PDA

View Full Version : News of the World to close amid hacking scandal

Larry-G
07-07-11, 16:50
This Sunday's issue of the News of the World will be the last edition of the paper, News International chairman James Murdoch has said.

In the past few days, claims have been made that the paper authorised hacking into the mobile phone of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler, the families of 7/7 bombing victims and bereaved military families.

Sky News said proceeds from the paper's last edition would be given to good causes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14070733

Stanman
07-07-11, 18:08
I feel sorry for all the people who weren't involved in this, just like the printers its the average joe Murdoch is screwing over. Brooks and Coulson are still sitting pretty.

I guess Sunday Sun or Sun On Sunday next week.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Larry-G
07-07-11, 18:40
yeah agreed mate, although i feel one of the murdocks should swing for this, but seeing as they own most of this country and it's government thats not going to happen.

basilyoung
07-07-11, 22:17
to be honest, I hate the News of the World, the Sun, and simular tabliods
they make a living from ruining peeps lives, rabble rousing, and have at last reaped there rewards

no doubt it will re appear in another form, but for now, they are gone, hopefully for good

it should also, hopefully stop a well known take over

as for the employees, most deserve sympathy, the ones that dont, appear to be still employed

Stanman
09-07-11, 13:02
That take over amazes me that no one else has come in for it, you would think a business which is a monoploy in this country and with estimated earnings of 2Billion would have more suitors.