PDA

View Full Version : UPnP/UShare (No module named UPnP.UShare.plugin) on VIX 2.2

mauri
06-07-11, 22:18
Hi there folks,

Tried to install UPnP/Ushare from plugins section, but after it seems dowloading from world-of-satellite repositories and installing on root, it gives me the same onscreen message "Some plugins are not available: UPnP/UShare (No module named UPnP.UShare.plugin). I remember that on VIX 2.1 I did have ushare plugin installed and running with no issue.

OSD screen grab attached.

cheers

p.s. I did uninstall/reinstall the plugin several times (restarted Enigma as well after each unistall/reinstall), but no success. :(
p.s.s. can some1 point me to the manual install of the needed ipkg file?
p.s.s.s. :D I read in another forum that twonkymedia has a DM7020 media server, which I installed on my Vu+duo but could not find it anywhere in the menus in order to activate the server...

mauri
07-07-11, 16:52
Is there anyone would could help? plzzz! :/

mauri
12-07-11, 20:59
I don't understand what I am doing wrong, that I do not have any response on this issue?
Should the topic be a 'hot' topic, like CCcam or similar problem, in order to get some help in the forum?
seriously, I don't get it.

Anyways, I decided to give a go to the latest PLi nightly build and see if I solve my issue.
I will post back with my results.

cheers

mauri
12-07-11, 21:46
After installing PLi image and some plugins, including ushare, it gives me the same message. no such plugin is installed. WTF?! :(

plz heeeelp!

basilyoung
12-07-11, 22:56
I am sorry that no surport seems available, if anyone here new how to help, they would have posted a responce by now
maybe, someone that as yet, has not seen this post, may help you

but you are not being ignored, its just that, if peeps cant offer help, they do not post, a clue is "views" of the post, against answers

hope you get tyhe problem resolved, either from here, or elswhere

and please post any results here please

pooface
13-07-11, 09:00
As bas says, people are not ignoring you.

Threads do get overlooked (I hadn't seen this post myself), and others do not know how to help you...

Now, my suggestion would be to try and install the plugin yourself:

opkg install enigma2-plugin-upnp-ushare

This should install the upnp ushare plugin it's asking for :confused:

Let us know what the result is :)

mauri
13-07-11, 10:36
thanks pooface and bas for your replies, but unfortunately I could not solve my issue. I did install (days ago) the plugin myself manually, from the VIX ipkg installer menu AND from a telnet/dreambox editor/toolbox of some type (dont remember exactly the name of the application I used).
What puzzles me more is the fact that, even after reflashing with PLi, the same message shows. I thought that by reflashing you could clean install everything, but in my case is not happening. Strange :(

pooface
13-07-11, 10:49
thanks pooface and bas for your replies, but unfortunately I could not solve my issue. I did install (days ago) the plugin myself manually, from the VIX ipkg installer menu AND from a telnet/dreambox editor/toolbox of some type (dont remember exactly the name of the application I used).
What puzzles me more is the fact that, even after reflashing with PLi, the same message shows. I thought that by reflashing you could clean install everything, but in my case is not happening. Strange :(

My guess is that PLi have probably done something that has upset the plugin then... :lol3:

Might wanna ask them on their forums, as if it has the problem in their image, it will still have the problem in ours...

mauri
13-07-11, 11:11
lol
by that you mean vix 2.x will have similar/same bugs as PLi has, since VIX 2 and onward is based on PLi image?

My guess is that PLi have probably done something that has upset the plugin then... :lol3:

Might wanna ask them on their forums, as if it has the problem in their image, it will still have the problem in ours...

Stanman
13-07-11, 20:35
lol
by that you mean vix 2.x will have similar/same bugs as PLi has, since VIX 2 and onward is based on PLi image?

There not the same image, VIX is based on PLI and some of the bugs will be there but not necessarily everyone as in other respects VIX is different from PLI.

suityou69
15-07-11, 18:51
Hi there folks,

Tried to install UPnP/Ushare from plugins section, but after it seems dowloading from world-of-satellite repositories and installing on root, it gives me the same onscreen message "Some plugins are not available: UPnP/UShare (No module named UPnP.UShare.plugin). I remember that on VIX 2.1 I did have ushare plugin installed and running with no issue.

OSD screen grab attached.

cheers

p.s. I did uninstall/reinstall the plugin several times (restarted Enigma as well after each unistall/reinstall), but no success. :(
p.s.s. can some1 point me to the manual install of the needed ipkg file?
p.s.s.s. :D I read in another forum that twonkymedia has a DM7020 media server, which I installed on my Vu+duo but could not find it anywhere in the menus in order to activate the server...

Dont know if this is what youve done already (and keeping in mind this is for the vix image im running) but maybe worth a crack??

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8841-Setup-Network-to-stream-from-PC-Server-to-Duo&highlight=suityou69

Fingers crossed :thumbsup:

mauri
18-07-11, 12:20
thanks for your suggestion mate, but I have the opposite issue/need. I do play/stream everything from my PC to Vu+. What I can not do is to share Vu+ into my LAN network, so it can be visible to my MediaSmart server.
In other words, I am trying to make visible the ushare plugin/server of vuduo as it is Windows Media Player, which allows me to stream everything that is in my Laptop, via the medismart server. thnx again for your reply! :)

suityou69
18-07-11, 12:23
Doh! Sorry fella :)

pooface
18-07-11, 12:42
You do realise that by default, in the vix image, your hdd is already shared as an nfs drive... So, you should be able to mount the nfs share in windows:

http://sagehacks.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/howto-mount-nfs-shares-under-windows-7/

If you then share your media via your lappy to the mediasmart server, then it should be able to share the nfs drive. Might be slow tho, going in then out of the laptop ?!

mauri
18-07-11, 13:58
Yes, I've done that already. I can watch the stuff of VuDuo on Mediasmart THROUGH mediasharing on laptop.
What I am trying to do is to get rid of the laptop, and access the ushare/dj mount server DIRECTLY to the mediasmart server...That's why I want to install upnp/ushare plugin - because I believe it will act to Mediasmart server, similarly as Windows Media Player...
For the record, it works flawlessly via laptop - no stuttering even in the 1080i HD materials (and it is worth to mention that medisamart server works over wifi, not hardwired... :D), but my missy finds this kinda of too long, that's why I want to shorten the steps. ;)

You do realise that by default, in the vix image, your hdd is already shared as an nfs drive... So, you should be able to mount the nfs share in windows:

http://sagehacks.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/howto-mount-nfs-shares-under-windows-7/

If you then share your media via your lappy to the mediasmart server, then it should be able to share the nfs drive. Might be slow tho, going in then out of the laptop ?!

pooface
18-07-11, 14:02
Have no idea what mediasmart is, but maybe this can help with getting it to work with an nfs server?

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009/12/11/guide-setting-up-nfs-in-whs/

mauri
18-07-11, 14:07
Looks promising. I will post back any end results I will have. Thanks a lot!

mauri
18-07-11, 21:17
Could not solve anything. Tried hard for a couple of hours but it looked very techy... :(

Today I had to reflash a Vu+ box of a friend of mine, which was shutting itself down right after booting, and in order to test it, I tried to install upnp plugin.
Guess what, the same 'missing upnp/ushare pluggin' message appeared again.
Hence it is not a bug related to my box only (drivers, HDD corrupted or whatever faulty thingy inside my box).

Guess I'm back to where I started. :'(

Have no idea what mediasmart is, but maybe this can help with getting it to work with an nfs server?

http://www.mediasmartserver.net/2009/12/11/guide-setting-up-nfs-in-whs/

pooface
18-07-11, 21:30
Could not solve anything. Tried hard for a couple of hours but it looked very techy... :(

Today I had to reflash a Vu+ box of a friend of mine, which was shutting itself down right after booting, and in order to test it, I tried to install upnp plugin.
Guess what, the same 'missing upnp/ushare pluggin' message appeared again.
Hence it is not a bug related to my box only (drivers, HDD corrupted or whatever faulty thingy inside my box).

Guess I'm back to where I started. :'(

My guess is that pli changed something that won't allow that plugin to install. If you said you had it working before, try installing vix 2.1, 2.0, 1.3 etc... See if it does your job. If so, a PLi bug...