PDA

View Full Version : need help Please ;IPcam

ac-milan
07-07-11, 15:31
hi all

I have been trying to use the Ipcam viewer plugin with no success.

I have downloaded the plug in ( black hole image), then when go to plugin and try to launch it it goes in loop trying to open for long time and then nothing happen.
am I missing something in here?
I had internal HDD, tried other images with the same result.

my ipcam works fine on my iphone and my pc.

any help would be very much appreciated

Curious123
30-05-12, 00:05
A very old post but was wondering if there was fix as I have the same problem?

basilyoung
30-05-12, 00:13
I dont think so, but some use dreamviewer on the i-pad/phone

Rob van der Does
30-05-12, 08:00
ViX has the 'camoFS'-plugin in the feeds; that works well with quite a number of camera's.
The attached screenshots are in German, but English & Dutch are available as well.

Bowz
30-05-12, 12:37
Hi,
I cant find CamoFS in the VIX feeds but found version 6.17 on the net and installed it, however when I try to configure it via the plugins menu I get a message 'camoFS not stared, Module PLI not found!, any ideas
Thanks

Rob van der Does
30-05-12, 12:53
I installed it from the ViX feeds and had no problems.

Donnie
30-05-12, 13:43
Hi,
I cant find CamoFS in the VIX feeds but found version 6.17 on the net and installed it, however when I try to configure it via the plugins menu I get a message 'camoFS not stared, Module PLI not found!, any ideas
Thanks
The module you want is actually call PIL and to get it to run put it in etc/ConfFS or /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/camofs

Bowz
30-05-12, 15:58
Rob will your vix feeds be different with yuo being based in the Netherlands, I still cant find it in the VIX feeds.

Donnie still hunting for the PLI module but struggling to find it, any ideas,

Thnaks to both of you for the help so far

Larry-G
30-05-12, 16:02
Rob will your vix feeds be different with yuo being based in the Netherlands, I still cant find it in the VIX feeds.

No the feeds are the same for every one.

Sicilian
30-05-12, 16:28
Just come accross this thread, so could say and Ultimo be used for a simple CCTV system using IP cams? If so anyone have a list of any IPcams that work and readily available in the UK?

Donnie
30-05-12, 16:44

What I have found is the new release is for OE1.6 and OE 2.0, download 7zip which is free, with this tool you can extract IPK files, you will be left with a file called data. Extract this in the normal way and inside the tmp folder will be the file you are looking for.

Donnie
30-05-12, 16:45
Just come accross this thread, so could say and Ultimo be used for a simple CCTV system using IP cams? If so anyone have a list of any IPcams that work and readily available in the UK?

Foscam seems to be the brand of choice with this and other IPcam plugins.

Sicilian
30-05-12, 16:49
Foscam seems to be the brand of choice with this and other IPcam plugins.

Niceone, going to order one of the pan & tilt models to try out. Looks interesting this :)

Rob van der Does
30-05-12, 17:32
....I still cant find it in the VIX feeds.
Which version of ViX are you running? On ViX 2.4 you should be fine.

Bowz
01-06-12, 14:06
Sorry Guys,
Still having issues getting this to work. I have updated to V2.4 (didnt even know it was out!!) and downloaded the plugin camofs, however I still get the same message that it is looking for Modul PIL.

Donnie i have extracted the PIL folder from the camofs 6.17 ipk and installed it where you said but that doesnt work either, do I need to get the PIL folder from somewhere else?

Thanks to both of you for your help so far but I see to be having a nightmare......:rolleyes:

Donnie
01-06-12, 16:01
This is from memory so don't shout if I am wrong but put the complete folder with it's contents in :-
/etc/ConfFS/

You may not have a folder called ConfFS so you may have to create it.
chmod 755 your folders.

Rob van der Does
01-06-12, 16:31
I really don't understand it: I downloaded CamoFS from the ViX-feeds on several boxes and had no problems at all.

Donnie
01-06-12, 16:45
I really don't understand it: I downloaded CamoFS from the ViX-feeds on several boxes and had no problems at all.

I can see no reason why it won't work when you install with the IPK file either but maybe something he already has is disrupting the installation. :confused:

Rob van der Does
01-06-12, 17:27
I can see no reason why it won't work when you install with the IPK file either. :confused:
Correct: the ipk on the feeds is the one from FS's site.

Donnie
03-06-12, 18:28
Correction from my earlier post regarding the location of the PIL module.

This is the correct location.

/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/PIL

Bowz
07-06-12, 08:53
Finally got it installed, found a new release V 6.19 (3rd June) which apparently fixes some install issues (possibly my problem but not sure), just need to configure my camera now.....

Thanks