PDA

View Full Version : Tune Failed

mark_hopley
23-06-11, 00:16
I have a problem on my two ET9000 receivers. On boot up I have Tune Failed on many channels showing a snr of 0 but not all of them. They include BBC1, BBC2, ITV and lots more. If I pull out the sat feed from the receiver and re-insert the channels come back fine. Once the receiver is rebooted it generally goes back to tune failed. Also if I set a recording at a time when I am watching a different channel it will fail. Both receivers do the same thing so cant be faulty recievers.

Any ideas of the problem coz it is driving me insane? :mad:

Enzo
23-06-11, 05:27
Hi mate,

Here is a very good pdf guide for Et9000, but unfortunately only in German,maybe you can translate it, into English for you.

BadBoy
23-06-11, 07:01
Have u tried a retune and checked that both tuners are set?

mark_hopley
23-06-11, 13:46
I have tried numerous different settings/bouquets and have tuner A set to 28E static and tuner B set to usuals with my lat & long settings correct. Cant see why I am having this prob. Never had it when I had a duo

pooface
23-06-11, 14:01
I have tried numerous different settings/bouquets and have tuner A set to 28E static and tuner B set to usuals with my lat & long settings correct. Cant see why I am having this prob. Never had it when I had a duo

Never had this on duo/solo/et9000/dm800/dm500 clone?!

Have you any other inputs you can try around the house? Just wondering if it could possibly be the connectors you have on the cable are loose or something? What about the image? Which image are you using? Is it fully up to date and with latest drivers? Finally, have you tried setting the startup service for a channel? That way, it will boot up to that particular service no matter which satellite you were previously on..

slasher71
23-06-11, 15:10
It might be related....

I had an issue trying to setup USALS I had double checked the long & lat but couldn't get any channels

It took me a week to work it out

The long is 1.794W but I had to change it to 0.550E to get USALS to work correctly

If you're having an issue try changing the longitude worked for me..... anyone else have the same issue?

mark_hopley
23-06-11, 17:52
Thanks for replys guys. I am using the vix images. I have tried 2.1 and now 2.2 but both have the problem. I will try another feed in bedroom but dont think that is the problem.

@slasher71 Can you explain how your usuals works with incorrect settings. My long is 0.702 East. The problem seems to occur on static dish mainly anyway so not sure that would help

slasher71
23-06-11, 19:15
Hi Mark

Not sure how USALS is working with the incorrect setting but it does the dish is setup correctly so I'm guessing it could be a bug ?

Does sat finder show a signal for 28.2 E?
Worth a try .... 1.946E instead of 0.702E

Someone else had the same issue with USALS

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?7047-usals-setup-help

mark_hopley
23-06-11, 19:42
getting same prob in bedroom on static dish. Reflashed new power of dreams image which seems to have cured my problem but dunno how to install cams on that image. When I try to install tspanel it says it already has tspanel version 2.2 installed but I see it nowhere.

How can I get a cam on this image?

pooface
23-06-11, 20:57
getting same prob in bedroom on static dish. Reflashed new power of dreams image which seems to have cured my problem but dunno how to install cams on that image. When I try to install tspanel it says it already has tspanel version 2.2 installed but I see it nowhere.

How can I get a cam on this image?

And is that also with the same channel list that was used on the vix image? Might be a problem with the satellites.xml or the channel list itself...

You could try disconnecting the motor and leaving the fixed dish on satellite a. In tuner config, set tuner a to single satellite 28.2e, and tuner b to not configured. Then, try it again...

The Lambton Worm
25-06-11, 10:58
It might be related....

I had an issue trying to setup USALS I had double checked the long & lat but couldn't get any channels

It took me a week to work it out

The long is 1.794W but I had to change it to 0.550E to get USALS to work correctly

If you're having an issue try changing the longitude worked for me..... anyone else have the same issue?

Happened with me too but only on certain sats. Changed my settings from 1.36 to 0.00 and every sat works now.

slasher71
28-06-11, 13:40
Happened with me too but only on certain sats. Changed my settings from 1.36 to 0.00 and every sat works now.

Looks like it could be a bug then with USALS - is this a Xtrend software issue?

canthackit
29-06-11, 08:46
i'm getting tune failed whenever the dish moves using diseqc 1.2 so i dont think it's limited to just usals.

regards: canthackit

mark_hopley
29-06-11, 22:45
To update my situation I tried changing my usuals settings but they did not work propaerly so I changed back. I have also carried out an auto channel scan on 28E (which is what I mainly use anyway). Something during these two processes has cured my problem. Not sure which though lol. Maybe someone with more technical knowledge can explain what it may have been?

mark_hopley
03-07-11, 22:27
I can now confirm that it is the channel scan that sorts the problem. I transfer the settings and am getting tune failed on lots of channels and low signal on lots of others. Once I have carried out a channel scan after the transfer it puts the problem right.

Why is this? Is it an issue with vix or xtrend?