PDA

View Full Version : Change Symbol Rate

Kelly
11-07-11, 12:48
To receive BBC HD & BBC ONE HD I need to change the transponder to 10847/23000 but my system defaults to 10847/22000. I have been unable to find how to change the symbol rate from 22000 to 23000. Please, can anybody help me?
I am an absolute beginner and need all the help I can get!! I have a TM7100HD installed in my home in Cyprus. I have a fixed 3.0 metre dish setup for Astra 2 28.2 Deg E. I receieve all the normal freesat channel including ITVHD.

Regards Kelly

eddyfelt
17-07-11, 13:13
HI Kelly,

I've just spent 1.5 hours trying to do the same thing and at last managed to do it. BBC HD and BBC 1 HD "disappeared" about a month ago. However I don't have the same HD satbox as you (Topfield SBP 2000) but I'll explain what I did just in case this helps:

I first tried re-doing a search of all services for one transponder and then realised that the symbol rate had changed from 22000 to 23000 (having looked on www.lyngsat.com. I hadn't realise this before being a complete novice).
I then tried editing TP information (on my HD box = MENU>installation> SAT/TP Edit but could edit everything on a transpoder EXCEPT symbol rate !)
Then went into MENU>installation>searching>search mode and changed search mode to "advanced" (not manual), pressed OK here and this gave me a "search mode" menu where, using the numeric buttons of the remote, I could change 22000 to 23000, also changed modulation to DVB-S2/QPSK, FEC to 8/9, redid a search of the 10847 transponder and HEY PRESTO back came BBC HD and BBC 1 HD.

Does this help in any way with your box ?

Eddy

For info, I live in Strasbourg Eastern France.