PDA

View Full Version : openbox dreambox quad lnb

jonline
04-07-11, 23:32
Hi
I have a dreambox dm600 which works fine. This is connected to a standard sly quad lnb.
I also have an openbox s9 HD connected to the same lnb.

Now whenever my missus turns on the dreambox, the openbox starts acting weird.
Most of the Vert channels stop working. i.e sly movies, CN, slysports.
What I mean by stop working is either distorted picture (totally unwatchable) or no picture at all.

When she puts the dreambox on standby, the channels come back on :confused:

Could this be a problem with the lnb?

Any response is a good one

basilyoung
05-07-11, 00:18
sounds like its on a loop through

possibly a dodgy lnb

try watching the same channel on both units

itsjustme
05-07-11, 11:20
Sounds like a dodgy lnb..

As basilyoung said it sounds like a loop through...

You can replace it with a zinwell for about a fiver on
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/zinwell-quad-lnb-mk4-sky-hd-freeview-etc-FREEPOST-/280705109414?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item415b540da6#ht_500wt_1156

http://www.leconcepts.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/dfaee961263ad0d1178173037ccebd85.jpg

basilyoung
06-07-11, 23:07
I would first make sure that the various units are connected directly to the lnb...rather than a short coax cable connecting to another reciever, other wise known as connecting to a loop through
via a reciever, rather than a direct lnb connection

jonline
07-07-11, 10:42
I would first make sure that the various units are connected directly to the lnb...rather than a short coax cable connecting to another reciever, other wise known as connecting to a loop through
via a reciever, rather than a direct lnb connection

All cables are separately connected to the quad lnb

jonline
07-07-11, 10:48
sounds like its on a loop through

possibly a dodgy lnb

try watching the same channel on both units

If I put both boxes on discovery history, I can watch both without any problems.
If I change the channel to say Cartoon Network, the dreambox works ok picture is fine, but the openbox has static with a unwatchable picture and audio problems, this happens on most channels with Vert freq. Signal intersity is 86% stable
signal quality is around 40-60%

itsjustme
07-07-11, 13:51
If I put both boxes on discovery history, I can watch both without any problems.
If I change the channel to say Cartoon Network, the dreambox works ok picture is fine, but the openbox has static with a unwatchable picture and audio problems, this happens on most channels with Vert freq. Signal intersity is 86% stable
signal quality is around 40-60%

That defo sounds a loop through mate...

Its like some contacts in your lnb are touching or similar...

Best replace it m8....