PDA

View Full Version : 1W and 16E

emkwrx
29-06-11, 19:28
I am having issues with both these satellites as the Catseyes Settings (and most other enigma 2 settings) use 1.0W and 16.0E when my VU+ Duo(Image Vix 2.1) only states 0.8W and 15.8E, when I click on Tring , all the channels are greyed out. I have added a new satellites.xml to etc/tuxbox and rescanned but still do not get the channels. I can go to the satellites button and choose all the channels manually but cannot do it from the Catseyes favourites. I have the QBOX Mini using the same channel list and has no problems when I click on favourites. I even used the satellites.xml from the Qbox on the VU+ Duo but still all is greyed out.

Anyone had the same experience and if so, how did you fix it?

PS when I go to rescan, there is no option for 1.0W or 16.0E

Prioryman
29-06-11, 19:36
Mate it's your satilite.xml file. This has been cpvered before on the forum.

Try using search to find it.

emkwrx
29-06-11, 19:48
I have done that, downloaded it from the website and FTP to etc/tuxbox. Is there another place on the VU+ that I need to add the satellites.xml file to?

t.ph
29-06-11, 21:47
Download this plugin http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8407-Satelliteloader-Editor

Then select the sats you want, download & probably best to reboot & they should all be working
or
edit your xml file

basilyoung
29-06-11, 23:38
after correcting the xml file, or loading a new one, you need to reboot the unit,...then re add the two sats back into the tuner config set up,...then all should be ok

unfortunately, dependant on which channel list you use, some listings look for 16 east/1 west....others, like catseye....( my preferred listing ) use 15.8 east / .08 west

baz

buz
30-06-11, 04:55
I had exact same problem. If you go to enigma 2 downloads part of this forum and find Catseyes thread. You can download his latest bouquet and then use dreamedit to FTP to your box. This sorted it for me.

emkwrx
30-06-11, 20:34
Catseyes works on my Qbox Mini which I use to drive the motor, but does not work on the VU+ Duo. Downloaded Ciefp today to the VU and finally got 1W working although still have the probelm with 15.8E and 16.0E where the channels are greyed out. Did I read somewhere that I could edit the xml file, if so, do I change the line below to 16.0E and 0160, dont want to mess about unless it is correct ,in case I mess up 1W.

********sat name="Eurobird 16A / Eutelsat Sesat / Eutelsat W2M (15.8)" flags="1" position="0158">********