PDA

View Full Version : CrossEPG

BadBoy
24-06-11, 11:31
CrossEpg keeps getting stuck for me if I try to make any changes and then re download, it just hangs. Is this due to my udb stick? There are no crash errors and I have to manually switch the receiver on and off.

I was trying to get the picons working within the multi guide and as a result I have no picons showing at all.

pooface
24-06-11, 11:44
CrossEpg keeps getting stuck for me if I try to make any changes and then re download, it just hangs. Is this due to my udb stick? There are no crash errors and I have to manually switch the receiver on and off.

I was trying to get the picons working within the multi guide and as a result I have no picons showing at all.

Is your usb stick partitioned at all?

Another thing you could try. Telnet in to the box, and issue the commands (one line at a time):

init 4
rm /media/usb/epg.dat
rm /media/usb/crossepg/*.*
init 3

Obviously replace /media/usb with the correct locations you have set up for both locations... That should clear out all crossepg and epg data. Then, try downloading again...

punisher
24-06-11, 11:46
have you created a swap file on ur usb stick to try and help crossepg download properly, that has sorted that problem out for most people.

in regards to picons there is a tutorial in the duo section which will help you get picons setup

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8712-How-to-setup-picons-onto-usb-stick-ViX

BadBoy
24-06-11, 11:47
No partitions, but thats a great help. Shoudl've though about that really, doh!

BadBoy
24-06-11, 11:48
have you created a swap file on ur usb stick to try and help crossepg download properly, that has sorted that problem out for most people.

in regards to picons there is a tutorial in the duo section which will help you get picons setup

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?8712-How-to-setup-picons-onto-usb-stick-ViX

No, what do I need to do to make a swap file?

I already had the picons working, was trying to get them to show within the mutli guide and then it failed after I restarted enigma2, so I then tried to download the epg again and thats when it got stuck

pooface
24-06-11, 11:51
No, what do I need to do to make a swap file?

I already had the picons working, was trying to get them to show within the mutli guide and then it failed after I restarted enigma2, so I then tried to download the epg again and thats when it got stuck

To create swap partition, go to Blue -> ViX -> Swap Manager, create one, and then activate and autostart...

BadBoy
24-06-11, 12:01
will try this tonight.

BadBoy
25-06-11, 21:42
I still have this issue, it just seems to mess up after it has been working. I lose all my epg data and then when I try to download again it hangs.

punisher
25-06-11, 22:06
Where u storin ur epg anyway? I know after a reboot the epg doesnt load for a minute but its perfect after that and i store it on usb with a daily update at 6am. How many sats u tryna download?

BadBoy
25-06-11, 22:35
It's on USB and I am only downloading from one source in open tv for sky uk.

I have also set a daily download for 6am every morning.

punisher
25-06-11, 22:40
have u tried another usb stick? try reformatting it and then mounting it again as media/usb ... just double check the usb is mounted as media/usb by going to devices manager. also check in menu/setup/epg/ that ur epg location is pointing to usb too

BadBoy
25-06-11, 22:44
I'll try another setting as everything else is in check.

Where is the best place for the swap file?

punisher
25-06-11, 22:53
i use usb for my swap file

BadBoy
26-06-11, 21:56
I've changed to another USB stick now as I got an error saying that the epg db was corrupt, will let you know how I get on.