PDA

View Full Version : Box Keep On Freezing

bazeze
06-07-11, 23:27
Using vix 2.1. Have Usb for timeshift,Epg and picons. hard drive only for recording. Everything was working fine but recently the box keep on freezing so took off the usb and change timeshift to hardrive but still freezing. If the hard drive and usb are disconnectedthe box work fine. Kids and the miss want to record and be able to use timeshift.help needed please.

fintannl
07-07-11, 01:18
unusual problem, have not seen. suggest relash of vix 2.1 and if you are willing to do that why not go a step further and flash vix 2.2 which is well worth the effort

j1mgg
07-07-11, 17:46
Have you tried just recording to the usb drive to see if the same thing happens with the hdd disconnected?

Stanman
07-07-11, 18:02
Try reconnecting each device one at a time and ensure they are mounted and initialised properly and recording paths are pointing to the right place.

bazeze
07-07-11, 21:22
@Stanman try all that but same problem. It happen only in the evening. Could it be because the Usb is overheating?. As it's holidays and the kids are using the box all day till 11Pm.

Stanman
07-07-11, 21:57
I wouldn't think so mate, I have a cruzer 16GB for picons, EPG and timeshift (not PTS) and never had any freezes apart from user induced ones.

You could check your HDD as it might be on its way out.

basilyoung
07-07-11, 22:08
A number of possibilties come to mind, but to be honest, is guess work, as this problem is a first, as far as I know

over heating

back ground usage, ie, hard drive in constant use

poor coax connection to the lnb,s

I take it you are using a subscription card in your unit?? and not using other means, if so, that may well be your problem, and if so, can not assist you further

hex_inc
08-07-11, 16:53
i switched timeshift off and it hasn't crashed since

bazeze
08-07-11, 19:02
Took off usb and Hdd and plug them back in the next day. Look ok now hopefully will continue to work.Thanks all

punisher
09-07-11, 18:17
tagged and moved to correct forum