PDA

View Full Version : recording problem

satsatsat
25-06-11, 14:51
when i try to record...i press the red button and then select add recording indefinietly and i get an error message saying...in order to record a timer, the tv was switched to the recording service...

can anyone tell me wat this means and wat i can do about it if anything

pooface
25-06-11, 15:44
I would guess that either u only have 1 lnb plugged in and setup, or u only have lnb a setup without setting up a second lnb...

Sent with Tapatalk

Dell_XPS
25-06-11, 15:45
Does it record using the epg ?, what happens when you press finish recording when prog finishes ?, ( number 1) ?

Stanman
25-06-11, 16:52
Does it record using the epg ?, what happens when you press finish recording when prog finishes ?, ( number 1) ?
Dont sure of your question mate but instant record does rely on the EPG for end time and the timers are also reliant on the EPG, not sure waht you mean by 2nd question as I always press stop after when I want to end an instant record.

satsatsat
25-06-11, 17:28
If i try to record manually ie not on timer it still dont work
I have lnb a as advanced etc and lnb b as unconfigured

Stanman
25-06-11, 17:30
Are you on fix to motor dish?

satsatsat
25-06-11, 17:53
motor dish using advanced config for tuner A but leaving Tuner B unconfig

Stanman
25-06-11, 17:57
Not 100% on this mate but if you might need to make tuner B same as A to get the channels, with the currenr settings you are only using tuner A.

satsatsat
25-06-11, 18:30
il try that and see if it works but its very odd it always worked before

xarqi
25-06-11, 22:35
It seems to me that if you are getting that message immediately, chances are your unit is misbehaving badly. Try a cold start, or reflashing your image, especially if you are using a non-standard one.
My reasoning is that the instant record feature is just that - it records what is currently tuned. There can never be any reason for it to change the tuning.

If you get the message some time after you've started the recording, it may relate to a timer you have set falling due. In that case, what you see may be normal given your configuration. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that timed recordings take precedence over instant ones as far as tuner allocation is concerned (although there is a setting to change this priority - that's assuming that instant recording is treated the same as normal viewing). If there aren't enough tuners to go around, the one in use for normal viewing and I presume for instant recording, will be preempted. In your case, with only one tuner configured, that is quite likely.

Or I've made too many guesses and assumptions based on too little understanding and something else entirely is going on!

satsatsat
26-06-11, 10:49
It happens whateva image i use
Ive used vix blackhole pli etc all the same measage

Blu-ray
26-06-11, 15:40
Same as i had go to my threads and have a read how i overcome my recording problem.