PDA

View Full Version : Telling if a DM800 is Genuine or Clone

Doreblade
06-07-11, 13:44
Can someone put me right, I'm trying to tell someone what to look for to see if a fleabay item is genuine or clone

Am I right in thinking that if the advert contains reference to Bootloader and SIM versions it'll be a clone?

Larry-G
06-07-11, 13:51
yes references to bootloaders and sim versions will mean the box is a clone, the main difference though will be the price. a average clone will go for £150 a genuine box can easily be double that.

Doreblade
06-07-11, 13:52
Price difference is exactly what I've been telling my mate - cheers for the quick response phoenix.

Larry-G
06-07-11, 13:54
personally i'd tell him to leave the dm800 alone and go for a Vu+ solo or Duo. see the site sponsor for details.

Doreblade
06-07-11, 13:56
I'm trying to settle on a reasonable second hand price for my genuine DM800 for him (I've now got a Vu+ Duo which is why I'm selling). He wants to join 'our little community' if you know what I mean ;)

Doreblade
06-07-11, 13:57
Agreed, my Duo came from sponsors - can't fault them, love the box

cypchris
06-07-11, 14:18
why even bother with a clone they are a pile of crap power supplys goes wrong all the time tuner failure cant use other images bootloader dependent you just be waseing your money Go for a xtrend et5000 or vu solo or if you want cheap tm800

Alias1
06-07-11, 23:36
why even bother with a clone they are a pile of crap power supplys goes wrong all the time tuner failure cant use other images bootloader dependent you just be waseing your money Go for a xtrend et5000 or vu solo or if you want cheap tm800

Anything with dream on it clone or not in my opinion is a waste of money.
Overpiced and build quality is crap.
Dream boxes I have had dm500, dm5620, dm7000, dm7020 dm800 and dm7025

fintannl
07-07-11, 01:22
agree with alias. while i learnt much in the past from programming a dreambox it was not until i bought a vu+ duo that i understood what quality was. there is no going back and i would never recommend a dreambox (clone or genuine) to any friend

Larry-G
07-07-11, 01:37
i will agree that the genuine dreambox models are exceptionally expensive. however i have owned a DM7020 for well over 9 years and the build quality is very very high, this box still works as well today as it did the day i bought it. i also own a genuine dm600 and to be fair i'm not a fan of the build quality specifically the very poorly designed swappable tuner card.

i now have a Vu Uuo now and would not consider buying another dreambox for any other reason than development and image testing.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
07-07-11, 07:30
I'd highly recommend the Xternd ET5000, much faster performance than any DM500HD or DM800 ;) In stock here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Xtrend-ET5000-Single-Tuner-DVB-S2-HD-Enigma2-Linux-Satellite-Receiver

pooface
07-07-11, 11:57
From what I understand in reading this thread, ur trying to sell ur 800 to a friend, who is trying to get it cheaper, as he's seen the clone on ebay?! You want to proove it's a clone, so why it's cheaper than what ur offering?!

If the item is second hand, ur could ask the seller for the serial number to enter on the dmm website. If it's new, then talk of secondstage loaders and sim cards is definitely a copy...

Second hand, you're probably looking to get around 250 quid best offer I would think...

If I read it all wrong, sorry, disregard me :p

Sent with Tapatalk