PDA

View Full Version : hotbird 13 e setting for vu+duo help

boxer29
09-07-11, 16:44
just want my 80 cm dish to go fixed on hotbird 13 e ,
got the dish pointing in the direction and got good signal on the meter as well ,,
now what sort of setting do i need to do on the vu+duo box for hotbird ,,
running vix 2.1
got both tuners hooked up to sky fixed dish at the moment ,,
which tuner to set up for hotbird and how
will experiment with the dark motor later for motorized
thanks

punisher
09-07-11, 17:49
tagged and moved to the right forum

punisher
09-07-11, 17:50
stick ur motorised in tuner B and do a search for 13e hotbird in automatic search. then you can use someones E2 bouquet settings and use the Hotbird 13e channel list

boxer29
09-07-11, 20:30
how do i put the settings and what settings do i have to do for the tuner b ,
will it affect the tuner a setting s
thanks

Stanman
09-07-11, 20:36
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1412-tuner-settings&highlight=motor+setup
The the settings from post 10 in the above thread for TUNER B on your box.
to input the settings go to menu>settings>system search>tuner configuration.

boxer29
09-07-11, 20:41
my dish is fixed not motorised ,,

is there any way of cheking if i have picked the hotbird 13e not any other satellite ,,i have dont the azimuth correctly ,but just to confirm
thanks

Stanman
09-07-11, 20:45
In tuner configureation, you need Single , Simple next line, 13 in the sat, if its not there you will need to download a new SAT.XML and diesecq is NO once done do auto scan.

boxer29
09-07-11, 21:28
In tuner configureation, you need Single , Simple next line, 13 in the sat, if its not there you will need to download a new SAT.XML and diesecq is NO once done do auto scan.

connected the cable to tuner 2 in vu+duo
configuration mode simple
mode-- single
diseqc no
satelltie ,,shows astra 2 as i had connected the second sky on that tuner ,,if i change it says nothing connected
where to download an sat xml file ,,and to put it ,,will it not change the settings of my sky sat xml file
any comments
thanks

punisher
09-07-11, 21:39
u can download the satellites.xml file from

http://satellites-xml.eu/

chose the satellites you want including your sky sat and then save the file to the computer. transfer the satellites.xml file to etc/tuxbox and overwrite the one you have in there. Restart Gui and then configure it and then do a scan on tuner b

boxer29
10-07-11, 00:40
downloaded all the satellites.xml from the website ,,dont think will need all ,can delete later ,but to save time
put them in the etc/tuxbox ,overriting the old one ,
set the settings in tuner b to hotbird ,,
asked it to scan tuner b ,but its starting to scan ,,Astra and horbird ,,
is there any way of asking it to scan just the tuner b

how can i check that the satellite on tuner b is hotbird or which one
thanks

boxer29
10-07-11, 01:08
can you guys tell me how to check which satellite is on tuner b and how to check the signal strength ,,just want to tweak to get the best signal strength ,,
using vix 2.1
thanks

boxer29
10-07-11, 01:51
well i think i need to realign the dish
no services found
snr 0 fluctuates you can see a purple line
agc 69
ber 0
lock not green ,,
how to get the elevation on the dish right i mean what do i need to set it to ,,its easier if you know the elevation ,just to move rt or left ,,
i just saw my sky dish adjacent to this one ,and did the check up with my android app sky installer ,,the meter did show the full strength of the signal ,,
what am i doing wrong
will spend tomorrow as well ,trying to tweak ,
does it have to be the dish inclination ,,azimuth ,,or the lnb skew ,,it says it has to be 10 anticlockwise have done that as well
what should i be doing now ,,
thanks

boxer29
10-07-11, 02:00
here is what satfinder is saying for astra
my latitude is 53.69

Name: 28.2E ASTRA 2A | ASTRA 2B | ASTRA 2D
Distance: 39273km

Elevation: 22.9°
Azimuth (true): 144.6°
Azimuth (magn.): 147.0°
LNB Skew [?]: -12.6°
Turn counter-clockwise standing behind the dish

Name: 13E HOT BIRD 6 | HOT BIRD 8 | HOT BIRD 9
Distance: 38866km

Elevation: 27.2°
Azimuth (true): 162.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 164.5°
LNB Skew [?]: -10.5°

so does the dish has to be 5.1 degree elevated to sky elevation ,,how do i put this to my dish bracket which has got scales on to it ,,do i have to point it to 27 degree or what
there are 2 azimuths as well ,which one should i go for ,,
thanks

Larry-G
10-07-11, 10:56
just manually choose which satellites you want to scan one at a time or use a pre made bouquet such as the catseyes bouquet as your base and go from there.

as for which satellites to have in your .xml i'd say 45 east to 30 west is about the best you should expect to get on a 80 cm to 1.1 meter dish and certainly not any thing out side 75 east or 45 west.

Larry-G
10-07-11, 11:07
here is what satfinder is saying for astra
my latitude is 53.69

Name: 28.2E ASTRA 2A | ASTRA 2B | ASTRA 2D
Distance: 39273km

Elevation: 22.9°
Azimuth (true): 144.6°
Azimuth (magn.): 147.0°
LNB Skew [?]: -12.6°

Name: 13E HOT BIRD 6 | HOT BIRD 8 | HOT BIRD 9
Distance: 38866km

Elevation: 27.2°
Azimuth (true): 162.0°
Azimuth (magn.): 164.5°
LNB Skew [?]: -10.5°

so does the dish has to be 5.1 degree elevated to sky elevation ,,how do i put this to my dish bracket which has got scales on to it ,,do i have to point it to 27 degree or what
there are 2 azimuths as well ,which one should i go for ,,
thanks

to be honest hotbird is a very strong satellite to receive in the uk so you need not be all that meticulous in setting it up. as long as your pointing it in the rite direction you can manually adjust the elevation a bit at a time untill you get the best signal you can.

boxer29
10-07-11, 13:01
just manually choose which satellites you want to scan one at a time or use a pre made bouquet such as the catseyes bouquet as your base and go from there.

as for which satellites to have in your .xml i'd say 45 east to 30 west is about the best you should expect to get on a 80 cm to 1.1 meter dish and certainly not any thing out side 75 east or 45 west.
ok ,
if i download the catseye bouquete for hotbird ,,where do i put them ,and what will happen to my exixting silverfox 786 sky ones ,,will they change ,overwritten ,
can you tell me how to scan just tuner b on vu+duo ,,in vix2.1
cause when scans it scans both tuners that takes more then an hour or so ,,
is there any way of checking that which satellite my dish is locked to ,,before doing the scan ,,thanks

Sicilian
10-07-11, 13:08
You wont be able to combine Silverfox numbered bouquets and hotbird bouquet.

Btw, why do you use so many commers? I find your posts very cunfusing....Please just try using a single commer and full stop so they're more understandable.

Larry-G
10-07-11, 13:08
any bouquet you load to your box will always over write the previous one. as for scanning tuner B you have it wrong, you can not select which tuner to scan for as they essentially act as one in this process. what you need to do is scan only hotbird. i'm not in front of my box at the moment and cant remember the exact procedure / menu's but if you go into the tuner page and select to scan only hotbird it should work.

Sicilian
10-07-11, 13:15
You'd be best off using Cateyes bouquets and editing them to suit your needs with Dreamset.

Delete the bouquets you dont need, the copy and paste Silverfox's bouquets into Cateyes http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?411-How-to-copy-and-paste-bouquets-from-different-settings-packs

boxer29
11-07-11, 09:18
i will do that.no luck though with aligning the dish
i go to my settings and then in the sat finder the reading there show
snr fluctuates from 23 to 35
agc is 73 fixed
ber blank
no lock
do you have to leave it on the sat finder and the name of the satellite you want to fine in my case hotbird in there ,and then realign the dish to get the signals and check them
or do you have to do anything different.
will check the cable and lnb later by attaching it my sky box and checking the signal on 28.2 e
the cable was there for 6 years but it was properly protected by thick tape ,so that no water might have gone in , i hope so.ive tried 2 lnb a philips universal one and i had a zinwell quad lnb which is also a universal one .
thanks
am i missing anything

Sicilian
11-07-11, 11:51
You mentioned about fitting a motorised system. Personally I'd recommend getting an installer round and letting them align everything for you with an installers meter.

boxer29
11-07-11, 13:47
thats going to be the last thing
i like to experiment myself as well

boxer29
12-07-11, 09:18
strange thing happening given up on the hotbird wating for a new meter had to return the old one bought it from maplin looks crap the one which they sell for 29 pounds .
when i connected my other cable on tuner b from the fixed dish and tried to chage the satellite for some reasons it was locking on the hotbird and the eurobird with the same snr 76 and agc 90 as my other tuner a was locked to 28.2 .when i did a fast scan on just tuner b it only showed the sky channels i this time picekd a different sat then sky on tuner b .
is this normal or what
my mere is showing full signal and half at -4 you know where you control the gain, no signal at -2 i have tried to tweak each and everything but no luck
then just to experiment i went on to my other sky fixed dish and tried to satellite finder on that ,it showed the same results on that fixed dish with good reception on sky .
is there a problem with the satellite finder
does the vu+duo locks like this on the other satellite when the dish is not pointing towards that satellite say hotbird and the dish is fixed at sky 28.2 ,it locked alomost all the chanlles within a radius of 20 degrees
the dish is a sky one isntalled by sky and it has a quad lnb also fitted by sky
any comments

boxer29
21-07-11, 19:39
You'd be best off using Cateyes bouquets and editing them to suit your needs with Dreamset.

Delete the bouquets you dont need, the copy and paste Silverfox's bouquets into Cateyes http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?411-How-to-copy-and-paste-bouquets-from-different-settings-packs

its very difficult to read on its pic
can you post something which i can read
ive saved these and tried to open them with photo gallery but if i make them bigger cant see a thing
thanks