PDA

View Full Version : Various questions

benny2007
08-07-11, 09:06
Hallo All,

I am new here, coming from Germany.

Up to now, I had an Topfield PVR 5500, but would like to change to an PVR, which is able to display HD.

Have to say, thet there are a lot of goodies on the Topfiled, which I would dislike to miss (especially my wife....)

Questions are (when reading the manual), hopefully not to specific...:

Timeshift: do i have to activate it always, or is it running automatically, what i prefer

Timeshift & Recording: Does the et9000 jump to the channel, which shall be recoreded, when the record starts (in this case timeshaft of the current channel is lost)

Radiotext: on my topfield display shows information from the radio channels (e. g., when listening music, there is information displayed about artist + song, must have for my wife...:eek:)

Internet: is free internet surfing possible (my understanding: yes)

EPG: is full information about the movie just looking easily available

Rather important: Picture quality in HD & SD (similar good as with topfield?). There are threads existing, which says picture quality is excellent, would be great to get confirmation

Sound: will use the et9000 to play MP3's, is the sound good

That's all for the time being, hope the questions are not too specific...

Thanks a lot in advance for your help

greetings from Germany

benny

P. S.: the other option would be to go for a Dream 8000, i know rather expensive.
is there an overview about differences between this 2 boxes somewhere available.

VincentVegas
08-07-11, 15:06
Hi benny,

Questions are (when reading the manual), hopefully not to specific...:
maybe thats not the best way to get informed. I recommend the information sites of the various images that can be run on the et9000.
As an example of a great image:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9035-ViX-Team-ET9000-Image-v2.2-11-06-2011

Also, this might interest you:
removed link to outside forum - pooface
Please keep in mind, that the drivers and images are still under development. But this development is fast and most of the things work really well.

Timeshift: do i have to activate it always, or is it running automatically, what i prefer
Normally you have to activate this, but there is a plugin for autotimeshift.

Timeshift & Recording: Does the et9000 jump to the channel, which shall be recoreded, when the record starts (in this case timeshaft of the current channel is lost)
No. It uses the second tuner. Never had problems.

EPG: is full information about the movie just looking easily available
...via the button "i".

Sound: will use the et9000 to play MP3's, is the sound good
i like it.

Regards,
VincentVegas