PDA

View Full Version : Why so many epg options?

walter_red
08-07-11, 22:44
EIT, ryvix, crossepg, xmltv epg importer, epg load patch...etc, etc.......

Whats the minimum I need enabled to make epg work for UK S*Y ??? I assume having combinations of these are why my epg has listings that are different in graphic view to when you go to the channel?

Had the duo for a long time now and love it but still have issues with epg that I can't cure - maybe there is no cure....

If EIT downloads from the transponder why do we need any other options?

Thanks

delboy13
08-07-11, 23:39
im new to sat but i use crossepg with opentv no probs so far

stick50jr
09-07-11, 02:32
EIT, ryvix, crossepg, xmltv epg importer, epg load patch...etc, etc.......

Whats the minimum I need enabled to make epg work for UK S*Y ??? I assume having combinations of these are why my epg has listings that are different in graphic view to when you go to the channel?

Had the duo for a long time now and love it but still have issues with epg that I can't cure - maybe there is no cure....

If EIT downloads from the transponder why do we need any other options?

Thanks

If you get seven days of epg from your EIT then I agree, all you need to do is tune to the appropriate transponder in order to download the epg. There are many other situations where this is not the case and it is sometimes awkward. For example, some services only provide 'now' & 'next' via EIT and worse, some have just a generic channel message which indicates a 12 hour 'now' and another 12 hour 'next'. This latter example can cause this useless EIT info to obliterate anything you have downloaded by other means. Vix is a good solution in this case, because EIT can be disabled. This is my first reason for using Vix. You'll need to research to understand all the different variations, but I thought I'd just give you a bit of an indication.

cheers

punisher
09-07-11, 07:35
Easiest and simplest for me was CrossEPG, using OpenTV and Astra 28.2e for Sky UK. works perfect for me everytime

Sicilian
09-07-11, 07:50
Added prefix [VU+ Duo] and moved to the correct section.

walter_red
10-07-11, 17:46
Thanks for the replies - I had a few options enabled (freesat, eit, netmed etc) as well as crossepg. Disabled everything except crossepg now and opentv astra 28.2 as source. Hopefully problem solved.

cheers

delboy13
19-07-11, 09:29
Thanks for the replies - I had a few options enabled (freesat, eit, netmed etc) as well as crossepg. Disabled everything except crossepg now and opentv astra 28.2 as source. Hopefully problem solved.

cheers
i done the same as you now when i turn box off at night and on in the morning i have no epg before with other settings i still used to have it in the morning. epg set to use usb by the way

pooface
19-07-11, 10:23
i done the same as you now when i turn box off at night and on in the morning i have no epg before with other settings i still used to have it in the morning. epg set to use usb by the way

Have you set it to do a scheduled download? Or at least done a manual download?

delboy13
19-07-11, 13:39
Have you set it to do a scheduled download? Or at least done a manual download?

it is scheduled for 8pm plus have tried manual only have epg till turn power off read about sometimes crossepg files be on hdd aswell will check when i come home. it is strange as before i disabled freesat, eit, netmed it used to work no problem

delboy13
20-07-11, 12:00
today it worked no problem will check over next couple of days maybe it was just a one off