, Press MANUAL and off you go fella

judge
11-07-11, 21:54
Which image ?

Sorry, VIX 2.2

On vix 2.2 Menu, Setup, System, EPG, XMLTV importer, press BLUE, i select satmate sky UK, Rytec UK XMLTV, Press GREEN i.e ok, Press MANUAL and off you go fella

Thanks, just tried & am stuck on the spinning VIX logo, presume because the box isn't connected to the network.

Can I download EPG on my laptop & transfer to the DUO?
if so, where do I download it?
Thanks.

judge
11-07-11, 21:57

sorry, that did work, thank you.
The spinning VIX was due to downloading EPG over the satellite, I presume.
all sorted now.

Sicilian
12-07-11, 06:09
Rytec used to have ready made epg.dat files on his website, but looks like he's now removed them, afraid I cant think of a way without being to connected to the internet.

EDIT: Check your pm.

judge
12-07-11, 12:12
all sorted, thanks guys.

hobartpaving
19-08-11, 14:52
I got my Duo sorted with my Sly card yesterday and was wondering how to get a full epg. I read these instructions
and it's looking great now.
One question though. Does this auto update or do I have to manually download it every week ?.

Stanman
19-08-11, 18:32
I got my Duo sorted with my Sly card yesterday and was wondering how to get a full epg. I read these instructions
and it's looking great now.
One question though. Does this auto update or do I have to manually download it every week ?.

GO into the EPG menu and select your location for EPG data, best USB.
Than go into crossepg and configure for auto download, also select OPENTV as source. than download manualy and away you go - it will auto download at the selected time

hobartpaving
21-08-11, 21:06
Thanks for that. That's me sorted out.