PDA

View Full Version : Help with mgcamd?

Allanf
05-07-11, 20:10
Hi all,

I have installed ccam 2.21 and all works as it should. I am now trying with mgcamd as well but completely stumped.

Downloaded and installed mgcamd 1.35a from the 4shared link. Now from what ive read i need to put two files into var/keys or usr/keys. Now im 100% sure my newcamd.list file is 100% correct and i understand that mg_cfg needs to be created.

I have downloaded several mg_cfg files from google, and none of them seem to work. Each time i install to the specified dir, and restart mgcamd from the blue button menu, but still no picture?

Any ideas on what im doing wrong?
Cheers

Edit - I have a vu+ solo running the latest vix image.

Donnie
05-07-11, 20:23
What are you expecting to see ? If it is a local card then you need to use a cardserver client such as sbox or oscam along side Mgcamd
If it is just what can be viewed from key files or the latest patched Mgcamd then any default mg_cfg will be fine.

Allanf
05-07-11, 20:33
Ive just fixed the problem. I think it was a bad mg_cfg file. I downloaded another one (about the 5th one ive downloaded) and all of a sudden it worked. Ill have a look to see what was different in the mg_cfg that has fixed the problem. Will report back when i find out what it was incase anyone else has the same issue in the future.

Donnie
05-07-11, 20:44
Check the correct boxtype is being used, also if you download and original version of 1.35 not 1.35a you will find the latest examples of the files needed with 1.35a inc how to add C lines.
Good luck and if you need any further help feel free to ask.