PDA

View Full Version : can i convert a motorised to a fixed multisat dish?

allyb
01-07-11, 22:59
hi,

we have a motorised dish and a dm800hd. I want to get a Vu+ duo and put the dm800hd upstairs.

i figure we can either go with a quad lnb and leave it as a motor setup or we could make it a bit more flexible by disconnecting the motor, adding multi lnbs and having the 2 boxes independent of each other. as long as the vu+ can receive eurosats i am happy for the dm800 to just receive normal channels.

can anyone advise me what is the best setup for this?

Thanks

ally :)

basilyoung
01-07-11, 23:58
what sats would you be after...what dish size is it??

but yes...you should be able to set it up as a multy sat dish

basilyoung
01-07-11, 23:59
have a look at this thread

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9079-Inverto-Basic-Kit-for-Single-Twin-MultiConnect-LNBs-%28SET1%29&p=69554#post69554

allyb
02-07-11, 08:17
hi,

it is an 85cm dish er not sure of the make i will need to check that and get back to you.
i am after the likes of 28, 20, 16, 13e not sure i need any facing West, it is mostly to pick up some foreign films & sports, mostly footie (toon fan). I was thinking 4 sats would probably be enough?

if i have 2 receivers what is the best setup for the lnbs and dish? do i need to add anything apart from LNBs to the dish? As motorised it will need a quad but with multi- sat not sure? only one of the receivers needs to be able to pick up all sats, although it would be nice if it is easy enough to convert it for both to.