PDA

View Full Version : VU+ Duo randomly changing channels (including with latest Vix 2.2)

fmul9798
05-07-11, 16:20
Hi,

Has anyone had an issue whereby the vu+ duo seemingly randomly changes channel?
It's like it's getting remote input, but it's not coming from the remote. At one point, I saw the number "1" appear on screen as if entered from remote...
There are no timers set, and the only change to stock VIX2.2 is that I have the nova-t driver added.
The symptoms are that it will suddenly change to another channel whilst you are viewing one. Sometimes it will pop up the bouquet list on the left of the screen.

So far I have done the following:

Changed from 2.0 to 2.2 (same issue)
run the 2.2 online updates (same issue)

Any thoughts or tips?

Thanks in advance

andyblac
05-07-11, 16:43
check your batteries in your remote it maybe causing this issue

fmul9798
05-07-11, 17:11
Thanks for that Andyblac - I have tried to rule out the remote already by placing it in another room, but will definitely try the batteries.

Any other suggestions from anyone regarding odd issues like this?

fmul9798
05-07-11, 20:26
Well, it's not the remote.
Batteries removed for over half an hour and odd behaviour persisted.
It kept switching to another channel, sometimes changing to radio more, sometimes popping up bouquet list. Did it 3 times in the 30 mins.
Any other thoughts on best course of action ?

Thanks in advance

punisher
05-07-11, 20:30
ive gone to customers places where they have had similar things on other box's do similar things. you got any DECT phones next to ur box or any other wireless equipment nearby, try just isolating the box and the tv so nothing else is near and see if it still happens

digidude
05-07-11, 20:35
somethings causing IR bursts to hit the receiver m8, a very common thing for this is crystals hanging in the window or crystal pendants on light fittings, as the sun hits them on different angles, the IR signature changes, and causes random problems

another common one that ive seen, took me ages to work out, is if you have a video sender, outside inteference can cause it to transmit an IR command, the one that stumped me for ages was in a disabled ladys house, when somebody walked up next doors garden path, 10 seconds later, her TV guide would come on all on its own. next door had a wireless doorbell, and when someone pressed it, her video sender picked up the signal, and fired off the 'tv guide' command. the neighbour thought i was mad trying to explain it, and asking if i could change the channel he bell worked on as its was interfering with the telly lol

pooface
05-07-11, 20:46
another common one that ive seen, took me ages to work out, is if you have a video sender, outside inteference can cause it to transmit an IR command, the one that stumped me for ages was in a disabled ladys house, when somebody walked up next doors garden path, 10 seconds later, her TV guide would come on all on its own. next door had a wireless doorbell, and when someone pressed it, her video sender picked up the signal, and fired off the 'tv guide' command. the neighbour thought i was mad trying to explain it, and asking if i could change the channel he bell worked on as its was interfering with the telly lol

lmao, wot'd you been smoking or drinking before you went to that customers house?! :p hehe... It's well annoying all these things tho innit. My turtle beach wireless headphones go whappy doing loads of hissing noise when I'm downloading anything on wireless! Just glad the xbox is wired! lol

rob76
05-07-11, 21:17
Can you try covering the box's IR receiver by a peice of plaster or something? This will definitely eliminate external sources.