PDA

View Full Version : USB Freeview HD Suport VIX 2.2

Comfysofa
06-07-11, 13:22
Gents - ive just got my 2.2 image installed and running - i was in the middle of installing my sd freeview hd tuner and noticed that theres support (or what i think is) for a HD freeview tuner - is that right??

Stanman
06-07-11, 20:37
None at the moment in the UK,though you can in Ireland using one of the NOVA sticks, IIRC its the one that comes with the PS3.
As for the UK Sundek I believe have a stick but Linux drivers are not working as needed.

irishchris
06-07-11, 23:25
In Ireland all of the supported tuners eg sundtek, nova etc work with hd saorview (freeview) channels. The vu+ itself decodes the mpeg 4 signal through your usb stick and not the stick itself. Not sure of the UK standard for hd though sorry.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comfysofa
07-07-11, 22:47
Ok - i'm confused - so it works or not one of you said no and the other said yes (kind of).....

Comfysofa
07-07-11, 22:48
Sorry - complete change of subject here ( might get a slap on the wrist here ) im trying to set up cardsharing using cccam (but only between a db600 and my vu in my own house ) can someone point me in the right direction....

punisher
07-07-11, 23:52
Sorry mate no cardshare talk allowed here u know the rules :D

irishchris
08-07-11, 09:53
Ok - i'm confused - so it works or not one of you said no and the other said yes (kind of).....

As I said earlier works perfect with the mpeg 4 h.264 hd standard used in IRELAND. So if you live in Ireland I can 100 % say its working but if in UK I do not know as maybe using different hd standard there. Hope no confusion now ;)

Sicilian
09-07-11, 07:48
Moved to correct section.

Stanman
09-07-11, 12:15
There are currently NO T2 (freeview HD) tuners working for the UK.
Oyr bretherens across the sea are luck as the Freeview tuners are different.