PDA

View Full Version : Retrieve files from an hard drive

Foxylady
26-06-11, 10:15
Morning all,
i have a 250gb sata hd i might aswell use in the duo as my current is 160gb.
The drive is from my faulty media centre of which i have now bought another media centre but kept the drive as it has important files inside i want.
I want obviously to get the files from it but i have not got a clue how too.
I have an external sata hd case which i am connecting this drive to my laptop but it is not showing.
My laptop i win7 and also the os on the spare hd is win7
Any help is much appreciated
Thank you

pooface
26-06-11, 10:44
It might well be that the hdd was the reason the media center died?! If you right click my computer and choose manage, can u see the drive appear under the hdd section? If not, either you haven't connected it to the enclosure correctly, or ur drive is dead...

Sent with Tapatalk

Foxylady
26-06-11, 11:17
I checked this and it shows but says no media unlke the drive in my lappy it shows size etc.
Problem was media centre just died, power remained and display and fan on, was watching a film and just went on me.
So am i best putting in drive back in media centre and try and install windows to see if this drive responds, i do have a spare drive i cna use, will get other things done like cleaning house before wife starts on me lol and get onto this.
Also i removed the pin on the spikes, sorry the ones that make it master or slave etc on the hard drive, but i can not see which pin it goes back on as no diagram

Braggster
26-06-11, 11:31
will get other things done like cleaning house before wife starts on me

^^^^^^^^^We can see who wears pants in this relationship :p:p

Foxylady
26-06-11, 13:08
I know how you feel now :p

Realised the hd in v+ are only ide, not a biggy, as i already have replacement media centre, so will remove the part and get them sold, sell the barebones chassis also as it would be too much messing about as i remember originally i tested all sorts and got nowhere different.