PDA

View Full Version : Twin tuner

hawaythelad
30-06-11, 19:13
How can I set my twin tuned, I have it set up tuner b is equal to a, but when I record a profs me & switch the channel over, it switches to tuner b, but the screen is blank, any ideas

Sicilian
30-06-11, 21:01
Whats you satellite dish setup? Single or twin feed to receiver? One dish or two? Type of dish etc..?

amspa
14-07-11, 19:30
I'm having a similar problem.

Before getting the Vu+ I had a regular Sky+ HD setup. I still use this fixed dish and the 2 feeds that come from it.

The 2 feeds are plugged into the Vu+ Duo and setup as Tuner B equal to A.

When just watching TV everything is fine. When I try to record anything it says that it must change channel to the one being recorded. Basically it's acting as though there is only one tuner when the system is clearly recognising both when I go into System Information.

One thing I did notice is that when I go into Automatic Scan it only gives me the option to Scan Tuner A. Tuner B is not listed. Is that normal?

Is there anything else I need to do to get this working?

Thanks

Sicilian
14-07-11, 20:14
I'm having a similar problem.

Before getting the Vu+ I had a regular Sky+ HD setup. I still use this fixed dish and the 2 feeds that come from it.

The 2 feeds are plugged into the Vu+ Duo and setup as Tuner B equal to A.

When just watching TV everything is fine. When I try to record anything it says that it must change channel to the one being recorded. Basically it's acting as though there is only one tuner when the system is clearly recognising both when I go into System Information.

One thing I did notice is that when I go into Automatic Scan it only gives me the option to Scan Tuner A. Tuner B is not listed. Is that normal?

Is there anything else I need to do to get this working?

Thanks

Set tuner B like the screenshot below:-

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=381&d=1274390993

amspa
14-07-11, 20:29
Hi,

That's sorted it.
Thanks

ikram
23-01-12, 13:29
hi, I'm having the same problem as amspa but setting the tuner as you said didn't work, when I'm watching tv as normal its fine but when i start recording all the other channels go blank. HELP:)

Rob van der Does
23-01-12, 14:26
hi, I'm having the same problem as amspa but setting the tuner as you said didn't work, when I'm watching tv as normal its fine but when i start recording all the other channels go blank. HELP:)
Sure you have two independent feeds?
When the "channels go blank" are they also 'greyed out' in the channellist?

ikram
24-01-12, 13:25
definitely got 2 independent feeds and the channel list comes up as normal

Rob van der Does
24-01-12, 14:25
And the answer to my second question is......